Dynadot

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
@Mimo83 copy and paste this in your browser:

х.com​

•••
•••
•••
•••
Domain Name: battlepass.com

Sale venue: Dan
Listing type: Buy Now/Make Offer
Listed price: $48,995
Sale price: $40,000
Purchase venue: GoDaddy
Purchase price: $3,363
Hold Time: 2 years

I didn't realize this, but if the buyer pays by wire (which they did) they get a 1% discount and therefore I get charged an extra 1% commission, making my total commission 16%.

First off - awesome sale. Great price for a great name.

Incidentally, I've been holding Battlepass // app and Battlepass // org - do you all think these have any value?

Clearly the dotcom is worth at least 100x more than any other TLD, but do you think these could be sold or should I drop them? I'm not suffering under the illusion that these are going to be big paydays for me, but I think $3k for either name would be fair.

Would really appreciate any thoughts you all might have.

Last edited:
•••
First off - awesome sale. Great price for a great name.

Incidentally, I've been holding Battlepass // app and Battlepass // org - do you all think these have any value?

Clearly the dotcom is worth at least 100x more than any other TLD, but do you think these could be sold or should I drop them? I'm not suffering under the illusion that these are going to be big paydays for me, but I think $3k for either name would be fair.

Would really appreciate any thoughts you all might have.

I also own Battlepass // net.

I'm not sure how much interest there will be in the other extensions since it's a pretty niche term, but there's a lot of people searching for it for various games so there's always potential. I don't plan on dropping my .net, but I have it listed for $1,500 knowing it may be a hard sell.

•••

I'm not sure how much interest there will be in the other extensions since it's a pretty niche term, but there's a lot of people searching for it for various games so there's always potential. I don't plan on dropping my .net, but I have it listed for $1,500 knowing it may be a hard sell.

Thank you so much for replying. That's extremely helpful. I had battlepass // cloud as well but its in its grace period - I'll probably let that one go.

$1500 seems like a smart price to list at. I've got another year on these names so I will probably price around there and see what happens.

Thanks again, and congratulations on the sale!

•••

Riot games owns the .gg . Great inspiring sale.

•••
•••

Hello & Greetings from Ukraine!​

WirelessSecurity.xyz, Resonation.xyz, TradeBTC.xyz, CoinBytes.xyz, CamPay.xyz, GetValue.xyz, BlackSeo.xyz, WhiteSEO.xyz, SnowFalls.xyz, SpeedChain.xyz and others sold for 99$ here at namepros and we was sold few domains via auctions on NP and also we make around 2k profit & 3,3k via charity .xyz sales and via this funds we live now. Thank to God and all who support our family.

Hope we return to Mariupol when he will be Ukrainian agian! Slava Ukraini!

Best Regards
Tatiana
The only one that sold in that thread was Wireless Security for $25?

You started that thread on the 23rd September 2022 - Wireless Security sold on the the 9th December, then you closed the thread the next day on the 10th......

They are all showing as in auction on Dynadot....where you registered them......

@Bravo Mod Team feel free to delete this post as topic or move it to an appropriate section

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 233466

Discount sale.

Note, this ain't a bad name at all, but I have a LOT of similar names I'm not keen in renewing as I'm improving my portfolio a lot lately.

Sedo BIN, hold time 10 months. Sold through the partner network, not via lander (20% commission).

I'm happy with the sale though even at this lower price.

For the domains you have as BIN on Sedo, do you still list them on Afternic? with BIN or Make Offer?

•••
For the domains you have as BIN on Sedo, do you still list them on Afternic? with BIN or Make Offer?
Yes, on Afternic too. BIN everywhere, same price (although on Sedo I use EUR)

•••
Have you ever had a situation where a domain is bought at the same time in different marketplaces? Or where you forgot to delist a domain you sold in another marketplace?

•••
Domain: VRSpy.com
Sale price : $3250
Sale venue: GoDaddy
Purchased for: $200
When a domain is sold on Dan, it does not continue to show that you can still buy it!
You even did not provide a receipt proof of your sale.

Attachments

• Screenshot (467).png
    Screenshot (467).png
    224.9 KB · Views: 94
•••
When a domain is sold on Dan, it does not continue to show that you can still buy it!
You even did not provide a receipt proof of your sale.

I clearly state the domain was sold on GoDaddy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
•••
kirill /.xyz

$888
in Sedo Mls
Hold time:10 months
Cost: $20
I have think Dan should take 25% from you considering it still points to Dan.

You know why they do this? Because this thread gets allot of attention, simple as that.
p.s. ask Twiki why his sold domains still point to Afternic, he will tell "well the buyers forget to remove the NS" fairy tales. Now this industry smells even worse thanks to you guys.

