Domain Empire

domains DNW: Nissan.com is stolen

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Uzi Nissan is famous for one of the earliest battles in domain names: fighting the car company Nissan over his registration of Nissan.com.

Now, his estate alleges that someone stole nissan.com and nissan.net after his death.

In a lawsuit filed this week, the estate says the domain names were stolen from the account and moved to another account at his registrar. The Whois records still show his name and the suit does not say when the theft occurred.

nn.png

read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Imagine if whoever stole it sells it to Nissan Cars!

I am giving Nissan CARS the benefit of the doubt; —i dont believe Nissan cars were the hackers.

May Mr. Nissan’s estate get domain back.

Sad, this type of thing still happens, today, but he died, and i am guessing his estate could not see the heist.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Nissan .com registrar need to get rid of 90's website design asap

Last edited:
•••
Uzi Nissan is famous for one of the earliest battles in domain names: fighting the car company Nissan over his registration of Nissan.com.

Now, his estate alleges that someone stole nissan.com and nissan.net after his death.

In a lawsuit filed this week, the estate says the domain names were stolen from the account and moved to another account at his registrar. The Whois records still show his name and the suit does not say when the theft occurred.

Show attachment 241496

read more
That's a bummer, but it is not like the thief can really do anything with the domain.

It's an in rem lawsuit involving the domain itself. I highly doubt the thief is going to show up to defend it.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
That's a bummer, but it is not like the thief can really do anything with the domain.

It's an in rem lawsuit involving the domain itself. I highly doubt the thief is going to show up to defend it.

Brad

Yes.

It is a famous domain already with the legal battle getting lot of press.

And hopefully Nissan auto won’t touch this.

•••
•••
•••
But It is showing a contact details on landing page.
You mean the guy is stealer?!!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back