IT.COM

question Do a lot of Sedo sales remain private?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

peace800

Established Member
Impact
Just wondering that on Dnjournal Sedo sales get reported weekly. Of course these are sales that are made public.

My question is do a lot of sales, even bigger sales in terms of prices etc occur on Sedo that are kept private by buyer or seller and we dont see them reported etc? How much of these occur weekly and are not disclosed etc? I'm mainly talking about $xx,xx and $xxx, xxx value sales. Do a lot of these not get disclosed publicly once they are sold on sedo and does this happen regularly? In other words high value sales occur on sedo on a weekly basis that are kept private from the public? What do you think would be the % of these big sales that are kept private compared to those that are disclosed?

Do a lot of people on here who sell on sedo opt not to disclose sales for public and do you pay the 2.5% commission that Sedo charges to keep sales private?

So for example if a lot of high value sales on sedo are chosen to be kept private by buyer/seller than this means that a fair chunk of commission would be paid due to this 2.5% fee . Are people normally ok with this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I'll answer once I get a $xxx,xxx sale. Unfortunately, that will be a loooooong time.

•••
I think SEDO and other domain markets offers an API (Application Programmable Interface) to retrieve data or post domains for sale, I am not sure if domain sales if part of that data, and if so, if they provide ALL data via the API. I think it depends on the sale, some people like to keep sales private.

•••
I have been asked only once to have a NDA on the sale on Sedo and it wasn't reported and you can't find it anywhere. In any case it was only a mid-high X.XXX sale.

•••
I was mainly getting at if a lot of high or mid sales on sedo are kept private on sedo? Is it a common practice or do most high or sales over x,xxx get reported every week and buyers/sellers are happy to make them public?

Is there a setting on sedo where you can choose not to disclose your sale price? Even on afternic for that matter?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back