Attachments

• Screenshot (469).png
    Screenshot (469).png
    218.2 KB · Views: 66
•••
I have think Dan should take 25% from you considering it still points to Dan.

You know why they do this? Because this thread gets allot of attention, simple as that.
p.s. ask Twiki why his sold domains still point to Afternic, he will tell "well the buyers forget to remove the NS" fairy tales. Now this industry smells even worse thanks to you guys.
Man you are one big dummy..

First stop littering the thread with your poor research and bad logic..

Second almost every domainer has sold names that never got nameservers changed after years..

If I sell anywhere besides DAN then I have to manually mark the listing as sold for it to show the sold landing page on DAN..

If I simply delete it from my account and the buyer doesn't change NS then it'll show that the name isn't properly configured even if it was actually sold..

This renders your point as stupid because anyone can manually list a name as sold, which would obviously fool you. Doesn't mean it actually sold..

Last edited:
•••
Yeah continue the show with fake sales, I m out of here.

•••
Congratulations on your sales !

Can I ask which venues they sold at, average hold time & size of your portfolio !?
I post my sales with such details on Twitter(and here? on NP too actually), please check my account there @domainbuynow or search for Rumevic if interested. Thank you!

•••
# Domain sold today ✅🇺🇦

S t e r l i n g . c c

$1,000 via Dan (bot message said it was Afternic distribution network)
Hold time 3 years, I have kept this name as a good one word domain
I bought it from another domainer on NamePros as part of a deal - $60 for 6 non-.com names {thanks Dot(.)us!}

# Also sold this domain in March:

B e a u t y G e n e r a t i o n s . c o m

$1,000 Afternic, BIN
Hold time 4 months, handreg with Dynadot

Show attachment 235035
Show attachment 235034
😍😍😍😍😍
Good job! Happy for you!
If you want i have more for sale ( LOL )
Yeh .cc have potential
Personal since October 2022 until now i sold via marketplaces 3 .cc + few private sales here

I think now since i have almost 300 .cc i can tell the / a secret about .cc

I notice since Nov. 2022 many top/premium .cc start to drop ( some of them for first time since '99 like GMS , or 2000,2001,2002 but also 2012,13,14 )

I made research & notice 70-80% of them previous owners ( domainers ) was from China guessing die from Covid19 because in normal condition no one will let drop names like Alien , Cyborg , Nexus , Swap , Emergency , Crazy , VideoChat , Outlet etc.. all in .CC 🤷

Last edited:
•••
First sale ever XRcopilot (.) com $2488 BIN on Dan!

Sold last week but there were some delays so wanted to wait till it completed incase it was cancelled.

Handreg held for only 11 days, insanely lucky

Really happy for you, congratulations! Good domain too.

Your first sale was 11 days after a hand reg... yeah, you're hooked! 😂

Congrats again

•••
Domain Name: starterhomes.com

Sale venue: Dan
Listing type: Buy Now/Make Offer
Listed price: $12,995
Sale price: $11,000 LTO for 24 months
Purchase venue: Dan
Purchase price: $4,138
Hold Time: 6 years

I probably paid more than I should have for this domain name, so I was glad to get a x2+ on it.

Buyer and I went back and forth on price, they were sticking at $5k for a while but managed to get them to raise their offers. They mentioned they didn't have funds on-hand so I offered to increase the lease to own from 12 to 24 months. They also considered another domain extension if this deal didn't go through, so I educated them on the customer confusion and loss of traffic to the .com
Lots of congratulations, but is this a completed LTO? How many installments have you received already?

•••
EDIT: buyer ended up paying in full rather than LTO, so it appears they did have funds on hand. That's why you never believe anything a buyer says - they are using every tool at their disposal to get you to lower your price. That's just the name of game. I'd rather have it paid in full so it all worked out. ;)
Congrats on the sale. The buyers usually always lie. You could have gotten a lot more. That domain is one of the category killer domains in the real estate market. I am assuming a large starter home builder bought the domain. They usually have deep pockets and they make millions and millions from each project they build.

Last edited:
•••
Congrats on the sale. The buyers usually always lie. You could have gotten a lot more. That domain is one of the category killer domains in the real estate market. I am assuming a large starter home builder bought the domain. They usually have deep pockets and they make millions and millions from each project they build.

I feel it's one of those names that sounds really good, but if you look at the metrics for the keyword "starter homes" there's not a lot of searches and no advertisers for it (via SpyFu). It's also very niche.

For me, I'd rather just sell this name and get my profit out of it instead of holding it for 10-20 years with no guarantee of a sale. There are other names I own that I'd hold onto as long as it takes, but this one wasn't one of them.

The company that bought it looks to be a small company that serves a few cities in Texas. They're on the right track though since they now own the .com ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back