Dynadot

Dilemma .com vs .app especially

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
when an "app" is being used to run your business. Seems to me to be a tossup, but what do i know:xf.confused:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Easy.

.Com, when available.

How many .app domains have you ever visited? For me, the answer is zero.

Brad

•••
.app is a good shortcut domain to detect your phone's OS and redirect you to Google's or Apple's app store (or display both links / qr codes if you're connecting from the desktop). I would never used it as a main site, but for example when advertising an app. "Running a business" on .app is akin to running an office in your car. You can try, but to what end?

•••
Easy.

.Com, when available.

How many .app domains have you ever visited? For me, the answer is zero.

Brad
You mean you don't have any Apps on your phone? As you've read here I happen to be developing an app for the the delivery of fresh seafood similar to DoorDash and because the criminals at domain marketplace are asking $194,888 for SeafoodExpress.com I guess you know the .app that I own:xf.cool:.....you might say I'm one Savvy Jew:xf.wink:

•••
Came here for perspective like this thread. I'm extremely surprised to the see the prices on .app domains, but I never notice them in the wild if they're used. Have add a few to the portfolio. Seems like everyone did a land grab in 2018 when the .app TLD was released, but is there market proof of the high "valuations"?

•••
Cash App is using cash.app for their website.

•••
•••
The other one I can think of is Shopify's shop.app and the developer tool linear.app

•••
.APP is not so popular right now - my humble opinion. .COM is much more popular and brandable.

•••
I think .app is popular for developers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back