Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The New Guy

Top Member
Impact
Do any auction houses offer the following in any tier of their service:

- Buyer pays auction house
- Seller transfers / pushes domain to auction house account

Then the service pays the seller and transfers the domain to the buyer.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sedo has been doing this for years

one of the safest domain transaction/push/transfer platforms in the industry

imo....

•••
Agree with Biggie. But they aren't the quickest. But that's ok for me, security over speed.

•••
Yeah Sedo best Escrow service no doubt, hands down. But man, if you ever have a problem with them their Customer Service sucks ass...

•••
You may also want to check Above.com....I like buying names from them because all of the stats are from a 3rd party, not the seller. Escrow has worked well, pricing for the selling side seems reasonable too, but no idea on how long it takes to get paid.

•••
Sedo doesn't always transfer it to their account. I just bought via Sedo and they have relied on me updating the WHOIS details to conclude the transaction. I don't know what happens if I claim not to have received the domain.

But usually they do use their own account, and when they do I doubt there is a safer system.

•••
Escrow creates a bridge between buyer and seller but the commission they charge is high in price. After all the domain selling cost increase as buying cost. The best way is to use Account Transfer Registrar such as Go Daddy, Dydot, Enom, Reseller Club, etc... and make a deal with Paypal transfer which secures your 2 days so if you not get delivered you can claim for refund.

Also you can use very small based commission and put mediator in between such as go daddy auctions. You can load all your domain go daddy and pay their auction listing fee. Receive payment through go daddy and simply do account change this is the only faster process i ever experienced. My deal closes on go daddy in just 10min. Go daddy Auction fees is very less and even the commission is very low.

Most Important Go Daddy fees comes with Escrow Service no need to pay extra to escrow.

•••
Escrow creates a bridge between buyer and seller but the commission they charge is high in price. After all the domain selling cost increase as buying cost. The best way is to use Account Transfer Registrar such as Go Daddy, Dydot, Enom, Reseller Club, etc... and make a deal with Paypal transfer which secures your 2 days so if you not get delivered you can claim for refund.

Also you can use very small based commission and put mediator in between such as go daddy auctions. You can load all your domain go daddy and pay their auction listing fee. Receive payment through go daddy and simply do account change this is the only faster process i ever experienced. My deal closes on go daddy in just 10min. Go daddy Auction fees is very less and even the commission is very low.

Most Important Go Daddy fees comes with Escrow Service no need to pay extra to escrow.

Do your research before posting. Because, this is a public forum with many readers that may take your information to be accurate, which it is far from.

Escrow is not expensive, almost every Escrow service charges less than 3% commission compare that to the services you mentioned which are 20%++ commission.

PayPal DOES NOT secure money and they do not provide a dispute process for digital goods.

There is no mediator with GoDaddy auctions.

GoDaddy has NO auction listing fee.

GoDaddy takes forever to pay, so why would you want to recieve payment through GoDaddy?

You're lying you never did a deal at GoDaddy, because no deal closes at GoDaddy in 10 minutes. 6 days just to verify the payment and another 21 days to pay if the domain is NOT at GoDaddy.

Take the time to read and learn first before posting HIGHLY inaccurate information.

•••
Yes my friend. The information over the forum which helps to determine the request made.

Go daddy do charge for listing a domain in auction https://auctions.godaddy.com click "list domain" you will soon realise the fees they do charge. If you domain value is less than 5000 usd then you can choose go daddy instead of escrow. Also check the features and upgrades go daddy allow and charge.

Escrow is safer I do agree but mortaging the domain you own and wait for payments not acceptable. Check the link (https://www.escrow.com/support/faqs...-does-escrowcom-accept.aspx?prevTopic=Payment) escrow only allows payment through credit card and PayPal if both parties are in US if no then again long process. It also clearly mentioned payment process may take upto 10 business days according the length between countries to countries. Escrow only pays you once the domain transferred. So again cold call and wait of nother 8 days. Escrow almost takes min 10 days and max 25 days if the both parties from different countries. If both parties from US then less than max 5 days.

How many of you dealing within US?

In business and investment every single asset is countable, you hold a domain few years or months or days and once the deal is over you have to wait for money not acceptable.

If your domain cost more than 5000 USD then defiantly you should go with escrow.

I'm holding more than 720 domains and sold just 4 through escrow due to high in price and sold almost 34 through (go daddy, SEDO, afternic and dydot)

Happy surfing....

•••
Yes my friend. The information over the forum which helps to determine the request made.

Go daddy do charge for listing a domain in auction https://auctions.godaddy.com click "list domain" you will soon realise the fees they do charge. If you domain value is less than 5000 usd then you can choose go daddy instead of escrow. Also check the features and upgrades go daddy allow and charge.

Escrow is safer I do agree but mortaging the domain you own and wait for payments not acceptable. Check the link (https://www.escrow.com/support/faqs...-does-escrowcom-accept.aspx?prevTopic=Payment) escrow only allows payment through credit card and PayPal if both parties are in US if no then again long process. It also clearly mentioned payment process may take upto 10 business days according the length between countries to countries. Escrow only pays you once the domain transferred. So again cold call and wait of nother 8 days. Escrow almost takes min 10 days and max 25 days if the both parties from different countries. If both parties from US then less than max 5 days.

How many of you dealing within US?

In business and investment every single asset is countable, you hold a domain few years or months or days and once the deal is over you have to wait for money not acceptable.

If your domain cost more than 5000 USD then defiantly you should go with escrow.

I'm holding more than 720 domains and sold just 4 through escrow due to high in price and sold almost 34 through (go daddy, SEDO, afternic and dydot)

Happy surfing....

Man, you don't know what the hell you are talking about...... I used Escrow.com 20+ times and always got paid within 1-2 days using Overnight check or Wire...

You lying yo ass off man, you don't even know how to spell "Dynadot.... "

•••
Hey buddy keep yourself cool and calm OK? how do you spell mummy or mom? Dydot is clearly understands the name behind if you don't understand then use namepros instead of just NP :)

•••
Hey buddy keep yourself cool and calm OK? how do you spell mummy or mom? Dydot is clearly understands the name behind if you don't understand then use namepros instead of just NP :)

Good luck to you man... You have A LOT of learning to do...

•••
I dont need to learn anything, what i know is more inf. Keep Surfing and Drilling.

•••
I dont need to learn anything, what i know is more inf. Keep Surfing and Drilling.

OK man, let me know when you lose all your money domaining.... Peace...

•••
Heated debate is fine, However let's try not make any personal attacks though and keep the thread on topic.

Thanks,

Eric Lyon

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back