NameSilo

advice Don't sell very cheaply of your Chinese Letter, number, pinyin domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

zollars Guo

Established Member
Impact
Don't sell very cheaply of your chinese Letter,number,pinyin domain names
I from china,have 5 years in the domain name marketing.
let me analyze the number,letter,pinyin domain names meaning.

358.COM auction ¥2.850,000 CNY,about 456,000 USD,the"358"chinese words harmonic tone, meaning1:商务吧(shang wu ba)Biz club;
meaning2:商务发(shang wu fa)get rich with Biz,
and a lot of chinese words harmonic tone combination.

5201314.com 我爱你一生一世(wo ai ni yi sheng yi shi)mean:I love you forever

GPSC.COM:
GP=股票(Gu Piao)stock、购票(Gou Piao)get the ticket、光盘(Guang Pan) DVDs,VCDs、果品(Gou Pin)fruit、and a lot of verb and noun;
SC=市场(Shi Chang)market、商场&商城(Shang Chang&Shang Cheng)mall、蔬菜(Shu Cai)vegetable、四川(Si Chuan)The Chinese big province,have about 85,000,000 people、手册(ShouCe)handbook, 收藏(ShouCang)collect,and a lot of verb and noun,
So they are a lot of combinations, like 股票市场stock market,果品市场 fruit matket,果品蔬菜fruit & vegetable,......and go on

ChaoZhi.com:the chinese pinyin auction on godaddy about¥196,759 CNY
meaning:超值very valuable、超支overruns、抄纸writing on paper、炒制&炒至hype

Like this,They will be more valuable than the general domain names a lot. Find the value in advance that will be not sell very cheaply.

(sales plug removed - please use marketplace to sell)

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Problem with me is i don't know single word of Chinese, purchasing Chinese domain will be throwing stone in the dark.

Buy a 4N-5N, can't go wrong there.

•••
I agree estibot is crap

I agree. SEDO and ESTIBOT automatic appraisals have NO value.
I sold many domains appraised $XX for $X,XXX
The value of a domain name depends on what the buyer is willing to pay for it.
(Of course, to get a good price on your domain name you have to ask for it and say NO to lowball offers)

•••
The popular gTLDs is .com, .cn,.wang,.top,.net ,.club and.com.cn in china
Other suffixes were no popular in chinese,because some suffixes were too longer,and a lot of chinese don't know the english suffixes mean.
There has been some talk on the forums here of Chinese buyers moving into other TLD's like .in and .co, just for short letter and number domains. Do you see that happening? Also you didn't mention it but hasn't there been a lot of Chinese interest in .cc?

•••
$110 ??????????????
the valuation on Estibot is wrong,you can whois the guopin.com it is a chinese owner, it maybe 100,000 CNY in china or higher.

Thanks for adding some useful info!

Now, what I don't understand, everybody is saying that as far as PIYIN is concerned, you shouldn't use names that contain letters: a e i o u v
How does guopin fits in that?

•••
Thanks for adding some useful info!

Now, what I don't understand, everybody is saying that as far as PIYIN is concerned, you shouldn't use names that contain letters: a e i o u v
How does guopin fits in that?

Pinyin is different from acronyms.

GPSC.COM
GP = Gu Piao (stock)
SC = Shi Chang (market)

"GPSC" (the acronym without vowels) would be used to express "gu-piao-shi-chang", the pinyin words for "stock market".

Acronyms are used to express the syllables of Chinese words.

Last edited:
•••

GPSC.COM
GP = Gu Piao (stock)
SC = Shi Chang (market)

"GPSC" (the acronym without vowels) would be used to express "gu piao shi chang", the pinyin words for "stock market".

GPSC.COM
GP = Gu Piao (stock)
SC = Shi Chang (market)

"GPSC" (the acronym without vowels) would be used to express "gu-piao-shi-chang", the pinyin words for "stock market".

Hopefully I understand now:
Acronyms can be valuable because they are made from pinyin words.
And, none of these words begins with a e i o u v.
Is this correct, Nick?

•••
"Acronyms can be valuable because they are made from pinyin words syllables. And, none of these words syllables begins with a e i o u v."

Because a word may have multiple syllables, like "Gǔpiào".

•••
Well I must say I'm getting a better idea on this topic .

I wanted to ask what about a 5 L that ends in any letter even v or aeiou will that change the meaning of the domain drastically or make it csay a more brand able stylized Chinese domain?

I've seen a ton of 4l coms like zgxz as an example but how would a 5L be rated and valued at?

U c?

:xf.confused:

•••

what about .TV

•••
There has been some talk on the forums here of Chinese buyers moving into other TLD's like .in and .co, just for short letter and number domains. Do you see that happening? Also you didn't mention it but hasn't there been a lot of Chinese interest in .cc?
yes ,cc is very popular in china, short and convenient input.

