NameSilo

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What will it take for dan to...
contact
域名卖家 and let them know what they are doing
close
域名卖家's account,
flag
域名卖家's IP address so they cannot open another account under a different name

•••
As Rich would say, CLEARLY you have more issues than 25% thing

域名

域名卖家 this acct has another members name listed fraudulently​

域名

域名卖家 this thebluevirus​

Two seperate accts 10,646 names listed and 5,785 names listed, respectively so none added since bedtime
Their quite the characters arent they?
Very similar, maybe Siamese twins?
Some say lets reminisce and remember the good days 🥰
You know what I would say to that

Go ahead folks, bulk add your names to Dan and see how many fail because their already listed
TheBlueVirus has been listed 3 times by others since i deliberately deleted all my names in May 2022 from Dan just to see if someone else would actually add them.
Your CLEARLY to nice, Daddy should take your Hush Puppies away and get you some Dayton steel toed work boots https://www.daytonboots.com/

•••
So what do I do from here? Just delete all the names at Afternic? And then let the listings at Dan be the default?
This is what I did. I deleted every name at Afternic. At some point I'll "flip the switch" at Dan to turn on the Distribution Network. My only question is, can I turn on the Network in my Dan account without having every name turned on? Is there a way to turn on the Network and have every name UNselected to start with? I'd like to manually turn on particular names and check pricing, etc, before it goes "live" on the Distribution Network.
Can this be done? @LaszloSchenk or @James Iles do you guys know?

•••
Two seperate accts 10,646 names listed and 5,785 names listed, respectively so none added since bedtime
Their quite the characters arent they?
One thing to their credit. Between TheBlueVirus.com and my domain they "adopted," DandelionDreams.com, they appear to have some excellent taste in choosing domain names. Right, my buddy?!

Last edited:
•••
This is what I did. I deleted every name at Afternic. At some point I'll "flip the switch" at Dan to turn on the Distribution Network. My only question is, can I turn on the Network in my Dan account without having every name turned on? Is there a way to turn on the Network and have every name UNselected to start with? I'd like to manually turn on particular names and check pricing, etc, before it goes "live" on the Distribution Network.
Can this be done? @LaszloSchenk or @James Iles do you guys know?
I almost did that but if you already have an Afternic account you should keep it, more functionality. The quote in this post is from my chat session with a Dan rep https://www.namepros.com/threads/da...official-thread.1148567/page-216#post-8805088

———-
And yes you turn off specific names manually, little button you can click

•••
massive number of fradulently listed/unregistered names at Dan
As a side effect, didn't GoDaddy overpay for DAN? Purchase price should have been based on a number of domains "served", among other things. While I do not beleive that DAN allow(ed) fake listings for the purpose of receiving more $$$ in case of potential sale, the facts are facts...

Last edited:
•••
I almost did that but if you already have an Afternic account you should keep it, more functionality. The quote in this post is from my chat session with a Dan rep https://www.namepros.com/threads/da...official-thread.1148567/page-216#post-8805088

———-
And yes you turn off specific names manually, little button you can click
Oh wow. I didn't realize Fast Transfer and Make Offer are not available from within the Dan platform's Distribution Network. That's kind of a big deal. Thanks for letting me know. I wonder if that's mentioned anywhere on Dan, I hadn't seen it myself.

Last edited:
•••
Oh wow. I didn't realize Fast Transfer and Make Offer are not available from within the Dan platform's Distribution Network. That's kind of a big deal. Thanks for letting me know. I wonder if that's mentioned anywhere on Dan, I hadn't seen it myself.
I wish they would have posted that info in the thread, would have saved me some time. I was close to deleting my Afternic listings but now I'm working on pricing all my domains over there and getting them active on the distribution network. Already all priced on Dan, just moving the prices and then having to deal with the Afternic issues of not all of them going thru and playing email tag.
-----------
In Dan, under My Domains, to the right under Afternic Listing is where you can turn each domain on/off for those using Dan to get Afternic coverage.

•••
I wish they would have posted that info in the thread, would have saved me some time. I was close to deleting my Afternic listings but now I'm working on pricing all my domains over there and getting them active on the distribution network. Already all priced on Dan, just moving the prices and then having to deal with the Afternic issues of not all of them going thru and playing email tag.
-----------
In Dan, under My Domains, to the right under Afternic Listing is where you can turn each domain on/off for those using Dan to get Afternic coverage.
Thanks. Although now I'm not sure I wanna do it if it's not eligible for Fast Transfer and Make Offer. And I already deleted all names from Afternic. Ugh.

•••

域名卖家​

Your chinese client has my name TheBluevirus.com listed again. Its in redemption and i have no intention of renewing it, however whats the deal, this is like 3rd time someone has added it.

