NameSilo

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I still feel in my gut that COVID-19 was made in a lab and is a bio attack, I doubt that will change unless it is proven not to be by a very good source.

•••
that is ideal, but if people are homeless and can’t get work due to a very deep recession or actual depression even, not being able to live could be just as bad as being dead possibly. All this is soooo confusing because I know we want to do what is right, but what is right?? Right for the future of the world and our countries so our children and ect have a chance at living the life we have been able to live, that is my biggest concern right now, the future of the young folks.

I am praying so hard that a vaccine in available soon, that will zap all my confusion

They’re working on it. There’s one now in human trials in WA. I’m sure there are others in the works, as well as research on treatments. This is very similar to the previous SARS so a lot of what they learned fighting that will be used to jump start research on COVID. They need to determine safety and efficacy of anything first, then a viable means of production, before any production can occur.

Get rid of the virus and the economy will recover. Rough meanwhile for many, or maybe all of us.

•••
They’re working on it. There’s one now in human trials in WA. I’m sure there are others in the works, as well as research on treatments. This is very similar to the previous SARS so a lot of what they learned fighting that will be used to jump start research on COVID. They need to determine safety and efficacy of anything first, then a viable means of production, before any production can occur.

Get rid of the virus and the economy will recover. Rough meanwhile for many, or maybe all of us.

then we need to quarantine is what you are saying, and 50% of me doesn’t disagree lol, when you say SARS , I say quarantine, the confusion with me stems from many different opinions that medical professionals make, the media isn’t helping either, like Dr.Drew , he calls BS on the over all the media etiology of the COVID, not that it isn’t a very serious virus, but how the virus has been yeasted up by the media

•••
I still feel in my gut that COVID-19 was made in a lab and is a bio attack, I doubt that will change unless it is proven not to be by a very good source.

Anythings possible I guess, but viruses are constantly evolving and changing. A virus is species specific but mutations occur all the time and occasionally the mutation can make it cross species. We don’t hear much about the mutations that don’t affect humans, whether they’re a mutation affecting the same species or another animal species because 1) most people don’t care and 2) they’re contained (slaughter the affected livestock.) But when it does cross to humans it’s devastating because it’s new - nobody has immunity and there are no preexisting vaccines.

•••
As enlytend said above, once the virus is gone everything will bounce back fast and hard.

The ONLY way to mitigate the sickness/death is a full quarantine (like in the movies). It would have happened already but assets and the 'system' could not have handled it. If the infection/death rate over the next 3-6 days continues on the upward trend, it will likely happen.

A vaccine and/or attempted cure is many months away...so, those in charge have to weigh the consequences either way. I think they (those that have a conscience) will opt for full quarantine. No one will go hungry, power wont fail, etc. as we've got an awesome military and civil servants that will help us...we, as citizens, have to act like we have some sense and be willing to help each other.

•••
Creators behind viral video of quarantined Italians share warning: ‘Learn from our mistakes and don’t underestimate this’
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cre...ians-share-coronavirus-warning-161158583.html

See, this what i am talking about as to being so confused, 1 minute i say lets burn through this and not around it, Lets not destroy the economy and have a 20% unemployment rate considering they say that 70% will contract the virus no matter, then i see an article like this and i am right back to Quarantine

•••

I read an article by a respectable publication like a week or two ago that said it was from a lab. Something about after the corona hit Wuhan, they pumped out a biosafety pamphlet at that wuhan lab...

...they also said SARS came from the wuhan lab...

I would be mad if China is behind all the nastiest new "strains" of viruses... and we're here thinking it was natural microevolution... but instead it was humans being humans... yet again.

•••
•••
As enlytend said above, once the virus is gone everything will bounce back fast and hard.

The ONLY way to mitigate the sickness/death is a full quarantine (like in the movies). It would have happened already but assets and the 'system' could not have handled it. If the infection/death rate over the next 3-6 days continues on the upward trend, it will likely happen.

A vaccine and/or attempted cure is many months away...so, those in charge have to weigh the consequences either way. I think they (those that have a conscience) will opt for full quarantine. No one will go hungry, power wont fail, etc. as we've got an awesome military and civil servants that will help us...we, as citizens, have to act like we have some sense and be willing to help each other.

I'm going to save this one and some others here because this is part of the problem. I'm going to bump this in the future to remind you. Some real irresponsible stuff being posted. It's really some La La land type stuff and being completely unaware of what's happening in America even before all of this.

Politicians are moved by the people, social media/media playing even a bigger part today. Just look what was trending this month, stuff like:

ShutItTheFuckDown
CancelEverything
ShelterIn
etc.

Somebody just posted an article about 20% Unemployment, that's if the Senate doesn't do anything. Any economic article I've read lately does not paint a rosy picture.

You just don't bounce back "fast and hard" from businesses being wiped out, job loss, losing your home etc. Maybe, you're in good shape, but when most Americans live paycheck to paycheck, see article posted earlier, not for them.

Ridiculous stuff like "No one will go hungry"

People already go hungry in this country. A basic search on kid hunger in America - https://www.google.com/search?clien...hUKEwjd4sTZ8KLoAhVqU98KHRuxA2AQ4dUDCAo&uact=5

"16 million American kids struggle with hunger each year. An estimated 48.8 million Americans , including 16.2 million children, live in households that lack the means to get enough nutritious food on a regular basis. As a result, about 1 in 5 children go hungry at some point during the year."

