Domain Empire

Dedicated .tel sub-forum?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The .tel threads grow so quickly that it's stiffing to insightful discussion - too many drive-by comments, not enough scope for thought and analysis, trolls being able to hijack discussion for days on end, etc.

Not to mention the fact that .tel is a very unconventional TLD in itself, it seems only appropriate that consideration be given to a dedicated sub-forum.

Is this a possibility, NP gods? :tu:

- Andy.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
plaggypig said:
The .tel threads grow so quickly that it's stiffing to insightful discussion - too many drive-by comments, not enough scope for thought and analysis, trolls being able to hijack discussion for days on end, etc.

Not to mention the fact that .tel is a very unconventional TLD in itself, it seems only appropriate that consideration be given to a dedicated sub-forum.

- Andy.

I'll pass the message along, Andy!

-Galel

•••
:hi:

With history as our guide, it won't be long before both the #1 Appraisals Forum™ and the various Namepros Marketplace Forums™ become somewhat overwhelmed with such requests / threads / posts of the .TEL's, IMHO ... in this vein, it would be advised that the .TEL have its own sub-forum for efficiency purposes and consolidation, IMHO. :gl:
My humble vote would be "yes".

Best regards,
-Jeff B-)

•••
I vote for a 3-month watch period to see if the fad persists :hehe:

•••
sdsinc said:

A "watch period" is a good suggestion ... at the risk of possible inefficiencies and inundation in the aforementioned Forums™, IMHO.
Perhaps 2 - 4 weeks "period"? :blink:

I'm sure all input is appreciated.
-Jeff B-)

•••
If people still aren't convinced that interest will be lasting then a wait-and-see period is perfectly acceptable.

There's a big NP relaunch coming in April isn't there? :)

•••
plaggypig said:
There's a big NP relaunch coming in April isn't there? :)
:bingo: That is the plan!!! YAY!!!! I agree that waiting to see how things play out for the next few weeks is probably a good idea.

•••
sdsinc said:

1 thing I have suggested is that any new extension gets its own subforum. Once the extensions losses appeal then these can be disbanded and the threads moved into the general areas.

It is being considered.

•••
Peter said:
1 thing I have suggested is that any new extension gets its own subforum. Once the extensions losses appeal then these can be disbanded and the threads moved into the general areas.

It is being considered.

Good idea, how would you define "lose appeal" though - by some measurement, i.e. x number of posts /week? y number of distinct posters? Some combination of both?

The other sub-forums looks pretty quiet from what I've seen - discussion on those TLDs might benefit from being merged with the main forums. Would be interested to hear from people who spend more time in them though to see what they think.

•••
yeah number of posts a week would probably be the best idea.

Regarding the sections that are thin at the moment, I fully expect some of these will be looked at when the forum upgrade is taking place.

•••
•••
plaggypig said:

- Andy.

I strongly agree to have a sub forum for .tel

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back