Dynadot

discuss Domain Days 1-2 November 2023 Dubai - United Arab Emirates

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Yusupbabay

presiden.comTop Member
Impact
Domain Days Dubai is the domain industry event in the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region for Domain Investors, Registrars, Registries, Monetization & Traffic, Web 3.0 Domains, Hosting & Cloud Providers, SaaS, and Industry Enthusiasts

1-2 November 2023
Dubai - United Arab Emirates

I plan to take part in this event.
are there any namepros.com members who will take part in this event and what do you think about this event?......

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Munir Badr​

Founder & Curator - Domain Days

Munir Badr, a UAE resident for the past 27 years is the founder of UAE's largest privately owned local domain name registrar & web/cloud hosting company - AEserver.com. Badr is a trilingual Internet entrepreneur and has been a speaker at various events, including the Middle East DNS Forum (MEDNSF), the Asia Pacific Top Level Domain Association (APTLD), The Middle East Network Operators Group (MENOG), Affiliate World Summit, and many others. Badr is an alumnus of the American University of Sharjah (AUS).

In March 2023, AEserver has been named a winner by Entrepreneur.com Middle East magazine at The E-Business Awards 2023 in the category of E-Solution Provider Of The Year.

After attending a plethora of domain & hosting industry events around the globe, Badr has identified the need to create the backbone for the local domain & hosting community which has been growing exponentially over the past few years.

Read Munir's interview in the May 2023 edition of Entrepreneur.com magazine about his vision of the domain, hosting & business in the MENA region.

Connect on Linkedin

•••
Domain Days Dubai is the domain industry event in the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region for Domain Investors, Registrars, Registries, Monetization & Traffic, Web 3.0 Domains, Hosting & Cloud Providers, SaaS, and Industry Enthusiasts

1-2 November 2023
Dubai - United Arab Emirates

I plan to take part in this event.
are there any namepros.com members who will take part in this event and what do you think about this event?......
If they sent you an invitation + fight ticket + hotel reservation you can go and participate . otherwise save your money .

•••
Happy to hear. Any one knows how can we participate?

•••
They might want to doublecheck the policy on accepting sponsors and partners. It appears that they accept sposnorship and "media partnership" from anybody who may wish to advertise, including almost dead or not too serious businesses, which makes the whole event not looking good. Just imho. It is a good idea to host domaining events outside US though.

Last edited:
•••
If they sent you an invitation + fight ticket + hotel reservation you can go and participate . otherwise save your money .

Thank you for the advice @lovely4ever
my plan will follow this event.

•••
@tonyk2000 very good suggestion for sponsor selection.
hopefully @mbadr will be scrutinizing, for sponsors in the next event.

•••
Exciting opportunity @Yusupbabay , you added a lot of value over the years to this forum, I hope you have a great trip and please share some updates during the event on this thread.

•••

Hello

Is that the only reason you attend any event out there?!

•••
They might want to doublecheck the policy on accepting sponsors and partners. It appears that they accept sposnorship and "media partnership" from anybody who may wish to advertise, including almost dead or not too serious businesses, which makes the whole event not looking good. Just imho. It is a good idea to host domaining events outside US though.

Hi There,

Iam unsure what you mean about "anybody who may wish to advertise".

If you read correctly and patiently, we do not have media "sponsors", these are media partners: those who have been kind enough to cover our event on their platforms and we place their logo + back link in return with permission to do so.

As with sponsorships, this is a commercial event. It is also a community-centric event designed to foster growth and prosperity. Therefore sponsors are an essential part for obvious reasons.

So, let's set the records straight. Here is the event description as published on the website:

Domain Days Dubai is the domain industry event in the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region for Domain Investors, Registrars, Registries, Monetization & Traffic, Web 3.0 Domains, Hosting & Cloud Providers, SaaS, and Industry Enthusiasts.

Now if you look at our sponsors, they are all from the industry and match perfectly to the context of the event.

Unless you have an issue with any particular sponsor (which I totally would accept), I can't think of any other reason why you would want to scrutinize the list.

Also since this is a public forum, let me know which "almost dead or not too serious businesses" you are referring to?

Feel free to drop me a message at anytime at [email protected] and have to jump on a call with you and address any of your legit concerns.

