Domain Empire

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dan.com aka Goddady increasing commissions by 67% while telling me that is a "beneficiary measure" for me, the seller.

Me - "Hi ChatGPT, could help me set up fast a landing page with escrow.com API integration?"

ChatGPT - "Hello! I'm Assistant, not ChatGPT, but I can certainly try to help you set up a landing page with escrow.com API integration.
To get started, you'll need to sign up for an Escrow.com account and obtain an API key. You can find more information about how to do this in the Escrow.com API documentation.
Once you have your API key, you'll need to choose a platform or tool for building your landing page. There are many options available, including website builders like Wix or WordPress, or you can build a custom landing page using a tool like HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.
Once you have chosen a platform or tool, you can use the Escrow.com API to integrate escrow functionality into your landing page. This might involve adding forms for collecting information from users, or displaying information about escrow transactions on your page.
If you have any specific questions about how to implement the Escrow.com API on your landing page, feel free to ask!"

Yap, Goddady was right, with patience, finally, this could be a beneficiary measure for me, who thought?

Think I’ll be going back to ALL EFTY landers and my own Landers…..F this..bs

Also Efty has smart landers coming that actually give you CONTACT seller Options which had only been asked for at Dan FOREVER!

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
Hi Jb,

If you are experiencing issues, please make sure to contact our support so that we can either identify the current status or resolve any problems, if any.

Have a nice day ahead.
Alright, was talking thru chat. I think I figured it out, just added the 3rd nameserver to all my domains (unique verification nameserver)

•••
So Godaddy bought a great deal of their competitors and is now hapely increasing the Sales Fees.

What are you guys doing? Just swallow it?
I have an Efty account, they are increasing their monthly subscription fees as well. It's quite a heavy monthly fee now compared to when I started with them and I was thinking of not renewing it. Now after the increase of Afternic and Friends I might think over again.

Any good alternatives?

•••
@LaszloSchenk

I have a question.

I am using for my domainnames landing page and nameservers from Dan.com. I also have my names for sale on Afternic. But at Dan.com I have Afternic's Distribution Network turned off because it is easier for me to manage the domain names separately at Afternic. Suppose in this situation for I sell a domain name at Afternic is it then 15% commission applied? Thanks for your time.
Good morning @td11,

Thank you for raising this question.

Absolutely, as long as the name is parked through one of the mentioned nameservers, the commission will remain 15% regardless of whether you opt-in to the Afternic Distribution through Dan or not.

All the best,

•••
Hi Jb,

If you are experiencing issues, please make sure to contact our support so that we can either identify the current status or resolve any problems, if any.

Have a nice day ahead.
Here is the problem.

I have all my domains listed at Afternic, about 5% with Buy Now Prices, the rest with no prices.

At Dan I have all my domains listed, all with Buy Now Prices.

I figured when I clicked enable it would override, be the default.

Now when I checked, there were a few names that didn't get listed at Afternic but were listed at Dan with Buy Now prices, I see those in the distribution network.

There rest have Already Listed (listing failure) under the Status at Dan - so it doesn't look like it overrides the Afternic listings.

So what do I do from here? Just delete all the names at Afternic? And then let the listings at Dan be the default?

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Here is the problem.

I have all my domains listed at Afternic, about 5% with Buy Now Prices, the rest with no prices.

Now when I checked, there were a few names that didn't get listed at Afternic but were listed at Dan with Buy Now prices, I see those in the distribution network.

There rest have Already Listed (listing failure) under the Status at Dan - so it doesn't look like it overrides the Afternic listings.

So what do I do from here? Just delete all the names at Afternic? And then let the listings at Dan be the default?

Thanks.
that's what i did. it was the easiest way.

•••
if a name is listed only at afternic, uni or godaddy will it show at dan?

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, that's what it looks like I have to do. I'm in chat with them. They said disable it at Dan since I already have integration at Afternic. Problem is they're not priced at Afternic, they're priced at Dan. I thought if I enabled it at Dan, it would override whatever is going on at Afternic. That does not seem to be the case.

I guess if you have your domains at Dan, no reason to have them at Afternic. It's dealing with your names at 1 place vs. 2 places.

