Dynadot

news Dan.com reviewer: “This must be illegal!”

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
The statement is rather ludicrous in its claims and we decided to investigate things a bit further. Marcos Vega in Argentina appears to be CEO at MVConsulting S.A. according to his Instagram profile, that uses the same photo in the review of Dan.com.
Read More.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SUCH NEWS, VERY INFO.. WOW!

•••
i wasted my time... next post...

•••
MvConsulting.com sounds like a TM issue tbh.

Perhaps the ceo should try the udrp route

•••
MvConsulting.com sounds like a TM issue tbh.

MV can be an abbreviation for anything. For example, the first thing that came to my mind was MetaVerse.

Additionally, according to WIPO, there is no "Mv Consulting" trademark registered in Argentina.

So, in what respects will a UDRP application be made?

•••
MV can be an abbreviation for anything. For example, the first thing that came to my mind was MetaVerse.

Additionally, according to WIPO, there is no "Mv Consulting" trademark registered in Argentina.

So, in what respects will a UDRP application be made?
Yeah.

If you go to OpenCorporates.com there are dozens of companies using "MV Consulting", or some variation of it, all over the world.

https://opencorporates.com/companies?utf8=✓&q=mv+consulting&commit=Go&jurisdiction_code=&utf8=✓&type=companies&controller=searches&action=search_companies&inactive=false&order=

It's a LL+Consulting. There are only (676) total in that format.

I doubt someone registered this domain to target some random party in Argentina.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Yeah.

If you go to OpenCorporates.com there are dozens of companies using "MV Consulting", or some variation of it, all over the world.

https://opencorporates.com/companies?utf8=✓&q=mv+consulting&commit=Go&jurisdiction_code=&utf8=✓&type=companies&controller=searches&action=search_companies&inactive=false&order=

It's a LL+Consulting. There are only (676) total in that format.

I doubt someone registered this domain to target some random party in Argentina.

Brad
There were dozens of Lambo companies too. Lambo still lost af

•••
There were dozens of Lambo companies too. Lambo still lost af

Sure, but does Mr Argentina have the brand notoriety and (*ahem*) deep pockets necessary to achieve such a decision?

•••
This is the reaction of those uneducated into Domaining, we should feel sorry for them.

•••
This is the reaction of those uneducated into Domaining, we should feel sorry for them.
He has a point tho

It's exactly his company's name.

And it's not a generic dictionary word...

•••
He has a point tho

Not really, as that is only 1 of 3 aspects he needs to prove, and it's usually a slam dunk. Even here it's not, as he doesn't have a TM and would have to cross his fingers and rely on "in use in commerce".

Far more difficult would be convincing IPO panelists that his tiny Argentinian consulting firm has such international notoriety as a brand that a US entity would register the domain expressly to sell to them.

Good luck with that.

•••
Not really, as that is only 1 of 3 aspects he needs to prove, and it's usually a slam dunk. Even here it's not, as he doesn't have a TM and would have to cross his fingers and rely on "in use in commerce".

Far more difficult would be convincing IPO panelists that his tiny Argentinian consulting firm has such international notoriety as a brand that a US entity would register the domain expressly to sell to them.

Good luck with that.
I don't think you realize you don't need to apply and register a TM to have a TM...

The official registration is meaningless, tbh

•••
This guy is a loser; lifetime: 1 review; 1 star.
And has no comprehension of the industry.

IMG_6893.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
He has a point tho

It's exactly his company's name.

And it's not a generic dictionary word...
He has no point; and no vision, since didnt acquire .com

He just has entitlement.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think you realize you don't need to apply and register a TM to have a TM...

The official registration is meaningless, tbh

No, it does matter and many UDRPs have been dead in the water without a TM. I think you really should do some serious UDRP research before spouting off that "operating a tiny company without a TM" somehow guarantees 100% that every single IPO panelist will recognize it as such.

The only 100% ironclad guarantee is if you have a 100% verified and up-to-date TM.

And I did CLEARLY STATE they'd have rely on the old "in use in commerce" fallback, but that is in no way an ironclad guarantee of being accepted by every single IPO panelist who ever lived.

Last edited:
•••
I’m laughing if anyone uses this guy for “consulting”!!

•••
I’m laughing if anyone uses this guy for “consulting”!!

I'm laughing that NP members are supporting this nitwit and his bizarre statements.

I'm done with this thread, as it just gets dumber and dumber.

Last edited:
•••
He has no point; and no vision, since didnt acquire .com

He just has entitlement.
Not really.

MvConsulting isn't generic. It's a specific brand.

It's not descriptive like "Good Consulting" or whatever

In other words, if someone asked the registrant "hey why did you register MVconsulting?" His response would most likely be "because other companies seem to be using it a lot."

So that means he got it specifically because it's someone else's brand.

•••
•••
MVConsulting is indeed generic , cause it can be related to different meanings.

That guy is just frustrated, that’s all.
Cause he’s not the first to come with the idea of MVconsulting.

•••
Marcos Vega Consulting, the only usage for his consulting skills is to go grow potatoes. :D

•••
Tbh this is an even worse review

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231009-145345_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231009-145345_Chrome.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 94
•••
Last edited:
•••
$17,000 is a fair price for this domain.

What's stopping him from making an offer? It's called business!

•••
SUCH NEWS, VERY INFO.. WOW!
You know what domain name it will appear on when you see complete rubbish in the headline...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back