Their getting smart using the lander that doesnt show your stage name, but they havent unlinked show your profile so i thought i would do a check on a few names, and voila 25% chance I figured
https://dan.com/domain-seller/7e5513e4-e2a4-4ef2-90e2-034a6849c160?&results=50&order_by=relevance
https://dan.com/buy-domain/thebluevirus.com

Another client of yours with unregistered names
https://dan.com/domain-seller/domai...c?&results=50&order_by=relevance&offset=56200
selling stuff like this
https://dan.com/buy-domain/michiganstateuniversitycreditunion.xxx
https://dan.com/buy-domain/donatecartocharitycaliforniadonatecar.club

@James Iles maybe you can have someone at team daddy look into the massive number of fradulently listed/unregistered names at Dan, and add a disclaimer when adding names that you have authority to do so
Good morning,

We are already investigating this seller and will have him permanently removed in case fraud is determined within 48 hours. We understand the frustration that comes with this and currently have a fixed process to ensure that these listers get removed permanently after our investigations conclude.

Enjoy the week ahead.

•••
Has there been any mention of payout time scale changing ? Dan normally payout within 1 or 2 working days, my understanding of Afternic (never sold a single domain through them) is that it can take 10+ days ?
Good morning,

Nothing will change with regard to our response time or payout/transfer processing time!

All the best,

•••
Good morning,

Nothing will change with regard to our response time or payout/transfer processing time!

All the best,

Can you please answer my questions on the previous page?

•••
Can you please answer my questions on the previous page?
Good morning,

The prices you maintain at Dan while opting in through Dan for the Afternic Distribution will be shown through the entire network. In addition, the option to import transactions at 5% remains unchanged!

Have a great day.

•••
Good morning,

The prices you maintain at Dan while opting in through Dan for the Afternic Distribution will be shown through the entire network. In addition, the option to import transactions at 5% remains unchanged!

Have a great day.
after february 1st if i have a name only at afternic or godaddy will it show up during a search at dan?

•••
Good morning,

We are already investigating this seller and will have him permanently removed in case fraud is determined within 48 hours. We understand the frustration that comes with this and currently have a fixed process to ensure that these listers get removed permanently after our investigations conclude.

Enjoy the week ahead.
Thank you for dealing with this fraudulent listing. I see that the listing was finally removed and the seller banned.
Will you be implementing domain ownership verification any time soon? We both know that that is the only way ultimately to stop the fraudulent listings from happening repeatedly.

•••
Question about the Dan Distribution Network:

Let's say we have a name in our Dan account without a price, like a Make Offer only name. Will it be added to the Dan Distribution Network? And if so, what price will be displayed for this name on the network? (or do names HAVE TO have a price to be part of the network?)

•••
@LaszloSchenk - It would be great to have every domains DNS and expiration date show up in the “my domains” list. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

•••
Thank you for dealing with this fraudulent listing. I see that the listing was finally removed and the seller banned.
Will you be implementing domain ownership verification any time soon? We both know that that is the only way ultimately to stop the fraudulent listings from happening repeatedly.
Good morning @LoveCatchyDomains,

It is our pleasure. We have nothing in production yet but I will let everyone know once this changes!

•••
Good morning @LoveCatchyDomains,

It is our pleasure. We have nothing in production yet but I will let everyone know once this changes!
What will you do in the interim to try to stop sellers from posting listings they do not own?
And has Dan created a policy upfront, so any misguided customers know in advance about the likely consequences of their missteps?

Last edited:
•••
What will you do in the interim to try to stop sellers from posting listings they do not own?
And has Dan created a policy upfront, so any misguided customers know in advance about the likely consequences of their missteps?
Good morning,

We maintain the same principle and mechanisms that we have always used as well as introduced in the last quarter of 2022. To help bypass invalid listings, sellers can add their ownership verification record prior to performing a bulk import. In addition, when listed, we perform our internal verifications and revoke access to those purposely listing domains that do not belong to them.

Best regards,

•••
How long does it take for Dan names to show up on AN & GD? It's been 48 hrs for some names & they're still there..

Last edited:
•••
How long does it take for Dan names to show up on AN & GD? It's been 48 hrs for some names & they're still there..
The Afternic integration isn't working for me, my names can't be found on afternic or godaddy.

•••
The Afternic integration isn't working for me, my names can't be found on afternic or godaddy.
@BRANDERX Yikes... I had removed my names from Afternic and then turned on the Distribution Network from within my Dan account. Thanks to your post, I just discovered that many of my names within Dan with an Afternic status of "Active listing" are actually NOT listed on Afternic (or on GoDaddy). That's not good.

@LaszloSchenk or @James Iles - What's up with that? And how can it be corrected?

•••
@BRANDERX Yikes... I had removed my names from Afternic and then turned on the Distribution Network from within my Dan account. Thanks to your post, I just discovered that many of my names within Dan with an Afternic status of "Active listing" are actually NOT listed on Afternic (or on GoDaddy). That's not good.

@LaszloSchenk or @James Iles - What's up with that? And how can it be corrected?
distribution network is working fine for me

•••
distribution network is working fine for me
I thought so too until I went to Afternic and GoDaddy and searched for a bunch of my names.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back