Last edited:
•••
I was just told that's not the way to do it.

"For domainers who already have an Afternic account, we do not recommend enabling the Dan+Afternic integration. The reason is the Dan version will not include key features like Fast Transfer and Make Offer options. You will also avoid the hassle of dealing with troubleshooting the Failed Listings you encounter here.

In addition, you would still need to set the Afternic pricing via your Dan portfolio.

This integration is really only to get non-Afternic users exposure to their DLS network on a minimal basis."

So I guess I'll just keep Afternic and price them there. Will just copy and paste the prices I have at Dan over to Afternic.

-----------
Done with the chats.

So basically:
If you already have an Afternic account, use that, it has features Dan doesn't have.

If you're not with Afternic and have a Dan account and want exposure on the network, enable it at Dan.

Last edited:
•••
I was just told that's not the way to do it.

"For domainers who already have an Afternic account, we do not recommend enabling the Dan+Afternic integration. The reason is the Dan version will not include key features like Fast Transfer and Make Offer options. You will also avoid the hassle of dealing with troubleshooting the Failed Listings you encounter here.

In addition, you would still need to set the Afternic pricing via your Dan portfolio.

This integration is really only to get non-Afternic users exposure to their DLS network on a minimal basis."

So I guess I'll just keep Afternic and price them there. Will just copy and paste the prices I have at Dan over to Afternic.

-----------
Done with the chats.

So basically:
If you already have an Afternic account, use that, it has features Dan doesn't have.

If you're not with Afternic and have a Dan account and want exposure on the network, enable it at Dan.
I agree

At least for now I've decided to deactivate the Dan's distribution network

Now a great improvement would be that Afternic implements a third pesonal name server verification system

•••
The moment we have not been waiting for, a commission increase has arrived.

•••
Here is the problem.

Thanks.
Good morning @JB Lions,

That is correct. Any domain name listed with Afternic already would always take precedence over names integrated through our platform. If you already use Afternic, I strongly recommend leaving the names unchanged and keeping them listed through Afternic directly. It will ensure no down time and that you can incorporate more extensions as opposed to our integration.

Do let me know in case there is anything else that I can do for you.

•••
If I list my domains with Dan will the premium prices show when people search my domain at GoDaddy, Namecheap, etc as is the case with Afternic?

Good morning,

When you import a lead your commission remains 5%. If a buyer wants to use a creditcard they pay a 2% processing fee on top of the price indeed but enjoy a discount when performing a wire transfer. None of the payment methods will be of influence on your commission paid.

Best regards,

Is this still the case? If so, do you expect that to change in the near future? Where can I learn more about this and importing leads at Dan?

•••
  • 15% commission for domains sold that are pointed to nameservers at Dan, Afternic, or Uniregistry; regardless of where it sells on the network or through the landers directly.
  • 25% commission for domains sold that are not pointed to nameservers at Dan, Afternic, or Uniregistry.

Not understand this new commision.

In my case I work 99% with my own landings page and my own DNS but... in the landig itself I have a button with link to buy now the domain directly in DAN.

Besides that all domains are listed in Dan, Afternic and Godaddy verified with TXT dns record.
If someone buys a domain within the network of these companies, how much will they discount me 25 or 15%?

Last edited:
•••
Not understand this new commision.

In my case I work 99% with my own landings page and my own DNS but... in the landig itself I have a button with link to buy now the domain directly in DAN.

Besides that all domains are listed in Dan, Afternic and Godaddy verified with TXT dns record.
If someone buys a domain within the network of these companies, how much will they discount me 25 or 15%?
Using your own DNS, that would be a 25% fee, since you're not using any of GoDaddy's nameservers like *.afternic.com, *.dan.com, etc.

Last edited:
•••
Using your own DNS, that would be a 25% fee, since you're not using any of GoDaddy's nameservers like *.afternic.com, *.dan.com, etc.
Thanks!

But Fuck notice!! Very Bad
It seems to me too much to put 25% for a sale that is found and managed directly from their platform even if the landing points to other DNS.

