IT.COM

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good point. From this point of view, I understand that it could be feasible.
Currently domaining is your main job?
No, domaining is a side business for me.

I have a couple other things, completely different and much older.

•••
@twiki thanks for your honesty contribution to the community. Your comment on sale thread is truly amazing and motivating 👍

•••
@twiki, do you have any sales statistics in terms of how the buyer found and bought your name? By typing the name on GoDaddy, though the Afternic premium network or by typing the name on the browser (NS5/NS6?) Thanks

•••
@twiki thanks for your honesty contribution to the community. Your comment on sale thread is truly amazing and motivating 👍
Thanks, glad to be of help.

But it's not that much, so your words might be too big for what I'm doing. I just got a lot from NP, I own a growing business that I learned here. It's just logical to give something in return.

•••
@twiki, do you have any sales statistics in terms of how the buyer found and bought your name? By typing the name on GoDaddy, though the Afternic premium network or by typing the name on the browser (NS5/NS6?) Thanks
Hi, I don't worry about any of that. Most sales will however go through the Afternic network, and the ones I sell via the lander are a minority.

Overall I just saw that using NS5/NS6 works best for me. It's just simple as I use only one platform so I have to update only once. Fire and forget.

I focus on the buy (edit: even if it's a drop, focus on getting the good ones), and domain pricing. That's where you'll make your money in domains.

Last edited:
•••
Hi, I don't worry about any of that. Most sales will however go through the Afternic network, and the ones I sell via the lander are a minority.

Overall I just saw that using NS5/NS6 works best for me. It's just simple as I use only one platform so I have to update only once. Fire and forget.

I focus on the buy (edit: even if it's a drop, focus on getting the good ones), and domain pricing. That's where you'll make your money in domains.
Awesome info Twiki!
What do you think about Fast Transfer system in Afternic Network at exposure level? Do you think it attracts more sales than the normal option or is it only good for instantaneous transfer?
If you can say so. What would be the percentage that you sell through F.T. at Afternic?

•••
Awesome info Twiki!
What do you think about Fast Transfer system in Afternic Network at exposure level? Do you think it attracts more sales than the normal option or is it only good for instantaneous transfer?
If you can say so. What would be the percentage that you sell through F.T. at Afternic?
I guess 3 out of 4 names go via Fast Transfer.

I don't know about exposure level but some other domainers have valued the effect at 1% or so. It does increase your sales but not much. It's good for convenience though.

The downside effect is, makes takeover of names easier should something go south. I would not enroll into it something worth 5-fig or more.

•••
Sold:

A c t a b l e (.) x y z

Venue: Alter
Price: 299$
Hold time: 6 months

I was selling it for 15$ in the bargain BIN section here on NP. Luckily no one bought it :)
@sellian - You might have kept this and sold for more. But of course there was a chance of unsold.

It's not that bad of a name. Worth 4-fig if you ask me. Good ROI though.

Note: Bargain bin is not really the best place to sell names in my opinion... most often value is not recognized there unless blatant / high value and terribly underpriced. I gave up trying.

Last edited:
•••
@sellian - You might have kept this and sold for more. But of course there was a chance of unsold.

It's not that bad of a name. Worth 4-fig if you ask me. Good ROI though.

Note: Bargain bin is not really the best place to sell names in my opinion... most often value is not recognized there unless blatant / high value and terribly underpriced. I gave up trying.
4 figures really? It's taken in less than 10 extensions and the dot net is still available! I didn't even negotiate, I just accepted the offer right away :/ Thanks for your comment!

•••
4 figures really? It's taken in less than 10 extensions and the dot net is still available! I didn't even negotiate, I just accepted the offer right away :/ Thanks for your comment!
xyz are different today, especially a single-word even if modified like this. I see this as a low xxxx range domain. If I had it I'd price it at $2K ... 2.5K .

But others might have a different appraisal, lower or higher.

Last edited:
•••
Bargain bin is not really the best place to sell names in my opinion... most often value is not recognized there unless blatant / high value and terribly underpriced. I gave up trying.
I agree but when you sell a name for 15$ when you paid 0.88$ for it, it is still more than 15x ROI :)

•••
Note: Bargain bin is not really the best place to sell names in my opinion...
I agree with this. People would rather buy what others are interested in which makes auction a better alternative for good names.

