opinion Domainer Twitter has been spicy this past week

Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Different communities on Twitter gain their own little designation, NFL Twitter, NBA Twitter, StarWars Twitter, etc... A decade ago it would have seemed there would be no way there was a Domainer Twitter, I mean for years people preached only produce content on your domain name the thing which you control. Don't let a third party censor you or take your handle away for whatever reason they … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
So Mod now posted in other people thread to advertise NP landing page?
Is it allowed?

•••
Is it allowed?
Yes.

Even in the dedicated NamePros Parking thread you are not positive about the initiative. That's allowed of course, but it comes across as someone who doesn't wish NamePros the best.

Do you still feel comfortable being a member here?

Last edited:
•••
Sorry my fault. It did not know that mod can spam and everyone is afraid to talk about them.

•••
So Mod now posted in other people thread to advertise NP landing page?
It seems to be relevant to the topic of this thread. Is that tweet not spicy enough for you? 🌶️

@equity78, what's your opinion? Relevantly spicy, or off topic?

OP can decide. (y)

•••
•••
Domainer Twitter has been spicy this past week

I hope "Domainer Twitter" becomes a weekly column! ~ bridging the discussion gap for those not on twitter ~

You've opened a can of worms, @equity78 :ROFL:

A spicy can of worms at that!

Last edited:
•••
I’m much more interested in the last part of the post, about atom. If Kate Buckley is pulling listings from atom, that’s a pretty serious signal.

•••
I’m much more interested in the last part of the post, about atom. If Kate Buckley is pulling listings from atom, that’s a pretty serious signal.
In return, how do you assess Hilco Digital Assets' investment in Atom? That's quite a commitment, I'd say. Maybe there is envy at this broker level, as well.

•••
In return, how do you assess Hilco Digital Assets' investment in Atom? That's quite a commitment, I'd say. Maybe there is envy at this broker level, as well.
I’m definitely encouraged by the Hilco investment and rebrand for Atom, but I doubt it’s professional jealously that’s driving her tweet - I’m seeing the same thing at the moment, where I’ve had much better results on Afternic than I have on Atom, even in cases where the name was listed on both (and ns pointed to atom).

•••
•••
Maybe there is envy at this broker level, as well.

I didn't get that impression. Her response seemed to allign with the larger domainer twitter discussion:

@Kate Buckley's response:
I'm thinking of pulling all mine from there. While I've had a few sales, I've mostly done the negotiations myself and the last sale was a lead I imported and had already negotiated and closed! So, makes no sense to pay their sky high commissions...

When I first learned of Kate listing domains on SH, I saw it as a small endorsement to SquadHelp, ie:

Thus, seems more like a performance review than broker envy.

Also in that tweet thread X @Acroplex mentioned a new markplace launching on Friday? 🤔

Keep your eyes peeled for Friday when a new marketplace launches.

Edit added:

HatTip: @Silentptnr for citing Darpans tweet thread responding to recent discussions:

Last edited:
•••
I didn't get that impression.
It could be. What people write on Twitter is not always the real reason. Buckley Media just recently became Defining.com, and is competing in the same market. Shane Cultra and Todd Henderson became partners in the company. To me it seems only logical to use Defining.com for their exclusive brokerage activities, and broker the deals themselves with their excellent team, and retract domains from third party marketplaces with high commissions.

Last edited:
•••
Buckley Media just recently became Defining.com, and is competing in the same market. Shane Cultra and Todd Henderson became partners in the company. To me it seems only logical to use Defining.com for their exclusive brokerage activities, and broker the deals themselves with their excellent team, and retract domains from third party marketplaces with high commissions.
Based on her tweets, it seems like she used SH for her own portfolio, not for her clients' domains.

There shouldn't be a conflict of interest there.

•••
Based on her tweets, it seems like she used SH for her own portfolio, not for her clients' domains.

There shouldn't be a conflict of interest there.
If it is indeed her personal portfolio, she might give NamePros Parking a try.

Last edited:
•••
It seems to be relevant to the topic of this thread. Is that tweet not spicy enough for you? 🌶️

@equity78, what's your opinion? Relevantly spicy, or off topic?

OP can decide. (y)
Oh I thought it added to the topic, perfectly fine.

•••
Darpans tweet thread responding to recent discussions:

"While January saw a strong start, the recent months, especially April, were a bit slower."

That's correct ... to correct
January 17, VCs deals $1.778B. After, back to normal.
So, WHAT Is the buyer's journey @ atom?

fnd2024-1-4.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
only "this past week"? :unsure:

:xf.grin:
hahahaha well played. I thought this week especially and of course with you dropping neutrino references very spicy.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back