•••
Hopefully I understand now:
Acronyms can be valuable because they are made from pinyin words.
And, none of these words begins with a e i o u v.
Is this correct, Nick?
yes,you can download the pinyin input software of Chinese characters,and you will visualized look the GPSC meaning in the input software

•••
yes,you can download the pinyin input software of Chinese characters,and you will visualized look the GPSC meaning in the input software

Where can I find the PINYIN software ???

•••

what about .TV
yes,.tv maybe popular,but the prefix must a good name.
like the panda.tv, yatu.tv

•••
Well I must say I'm getting a better idea on this topic .

I wanted to ask what about a 5 L that ends in any letter even v or aeiou will that change the meaning of the domain drastically or make it csay a more brand able stylized Chinese domain?

I've seen a ton of 4l coms like zgxz as an example but how would a 5L be rated and valued at?

U c?

:xf.confused:
5L.COM will be popular in furture, a few of 5L can translate to chinese words mean, a lots of that can't be translated, and 5L.com are about 10,000,000 be registed

•••
"Acronyms can be valuable because they are made from pinyin words syllables. And, none of these words syllables begins with a e i o u v."

Because a word may have multiple syllables, like "Gǔpiào".
yes,you right!

•••
What about NNLL+ or LLNN+ style?

•••
•••
Other suffixes were no popular in chinese,because some suffixes were too longer,and a lot of chinese don't know the english suffixes mean.

Thanks for sharing your insight.

Brandon

•••
.club is gaining in popularity in China? Examples? Thank you for sharing

•••
yes ,cc is very popular in china, short and convenient input.
What do you think about .co and .in? Do these have any interest in China?

•••
Don't sell very cheaply of your chinese Letter,number,pinyin domain names
I from china,have 5 years in the domain name marketing.
let me analyze the number,letter,pinyin domain names meaning.

358.COM auction ¥2.850,000 CNY,about 456,000 USD,the"358"chinese words harmonic tone, meaning1:商务吧(shang wu ba)Biz club;
meaning2:商务发(shang wu fa)get rich with Biz,
and a lot of chinese words harmonic tone combination.

5201314.com 我爱你一生一世(wo ai ni yi sheng yi shi)mean:I love you forever

GPSC.COM:
GP=股票(Gu Piao)stock、购票(Gou Piao)get the ticket、光盘(Guang Pan) DVDs,VCDs、果品(Gou Pin)fruit、and a lot of verb and noun;
SC=市场(Shi Chang)market、商场&商城(Shang Chang&Shang Cheng)mall、蔬菜(Shu Cai)vegetable、四川(Si Chuan)The Chinese big province,have about 85,000,000 people、手册(ShouCe)handbook, 收藏(ShouCang)collect,and a lot of verb and noun,
So they are a lot of combinations, like 股票市场stock market,果品市场 fruit matket,果品蔬菜fruit & vegetable,......and go on

ChaoZhi.com:the chinese pinyin auction on godaddy about¥196,759 CNY
meaning:超值very valuable、超支overruns、抄纸writing on paper、炒制&炒至hype

Like this,They will be more valuable than the general domain names a lot. Find the value in advance that will be not sell very cheaply.

(sales plug removed - please use marketplace to sell)

You are welcome, you have started to be a great help and a light to many of us here that had a short vision of the chinese world about domaining.

I own chao-xing.com do you think it worth as much in china?
thank you

•••
@zollars Guo Hello,May I ask,do you see these as worth holding onto for a few years for possible chinese investors?
Shuikhan.com / Chihnii.com (and Chih-nii.com) / HsiWangMu.com /TianjinXingang.com ?
Thank you

•••
@zollars Guo Hello,May I ask,do you see these as worth holding onto for a few years for possible chinese investors?
Shuikhan.com / Chihnii.com (and Chih-nii.com) / HsiWangMu.com /TianjinXingang.com ?
Thank you
Oh,I am afraid "Shuikhan.com / Chihnii.com (and Chih-nii.com) / HsiWangMu.com" they are no mean in chinese pinyin,because the pinyin were wrong.
and the Tianjinxingang天津新港,it mean the new port in tianjin, Tianjin is a very big city in china,near beijing.
this is the tianjinxingang information
http://baike.baidu.com/link?url=1oQ...3cOxCsORfhNdfjM4g2vYWBMm0O3iJPgX7Wd8sLbwDOYSq

•••
Are .org domains liked by Chinese buyers? EX: LLL, LLLL

•••
Oh,I am afraid "Shuikhan.com / Chihnii.com (and Chih-nii.com) / HsiWangMu.com" they are no mean in chinese pinyin,because the pinyin were wrong.
and the Tianjinxingang天津新港,it mean the new port in tianjin, Tianjin is a very big city in china,near beijing.
this is the tianjinxingang information
http://baike.baidu.com/link?url=1oQ...3cOxCsORfhNdfjM4g2vYWBMm0O3iJPgX7Wd8sLbwDOYSq
Yeah,I was Aiming for Chinese Gods ( of wealth , of dreams) etc for those,thinking maybe theyd be valuable. Ok Thank you for taking the time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back