Domain Empire

discuss Discuss and Showcase "Generic Typo" Domains

Spaceship
Watch

What's Your Opinion of Generic Typo Domains?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • I would Never buy one!

vote
    9.1%
  • I Park them

votes
    54.5%
  • I Sell them

votes
    45.5%
  • I Develop them

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
I have never purchased a Generic Typo domain before but I am considering one and wanted to see what experiences others have had with them including Sales, Parking and Developing them.

I assume Flickr maybe the best example of a successful generic typo.
After all it is pronounced Flicker not Flick Are

Not interested in TM typo discussion, Just Generic Typos.

Thanks
:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have a typo of one of the best generic keywords, in specific "gold". It gets squat for traffic. Go figure. (It is a .com)

So as far as traffic advantages, don't get your hopes too high.

•••
I have a typo of one of the best generic keywords, in specific "gold". It gets squat for traffic. Go figure. (It is a .com)

So as far as traffic advantages, don't get your hopes too high.
Thanks, I am actually considering developing it, but you never know.

•••
I registered diswasher.com a week ago or so just as an experiment..and parked it on bodis. Think I got one visit so far that wasn't me checking it out :p Oh well
Apparently it gets searched 2400 times globally each month, but that's nothing compared to 550k for dishwasher (on keyword planner). But it says High comp and slightly higher CPC than dishwasher anyway.

•••
Just got a 7 cent click on diswasher.com. Hope it wasn't a namepros member messing with me. :rolleyes:

•••
May i ask a few questions. i find 'typo' is an interesting topic

1. How do you decide to buy/not to buy on a typo? is it gut feeling or based on stat(experience) or you just buy all variation(trial and error)

2. do typo sell? ... i mean for a high price ( 4 fig )

a stat? is there such thing? .... like a list of common typos

i think @baseballworld and @biggie is amongst the best to share some info here

thanks

•••
i think typos are less important than before flickr example is more of what we call domain hack or word hack, just a play on a word to make it shorter, many startups used this type of domains as a cool alternative to the original one.
Typos is more like my domain name MartialArtInstructor.com which is now on auction here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/martialartinstructor-com-starting-at-1.1295523/

•••
I bought a couple of misspells / typos for parking. They are not doing amazingly great, except one. That one is getting a load of views, but no clicks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back