•••
let me know which "almost dead or not too serious businesses" you are referring to?
In no particular order:
a) domain forum commonly referred as "dead forum" here @ NP, as the name is banned by NP config. Many times changed ownership, recently banned a respected old user for stating honest things the current owner did not like, does not have any noticeable activity except domain-for-sale advertising threads, etc... Current owner has good intentions to develop it though, without any success so far.
b) domain reseller falsely stating they are ICANN-accredited registrar, while they aren't (cannot be found on ICANN website)
c) seller of third level domains under their second-level .com domain (nothing illegal here, but having this business as a top sponsor... maybe useful for some endusers, but we are all serious domainers here)

I personally do not like generic "Guilt by Association" concept, but some visitors may be of different opinion. No doubts, if they want to spend $$$ - let it so be, your venue is not a charity, so no issues here.

Last edited:
•••
Hello

Is that the only reason you attend any event out there?!
if the event was in the same country he live in , then its ok , no cost $ .
in recent economy situation he dont need to spend Thousands $$$$ to travel another country and see this event .
its better to save his money for the coming domains renewals and new aqcuisitions. Thats my opinion .

•••
Hi There,

Iam unsure what you mean about "anybody who may wish to advertise".

If you read correctly and patiently, we do not have media "sponsors", these are media partners: those who have been kind enough to cover our event on their platforms and we place their logo + back link in return with permission to do so.

As with sponsorships, this is a commercial event. It is also a community-centric event designed to foster growth and prosperity. Therefore sponsors are an essential part for obvious reasons.

So, let's set the records straight. Here is the event description as published on the website:

Domain Days Dubai is the domain industry event in the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region for Domain Investors, Registrars, Registries, Monetization & Traffic, Web 3.0 Domains, Hosting & Cloud Providers, SaaS, and Industry Enthusiasts.

Now if you look at our sponsors, they are all from the industry and match perfectly to the context of the event.

Unless you have an issue with any particular sponsor (which I totally would accept), I can't think of any other reason why you would want to scrutinize the list.

Also since this is a public forum, let me know which "almost dead or not too serious businesses" you are referring to?

Feel free to drop me a message at anytime at [email protected] and have to jump on a call with you and address any of your legit concerns.

I am interested in participating in this event. Can you calculate the approximate cost for each for 4 or 5 days in Dubai.I need to ask this, because many say the cost of living in Dubai is very high. Thank You

•••
In no particular order:
a) domain forum commonly referred as "dead forum" here @ NP, as the name is banned by NP config. Many times changed ownership, recently banned a respected old user for stating honest things the current owner did not like, does not have any noticeable activity except domain-for-sale advertising threads, etc... Current owner has good intentions to develop it though, without any success so far.
b) domain reseller falsely stating they are ICANN-accredited registrar, while they aren't (cannot be found on ICANN website)
c) seller of third level domains under their second-level .com domain (nothing illegal here, but having this business as a top sponsor... maybe useful for some endusers, but we are all serious domainers here)

I personally do not like generic "Guilt by Association" concept, but some visitors may be of different opinion. No doubts, if they want to spend $$$ - let it so be, your venue is not a charity, so no issues here.
Thanks for clarifying. We will research your comments and look for solid info.

We come from a new region - the Middle East and we are building an event for the very 1st time for the community to develop & strive. We are open & respect both positive, negative & neutral feedback.

•••
if the event was in the same country he live in , then its ok , no cost $ .
in recent economy situation he dont need to spend Thousands $$$$ to travel another country and see this event .
its better to save his money for the coming domains renewals and new aqcuisitions. Thats my opinion .

At the end of the day, this all goes down to individual tastes, requirements, and budget. From 2014 until today, I have been attending all the industry-related events all around the globe, sometimes having to wait for months to get a visa and at other times overspending on flight tickets and expensive hotels. It's all about your objective. If you really see value in something new, in meeting new people at events and networking.

Personal situation differs from one person to another.

•••
I am interested in participating in this event. Can you calculate the approximate cost for each for 4 or 5 days in Dubai.I need to ask this, because many say the cost of living in Dubai is very high. Thank You
Avg. return & direct flight from North America to Dubai on the flagship carrier (one of the best airlines in the world - Emirates) is around $1000 in economy.

The hotel is currently on a special rate until the 15th of September 2023 at around $340 per night BB. There are plenty of other hotels within 10-15 mins taxi ride that are at $100.

cost of living in Dubai is very high

This is a personal opinion. Feel free to drop an email to [email protected] with specific questions and happy to answer questions about the city. Some say its much cheaper than Canada and USA.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back