Domain Empire

Delete your Credit Card info from GoDaddy? "Impossible"?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandChimp

Life is short. Get up and make yours better. ChimpTop Member
Impact
Hello all!

I was trying to delete my CC info from Godaddy because I have been using too many different CC over the time and I just want to use one card from now on.

Interestingly, I have come across this forum post and it this is scary for those who would like to protect their CC info..

https://ca.godaddy.com/Account-Management/Removing-a-payment-method/td-p/31267

It seems that there is no way to fully delete your CC info unless you close your account!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have my domains at 12 different registars atm and I have 1 rule - never pay via your credit card. Different registrars have different interfaces, different rules of auto - renewals, etc. Impossible to manage particularly when you have more domain names.

So what to do: always pay via paypal :) It is much easier to manage everything in paypal interface.

•••
Hello all!

I was trying to delete my CC info from Godaddy because I have been using too many different CC over the time and I just want to use one card from now on.

Interestingly, I have come across this forum post and it this is scary for those who would like to protect their CC info..

https://ca.godaddy.com/Account-Management/Removing-a-payment-method/td-p/31267

It seems that there is no way to fully delete your CC info unless you close your account!

I think I had a post about it on namepros somewhere.

Add your paypal account as your default method of payment on godaddy, then remove your credit card from godaddy and set your paypal as the main method of payment.

Then go into paypal and deauthorize godaddy and they can no longer charge you

•••
Forgot to say....

That works.... I verified it myself (y)

•••
... or contact your bank and ask them to send you a new card? That voids the previous one.

•••
Yes, playing with PayPal - the only one way here.

•••
Yes, playing with PayPal - the only one way here.
Or as already stated, contact bank or credit card issuer. They will be able to void your card and send you another one.

•••
... or contact your bank and ask them to send you a new card? That voids the previous one.

Why would you do that when I just gave you the answer?

Canceling a card is a lot of bother and then reapplying or explaining why.
Other thing that might work is get a pre paid card, register it with godaddy and then spend the balance.

Have not tested this

•••
I don't see any reasons to use GoDaddy at all.

•••
•••
Why would you do that when I just gave you the answer?

Canceling a card is a lot of bother and then reapplying or explaining why.
Other thing that might work is get a pre paid card, register it with godaddy and then spend the balance.

Have not tested this
Thanks. I stand corrected, I see that his comment was eluding to your previous post about PayPal. It's still worth bearing in mind though because some countries don't have access to PayPal...

•••
Call your CC and say the card is lost, get a new one issued (previous one cannot be charged anymore.) No need to reapply because you are only getting a new card not a new account.

Solved in case you don't use or like PayPal.

•••
Call your CC and say the card is lost, get a new one issued (previous one cannot be charged anymore.) No need to reapply because you are only getting a new card not a new account.

Solved in case you don't use or like PayPal.

Still not that easy if the card is used for numerous repeating payments. I put almost 60k on my card per month, cancelling and getting a new number would cost me a ton of work.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back