IT.COM

Domain Registrars and Reseller Accounts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi folks,

Looking for some direction. I have about 150 domain names, most registered on behalf of customers who do not wish to deal with logins , passwords and renewals. I am looking for a way to A) increase my profit margin by reducing the cost of the domain names and B) set customers up with their own accounts via a reseller account at a registrar for those customers that do not want the domain name registration under me. Most likely the customer accounts will still have my email in them as a contact, but in the event something happens, I would like to be able to switch this email over quickly to give the customer full control.

So the short of it is, I am looking for a Domain Name Registrar that offers reseller accounts, decent pricing and a good control panel for me to manage it with. Any recommendations?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
eNom aren't cheap though. If you don't mind using sub-accounts rather than a reseller account. I'd seriously look at NameSilo.com. They have a very good offering, imho.

Last edited:
•••
GoDaddy/WildWest, if you're a self-reliant type. Prices are hard to beat; service is by far the worst in the business.

Frank

•••
eNom aren't cheap though.

Enom can be cheap. I have a reseller account there with $8.50 pricing. Thanks for the reminder, I need to move more of my domains there :)

•••
Anyone have experience with ResellerClub.com?

OD

•••
@lothos - If you haven't used your eNom account in a while, then I'm not surprised you think you have $8.50 pricing, but the current minimum price is $9 for a .com. What you might have is a sub-reseller account and the reseller hasn't updated your pricing (although I thought even that was automatic). They will be losing at least $0.50 on every domain you register.

The other services, like privacy, are very expensive, though. Whereas at NameSilo, all the extras are free.

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

Anyone have experience with ResellerClub.com?

OD

Not a very intuitive Control Panel, imho. I like eNom's Control Panel the best. Very organized. Did you check out NameSilo.com (corrected)?

Last edited:
•••
@lothos - If you haven't used your eNom account in a while, then I'm not surprised you think you have $8.50 pricing, but the current minimum price is $9 for a .com. What you might have is a sub-reseller account and the reseller hasn't updated your pricing (although I thought even that was automatic). They will be losing at least $0.50 on every domain you register.

The other services, like privacy, are very expensive, though. Whereas at NameSilo, all the extras are free.

I checked my account again just now, and I wasn't mistaken. I am also not a sub-reseller. I did just get a notice of a price increase for .org, .net and .name but nothing to affect the .com pricing. Maybe I qualified for a better pricing tier, I don't know. I do know that I need to move more domains over though :)

•••
NameSilo.com looks good. I was hoping for more of a reseller control panel of some sort that I could adjust the pricing myself, but have the registration under the clients names. Currently my clients are small to medium businesses that I do the website design and hosting for. Usually they get me to register the domains as well and I just put them under my name, invoice once per year as I pay them. Some customers however would like to have the names registered under their own name (can't blame them).

•••
I checked my account again just now, and I wasn't mistaken. I am also not a sub-reseller. I did just get a notice of a price increase for .org, .net and .name but nothing to affect the .com pricing. Maybe I qualified for a better pricing tier, I don't know. I do know that I need to move more domains over though :)

I am a top-level top-tier reseller on eNom. My .com domains are $9. It's been like that for at least a year. It would be interesting to see what price you get upon checkout. You definitely have a rare account there. Can I become a sub-reseller of you?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back