Last edited:
•••
I'm going to save this one and some others here because this is part of the problem. I'm going to bump this in the future to remind you. Some real irresponsible stuff being posted. It's really some La La land type stuff and being completely unaware of what's happening in America even before all of this.

Politicians are moved by the people, social media/media playing even a bigger part today. Just look what was trending this month, stuff like:

ShutItThef*ckDown
CancelEverything
ShelterIn
etc.

Somebody just posted an article about 20% Unemployment, that's if the Senate doesn't do anything. Any economic article I've read lately does not paint a rosy picture.

You just don't bounce back "fast and hard" from businesses being wiped out, job loss, losing your home etc. Maybe, you're in good shape, but when most Americans live paycheck to paycheck, see article posted earlier, not for them.

Ridiculous stuff like "No one will go hungry"

People already go hungry in this country. A basic search on kid hunger in America - https://www.google.com/search?clien...hUKEwjd4sTZ8KLoAhVqU98KHRuxA2AQ4dUDCAo&uact=5

"16 million American kids struggle with hunger each year. An estimated 48.8 million Americans , including 16.2 million children, live in households that lack the means to get enough nutritious food on a regular basis. As a result, about 1 in 5 children go hungry at some point during the year."
You keep trying to change the subject of this thread. You can make your political rants in the political thread, but try to keep this thread on topic.

•••
chinese-porcelain-bowl-21613943.jpg
I read an article by a respectable publication like a week or two ago that said it was from a lab. Something about after the corona hit Wuhan, they pumped out a biosafety pamphlet at that wuhan lab...

...they also said SARS came from the wuhan lab...

I would be mad if China is behind all the nastiest new "strains" of viruses... and we're here thinking it was natural microevolution... but instead it was humans being humans... yet again.

I am thinking what you wrote above is correct, I think it was originated in one or both of the Bio Warfare labs in Wuhan China, I think that the sharing of delivery is from North Korea "Our Christmas Present" That Jong Un promised us and made it very public.

I may only be 25% right in my gut feeling, Maybe only 10% or 5% , But one thing is a fact, That virus originated in China.

Look at China biggest interests, their allies, they have a spec of this virus, just a spec as opposed to the US, Canada , UK, Japan

I am pissed, The world is dying both physically and economically

Last edited:
•••
Amazon has temporarily suspended the shipment of all items from independent merchants to its warehouses that are not medical supplies or “high-demand” products.

This temporary suspension will go through 5 April as the e-commerce giant prioritises products relating to combating the growing coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-delivery-shipments-stock-price-a9406951.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/policy/technology/488037-amazon-suspending-shipments-of-non-essential-items-to-warehouses?amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...houses-amid-coronavirus-driven-shortages/amp/

Confirmed!

Last edited:
•••
You keep trying to change the subject of this thread. You can make your political rants in the political thread, but try to keep this thread on topic.

This is your typical troll post where you quote somebody, not actually addressing anything in the post. Go ahead and focus on something specific and address it, tackle the hunger issue in your next post. Or tackle social media influence today, Twitter alone that influence is 11x what it was last pandemic. You don't think that plays a part? Or go ahead and utilize that Ignore Feature.

Last edited:
•••
•••
. Go ahead and focus on something specific and address it, tackle the hunger issue in your next post
This thread is about covid19. You keep trying to change the narrative by bringing up issues that are political in nature and existed prior to covid19.....Stay on track here. Stay on subject. If you want to get off the subject, take it to the appropriate thread.

•••
This thread is about covid19. You keep trying to change the narrative by bringing up issues that are political in nature and existed prior to covid19.....Stay on track here. Stay on subject. If you want to get off the subject, take it to the appropriate thread.

Racking up the empty posts as usual. I literally quoted and responded to a post, it was on that, on topic. Your posts are not. You keep dodging it. You don't like it, hit that Ignore, join Funsky. This is where you go and make more empty posts, instead of quoting something specific and addressing it.

Like I said. It's good, less empty posts.
You know what, I think I will do just that. Thanks for the suggestion. Congrats on being my first and only 'ignore' person. Toodles!

Last edited:
•••
Racking up the empty posts as usual. I literally quoted and responded to a post, it was on that. You keep dodging it. You don't like it, hit that Ignore, join Funsky. This is where you go and make more empty posts, instead of quoting something specific and addressing it.
You know what, I think I will do just that. Thanks for the suggestion. Congrats on being my first and only 'ignore' person. Toodles!

•••
•••
ugh
Kansas school buildings ordered closed statewide for remainder of academic year

Kansas Governor Laura Kelly on Tuesday ordered all public and private schools from kindergarten through 12th grade closed to classroom instruction statewide for the remainder of the academic year due to the coronavirus threat.

However, a task force is due to present a "continuous learning" plan on Wednesday for providing instruction by other means, such as online or by small groups, through the duration of the year, a spokeswoman said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/k...inder-of-academic-year/ar-BB11kwGs?li=BBnbfcL

------------
Senate coronavirus vote delayed after Rand Paul pushes doomed amendment
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ushes-doomed-amendment/ar-BB11kHwa?li=BBnb7Kz

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back