•••
@twiki ,Sorry for disturb
I view your last sale report about: C-----R---.COM (if any need to know the domain go to this link

At first congrats for this sale. Is a very good amount to spend in the day :xf.cool:
You said this: "I'm still surprised nobody picked it when it dropped, so I hand regged it. It's a very good name, although not in high thousands; but still very good."

I view, and review, and more review and take some search in google and metrics and not find any point to be able to ensure that it is a very good domain as indicated.

In my opinion, I see it as one more of the pile of all those that expire. I could have registered it. Maybe but I would just leave it listed as a small hook without much hope and the BIN Price + Make Offer around 1100-1200 dollars at the high end.

The PRO domains like you, I am sure that have a different point of view that many of us still do not understand.
Would you be so kind as to explain to us where you saw the potential of this domain?
What were the key points to register it?

•••
** SOLD **

-----> B.I.D.B.L.O.C.K / com (+IO)

$6,000

•••
•••
•••
SOLD! 2nd sale this year through Squadhelp. Purchased this one back in May 2018 for $190 and renewed every year. Sold for $1,899 via a 3 month instalment plan. Let the sales continue! 💵
Congratulations DD on your sale. That is still some decent ROI for holding.

If you don't mind my asking, what made you purchase this name for $190 back in 2018?

•••
O n l i n e - V e r i f y . c o m

- sold for $1,000 on Afternic, BIN
- registered for $8.49 with Epik
- hold time 16 months/1 renewal
Congrats, noticed how you keep selling names with hyphen. How do you do it,ED ?😀. I'm a newbie

•••
Domain: SolarJungle//com

Bought for $5 at GoDaddy expired auctions in Aug 2020.

Sold for $250 on Afternic in June 2022.

That was a steal from a fellow domainer. Congrats though

Last edited:
•••
That was a steal from a fellow domainer. Congrats though

Thanks Haddi Zak. The word jungle on the domain was the reason I let it go for $250.

•••
Domain name: Meta // Driving // (dot) // com
Sale venue: DAN (Jul 16, 2022)
Lander: DNS to DAN
Sale price: EUR 4,118 (=USD 4,212)
DAN Fees: 10.9% (includes 21% VAT on service fee)
Purchase venue: Porkbun (Mar 2021)
Purchase price: USD 8.58
Details: sale price is LTO (830) + consecutive BIN by the same buyer (3,288)
@Future Sensors - What was the LTO duration? (years). Thanks

•••
@Future Sensors - What was the LTO duration? (years). Thanks
The original LTO duration was 3 months. Obviously I'd priced this one a bit too low. LTO payment # 2/3 was not in time, even with a week grace period and several reminders by DAN Support. The LTO contract was cancelled on my request. Then I put the domain on sale with a Price Request option, and the same buyer immediately informed about the price. Because of our previous LTO relationship and web development that had already started, I upped it just a bit, not too much. Domain was still in DAN's holding account, and deal was done swiftly.

Last edited:
•••
Don't know if it has already been mentioned but someone from China bought raindrops.xyz for 7K from Sweatha to resell it or is it some Dan system glitch? :giggle:

Last edited:
•••
The original LTO duration was 3 months. Obviously I'd priced this one a bit too low. LTO payment # 2/3 was not in time, even with a week grace period and several reminders by DAN Support. The LTO contract was cancelled on my request. Then I put the domain on sale with a Price Request option, and the same buyer immediately informed about the price. Because of our previous LTO relationship and web development that had already started, I upped it just a bit, not too much. Domain was still in DAN's holding account, and deal was done swiftly.

Hello bro
What do you think of price request option
Is it work for you on Dan?

@Future Sensors

•••
Hello bro
What do you think of price request option
Is it work for you on Dan?

@Future Sensors
I've only used the Price Request option once, in the scenario mentioned above. For all my other domains I'm using BIN. For a subset BIN + LTO.

Nevertheless, I think offering only the Price Request option can be a perfect way to "feel" the market. Maybe I'll change some of my domains to PR in the future.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back