IT.COM

discuss Current LLLL market Situation

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
We all have seen how the LLLL domains raised in last couple of months and at the moment we all are not sure that what's next going to happen to LLLL domain market.
We just saw it grow almost 4 times in reseller pricing and now i personally feel as the price hike has stopped and stabilizing at this point
I wanted to know your all opinion on uture of LLLL domain market as well as your comment on current market situation

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Linky to debate?

With all respect, I can understand if someone include letter K, because it's strong in Germany and Russia in particular, but U - is one of the worst letters, imho and very bad for China.I bet you that debate didn't include Chinese factor in.

•••
•••
Linky to debate?

With all respect, I can understand if someone include letter K, because it's strong in Germany and Russia in particular, but U - is one of the worst letters, imho and very bad for China.I bet you that debate didn't include Chinese factor in.

When did I say "in Mandarin" ?

•••
of course, so can we agree the USA are not a premium Country because their name starts with U?
Nope, very low quality, there are better places to live indeed.
Good ones start with S are: Sudan, Somalia and Syria, just recently :)

•••
of course, so can we agree the USA are not a premium Country because their name starts with U?

Why are you linking Premium Letter with Premium Country?

I'm sorry my country starts with S. But that doesn't means it's a more premium country than others.

Last edited:
•••
Frequency of letters in the English Language is different from the frequency of first letters of a word in the English language.

Relative frequencies of the first letters of a word in the English language

The first letter of an English word, from most to least common:

s a c m p r t b f g d l h i e n o w u v j k q y z x

also, "the first letter of an English word" stats do not consider that you are not selling dictionary words but often 4 letters which each stands for one word so we should gather data about how often the letters are used in 4L acronyms, like United Petroleom Texas Inc (name made up, not sure if it exists) or USPS.com

•••
Interesting debate for sure!!!

•••
Any chance, rates will fall down?

•••
•••
QUOTE: "Any chance, rates will fall down?"
I think he means LLLL.com prices.

Any chance? Certainly there is a chance prices could fall. Someone pointed out that we know very little about what is pushing this. My guess is that this rise has a way yet to go, but that's just a guess. It could fall then rise, rise then fall, anything.

The ideal would to be prepared for anything.

•••
have you seen any fall in 4N.com if yes then this category fall to if not then this category need time to reach where 4N.com are today and 4N will hit 3L.com and so and so..

•••
Referring to LLLLSales.com.

Not many 4L sold under $200 in the last few days.

Is it that there are less domains available or the floor price continued to slowly climb over $200 for any random 4L.

•••
Referring to LLLLSales.com.

Not many 4L sold under $200 in the last few days.

Is it that there are less domains available or the floor price continued to slowly climb over $200 for any random 4L.

plus due to the fact of LLLL.net being regged at a high pace (especially due to 2 days Godaddy promotion for unlimited .net registration at $0.99 per domain), it creates additional floor for LLLL.com prices, pushing it higher, as regfree alternative for nonpremium .com slowly falls away.

•••
QUOTE: "Any chance, rates will fall down?"
I think he means LLLL.com prices.

Any chance? Certainly there is a chance prices could fall. Someone pointed out that we know very little about what is pushing this. My guess is that this rise has a way yet to go, but that's just a guess. It could fall then rise, rise then fall, anything.

The ideal would to be prepared for anything.
If prices fall, it should be temporary IMHO but prices will keep increasing for sure.

•••
•••
Nothing is "for sure".
But in this case i can say it ;) you just saw how 4ls prices went up from 70 to around 200 in just :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back