Impact
Please, appraise several 2 letter .GE domain hacks:

Wa.ge
Ra.ge
Ur.ge
Ca.ge

What could be their value?

Small note about .GE

more than 50 companies have already registered their domain hacks in .GE, like Oran.ge, Frid.ge or Mortga.ge

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, .ge is quite restricted. That is not exactly a strong selling point.

Suppose you find a possible buyer. Do you know how you are going to transfer ownership of the domain ? I don't know personally, it's just a question. I have never managed .ge domain names.
I think you should already have the answer (and a realistic estimate of the time and money involved), before you even start dabbling in foreign TLDs.

•••
Thanks for opinion :) good point raised:

The only known restriction is that local residence is needed. And this is successfully avoided by all DN hack owners via international registrars like 101Domains, Marcaria or RWGUSA.

And last question here: if domain zone is weak selling point, what is the strong one for you? :)

•••
And last question here: if domain zone is weak selling point, what is the strong one for you? :)

Only strong one i see is Rage might be cool branding to the Xgamer types. Perhaps Cage for cage fighting Goodluck

\/ Sorry dont have a price in mind, just comenting that a couple of them might be more sellable than the others. But try not to reg too many of these things

Last edited:
•••
Only strong one i see is Rage might be cool branding to the Xgamer types. Perhaps Cage for cage fighting Goodluck
Thanks for reply :)

Could you tell approximate price for them?

btw for gamers I have also Challen.ge :)

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

\/ Sorry dont have a price in mind, just comenting that a couple of them might be more sellable than the others. But try not to reg too many of these things
OK, thanks for the point.

How do you assume potential of "brandable" domain names like SourceFor.ge etc.?

•••
You missed a couple of great names
Wasta.ge
As in Total wastage of money buying .GE domain Hacks
Usa.ge
As in what usage?

All of yours $0
Domains hacks have little value unless used as part of promotional or branding exercise.

•••
You missed a couple of great names
Wasta.ge
As in Total wastage of money buying .GE domain Hacks
Usa.ge
As in what usage?

All of yours $0
Domains hacks have little value unless used as part of promotional or branding exercise.
Well, bad comment is still comment and one have to deal with that, but... I think we should expect at least 1 argument to your point, don't we? :) I don't ask for total happiness in this discussion, but for arguments even for opposite points. Thank you.

btw, there are dozens of companies, who have already introduced .GE-hacks for their websites (i.e. Fridge by Google, Orange and many others).

•••
btw, there are dozens of companies, who have already introduced .GE-hacks for their websites (i.e. Fridge by Google, Orange and many others).
That doesn't mean much, those domains are just used for URL shorteners. It's not like they are desperately needed.
Many other extensions are also used for the same purpose.
For example, Google own no_url_shorteners but there isn't a market for the ccTLD of Greenland really...

•••
That doesn't mean much, those domains are just used for URL shorteners. It's not like they are desperately needed.
Many other extensions are also used for the same purpose.
For example, Google own no_url_shorteners but there isn't a market for the ccTLD of Greenland really...
I'm afraid this discussion slightly moves to the whole topic of domain hacks marketability :)

Well, let's discuss it a little:

1. There are companies who use hacks as main domain. I know that many of NP members are against this practice, but it still exists (i.e. Voya.ge, Frid.ge, etc.)

2. There are companies who have long names and use domain hacks for their main keyword. Good example of it is TeenagePaparazzo.com which is also owner of Teena.ge

3. Of course, there are companies with presence on Twitter or Facebook and they definitely need branded URL shortener (Oran.ge, Mortga.ge, Mira.ge, Enga.ge, etc.)

4. There is also Tumblr, who acquired Pa.ge, but frankly speaking I still don't have any info why :)

So, to resume, as they are buying that names, others may do it too. :)

•••
BTW there are dozens of companies & Domainers who have already wasted money on Domain hacks.

•••
Statistically the odds of selling a domain hack are low.
I cannot find one single reported sale in .ge, even for regular (non-hack) domains. My conclusion is that there is no particular market for this TLD.

Domain hacks are as old as the WWW.
There is no indication that they are going to become significantly more fashionable in the future.
That's all I need to know as a domain seller.
Of course that applies to other extensions as well.

Also, you didn't mention the annual registration fee.
Do you even own these names ? I have a feeling they are unregistered.

•••
BTW there are dozens of companies & Domainers who have already wasted money on Domain hacks.

That's not so bad news for domainers :)

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

I cannot find one single reported sale in .ge, even for regular (non-hack) domains. My conclusion is that there is no particular market for this TLD.
Well, it may look strange (or stran.ge), but all sales are held privately. Latest deal of that kind was Oran.ge, as it wasn't direct registration.