•••
Dear Dan:

In the midst of sorting out all the confusion about the recent changes, would you kindly stop having sellers again trying to sell names that don't belong to them?

Today, I found a seller listing one of my domains. All of my domains are listed elsewhere, so it's all the more disappointing. This problem with fake sellers on DAN has been raised multiple times in the past with Customer service. The problem for me appeared to be associated with names that had been on Fast Transfer. In fact, this particular domain now shows up as Fast Transfer in my registrar, despite the fact that there was no BIN price at Afternic. It was NOT Fast-Transfer eligible at Afternic.

What is going on? When are you going to address this problem seriously and fix it permanently? Please note, that I am not the only person who found this problem today. So it is affecting others, and needs to stop.

If you are raising your commissions, please also consider raising your standards.

Sincerely,

A Former Customer

P.S. Note that the FT issue has been resolved, as I removed most of my domains from Afternic as a result of concerns of this ongoing problem in your GD networks.

Last edited:
•••
When are you going to address this problem seriously and fix it permanently?
DAN can fix the problem in 5 minutes (small code change) by starting for dns/txt verification of all added domains. It won't. Why? We do not know.

A Former Customer
Imo you may reopen your DAN account, add all domains with a cosmic min. offer (no BINs) and forget about it. Since you are not sending traffic to DAN, (almost) nobody will see these listings (which is what you want) but the fraudsters would be unable to add your domains as theirs.

I am unsure as to side effects of this scheme. It is not impossible for search engines to find your dan listings and index them for example. But this probability is not too high...

DAN should add an opportinity to mark the domain as NOT FOR SALE or HIDDEN. Even Afternic has such a functionality, as it, indeed, useful sometimes.

•••
DAN can fix the problem in 5 minutes (small code change) by starting for dns/txt verification of all added domains. It won't. Why? We do not know.
And, now that some folks may be leaving Dan, it may be an even more of a problem. I respect, incidentally, that this thread is on Dan's Official Marketplace listing. So I will let them comment, if they wish, on how they are implementing a permanent correction.

And , thank you so much for the creative suggestion, but,for now, I'll pass on doing listings there.

Please know that I still believe that Dan is an excellent marketplace for some sellers. This recurrent problem, though, needs definitive action.

Last edited:
•••
now that quite a few folks are leaving Dan
How did you measure this? The number of delegations to ns1.dan.com and ns2.dan.com has actually increased since the announcement.

•••
How did you measure this? The number of delegations to ns1.dan.com and ns2.dan.com has actually increased since the announcement.
Thanks for pointing that out. Some individuals on the forum mentioned it, but it's important that that not be extrapolated. Good for them if their numbers are going up rather than down--hopefully with legit domain sellers.

Where did you hear that?

•••

域名卖家​

Your chinese client has my name TheBluevirus.com listed again. Its in redemption and i have no intention of renewing it, however whats the deal, this is like 3rd time someone has added it.

Their getting smart using the lander that doesnt show your stage name, but they havent unlinked show your profile so i thought i would do a check on a few names, and voila 25% chance I figured
https://dan.com/domain-seller/7e5513e4-e2a4-4ef2-90e2-034a6849c160?&results=50&order_by=relevance
https://dan.com/buy-domain/thebluevirus.com

Another client of yours with unregistered names
https://dan.com/domain-seller/domai...c?&results=50&order_by=relevance&offset=56200
selling stuff like this
https://dan.com/buy-domain/michiganstateuniversitycreditunion.xxx
https://dan.com/buy-domain/donatecartocharitycaliforniadonatecar.club

@James Iles maybe you can have someone at team daddy look into the massive number of fradulently listed/unregistered names at Dan, and add a disclaimer when adding names that you have authority to do so

•••
Has there been any mention of payout time scale changing ? Dan normally payout within 1 or 2 working days, my understanding of Afternic (never sold a single domain through them) is that it can take 10+ days ?

•••
I see @LoveCatchyDomains has had someone add one of their names that was removed. I had no idea.

See boys and girls, removing your names from Dan will just allow someone else to list it.
Really wish you would take this seriously Dan. I do my part keeping your marketplace clean, why cant you?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back