There is no indication that they are going to become significantly more fashionable in the future.
That's all I need to know as a domain seller.
Of course that applies to other extensions as well.
Domain hacks received new wave of popularity with Twitter and its culture of URL shorteners. Before Twitter no_url_shorteners was assumed as suitable URL for such service, but today even no_url_shorteners seems long :) Also, with introduction of Bitly pro, companies started their own URL shorteners massively. So, there is a little progress since WWW :)

Also, you didn't mention the annual registration fee.
Do you even own these names ? I have a feeling they are unregistered.
:lol: What a terrible feeling you had... Those and all other of my .GE domains are listed on Sedo and as you know they are pre-approving domain ownership. So, don't warry on ownership matter :)

P.S. reg fee for .GE domain is about 14 Euros.

•••
14 euros is quite reasonable. Where are these names registered ?
They are not resolving. These really seem to be unregistered, and that's what the registry seems to suggest too.

•••
They are not resolving. These really seem to be unregistered, and that's what the registry seems to suggest too.

All OP's domains for appraisal seems to be unregistered. 101 domain.com offers .ge for $79 per year, restricted to 3 letters or more, not sure about other registrars.

•••
Names are registered directly via .GE domain administrator company. Yes, they may not resolve for the moment but if you need some proofs of ownership, I can redirect any of them to the URL or nameserver that you name :)

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

All OP's domains for appraisal seems to be unregistered. 101 domain.com offers .ge for $79 per year, restricted to 3 letters or more, not sure about other registrars.
So, based on your comment, I've made some impossible thing and regged 2-letter names (along with other, longer domains) :)

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

To all appraisers: could you please move this discussion to more specific point, i.e. price numbers? Of course, those 4 2-letter domains are not the only hacks that I have :) I just want to catch the logic of appraisals :) And for sure I don't want to waste one's time by posting unregged domains - all are mine, listed on Sedo, with ownership pre-approved.

•••
So, based on your comment, I've made some impossible thing and regged 2-letter names (along with other, longer domains) :)

1. What I meant, some registrars doesn't allow to register one or two characters domains, some do, that's why I said, I am not sure about other registrars.
2. Based on public who is record, your stated domains are NOT registered, unless the who is record I saw was NOT updated.

I hope this will explain all I meant. Good luck.

•••
"1.10. A domain name and the right of management thereof cannot be a subject of purchase
and sale. Granting, renting and etc. of a domain name is prohibited."

"3.3. In case the registrant requires his/her domain name to be transferred to any specific third
person, such a transfer shall be carried out upon payment of GEL 4000 (VAT included) by the
registrant."

source: http://www.nic.net.ge/policy_en.pdf

1.00 GEL = 0.604127 USD
4,000 GEL = $2,416

source: http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert/?Amount=1&From=GEL&To=USD#converter

good luck with your sales.. you'll need it

Last edited:
•••
"1.10. A domain name and the right of management thereof cannot be a subject of purchase
and sale. Granting, renting and etc. of a domain name is prohibited."

"3.3. In case the registrant requires his/her domain name to be transferred to any specific third
person, such a transfer shall be carried out upon payment of GEL 4000 (VAT included) by the
registrant."

source: nic.net.ge/policy_en.pdf

1.00 GEL = 0.604127 USD
4,000 GEL = $2,416

good luck with your sales.. you'll need it

Hi :) That rules file is outdated. Current version is only in Georgian but at least you can search for number 4000 (or 4,000) and see that it has been removed :) Anyway, that's my part to complete domain transfer and as you understand, last preferred thing for me is to pay 2500$ for it :)

Thanks for raising that issue btw :)

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

1. What I meant, some registrars doesn't allow to register one or two characters domains, some do, that's why I said, I am not sure about other registrars.
2. Based on public who is record, your stated domains are NOT registered, unless the who is record I saw was NOT updated.

I hope this will explain all I meant. Good luck.

•••
Digitalbrand, Where did you register for 14 euros? :)

•••
•••
Domains still unregistered and unresolving

•••
I dont understand the language. And cant find the buy button ;)

Tried to contact them but no reply after 1 day..

•••
Can you transfer a .ge?

A) the heir of the registrant
B) The decision of the court
C) International Network Consortium, ICANN/IANA- or organization named in the request (see section 3.1).

Foreign legal entities can be. Ge domain registration only through the Georgian legal entity (see section 1.9). A foreign natural person. Ge Domain Registration is available only in case, if he lives and is registered in Georgia (Georgian must have an identity card) (see section 1.8).

Can it be transferred/sold/donated?
No.

Waste of time and money imho.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Also:

have minimum of 3 and a maximum of 63 characters;

Not sure how these 2 letters exist or even if they do. None resolve for me.

•••
I dont understand the language. And cant find the buy button ;)

Tried to contact them but no reply after 1 day..
I'm too new to post links :)

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Domains still unregistered and unresolving

it goes boring to explain "domain not resolving" matter once in 3 comments :)

•••
it goes boring to explain "domain not resolving" matter once in 3 comments :)

I mean can't find whois.

Not supposed to appraise names with unverified ownership.

Though I don't know that the rules for .ge are favorable for resell anyway (i.e. it's not allowed). On that basis alone $0

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back