NameSilo

DynaDot's backorders are useless

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AndrewBY

Impact
Today I placed a backorder request on domain name. I see in whois of this domain name that it was catched successfully by Dynadot and pushed to another dynadot user. But status of my backorder request is FAILED. No 3-day auction. No really help from support. No domain name. They simply gave this domain name to another user, who did not placed any backorder, pay less money, and register domain name using API BOT.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How do you know the other party used the API to register the name ?
Anyway, it would be strange that the API beat the backorder.

•••
How do you know the other party used the API to register the name ?

he probably assumed it so since domain didn't go to the supposedly 3-day auction?

•••
I've beaten my own Dynadot back order hand registering several times.

It is ok for names you think there isn't any competition on, but it isn't for something serious.

•••

It is ok for names you think there isn't any competition on, but it isn't for something serious.
when was this? Recently? They used to work OK in the past?

•••
This is going back over the last year or two

•••

:-o

If I may ask, was that for .com or was it for some other extension?

Agree Dynadot is not the best choice for medium/high competition names.

•••
:-o If I may ask, was that for .com or was it for some other extension? Agree Dynadot is not the best choice for medium/high competition names.
nope this was not *.com

•••
:-o

If I may ask, was that for .com or was it for some other extension?

Agree Dynadot is not the best choice for medium/high competition names.
I don't recall whether the ones I hand registered were .com or not.

•••
Happened to me just yesterday. Placed orders thru both backorder and software, software won.

•••
Happened to me just yesterday. Placed orders thru both backorder and software, software won.

I just backordered a few. Can you elaborate on this software? If it's a software linked to your Dynadot account, whether the software won or the backorder, wouldn't the domain be transferred to the same account anyway?

•••
I just backordered a few. Can you elaborate on this software? If it's a software linked to your Dynadot account, whether the software won or the backorder, wouldn't the domain be transferred to the same account anyway?
This software of course https://www.namepros.com/threads/desktopcatcher-software.873819/ . Yes it's transferred to the same account, and with software it's cheaper, $8-9 against $12-15. But the question here in this thread is that DD's backorder works so bad that even API reg beats it.

•••
yesterday I fired a godaddy backorder and a dynadot backorder against the same domain.

dynadot got it for me.

•••
yesterday I fired a godaddy backorder and a dynadot backorder against the same domain.

dynadot got it for me.

GoDaddy backordering system sucks the most.

•••
dynadot backorder is useless ,i have met the same issue, i have backorder three domains ,but they all fail

•••
I have grabbed quite a few nice names through dynadot backorder. If you really want a specific name I recommend placing backorders with all of the drop catchers.

•••
I was never able to beat them with their API in the past. Now i see them get beaten by their API users. Something changed.

•••
I backordered 8 yesterday, only caught 1. Dynadot was beaten by GoDaddy on a 4L.

•••
I use dynadot backorder in case I forget to hand reg a domain name when it drops.

It is cheap and you only pay if they catch it.

I usually place backorders on Namejet snapnames pheenix dropcatch for names that I really love

•••
Hi Dotbay,

I'm the owner of prnator and I'm running a backorder program now.
The program is based on a snapnames partnership, so I know that i cannot win against snapnames but I can win against all other.

Last 30 days I succeed in snapping about 200 domains.

I would be happy if you can order domains from me to fight against other companies.

prnator's backorder program is there http://domains.prnator.com/index.php?p=backorders

David.

•••
Today I placed a backorder request on domain name. I see in whois of this domain name that it was catched successfully by Dynadot and pushed to another dynadot user. But status of my backorder request is FAILED. No 3-day auction. No really help from support. No domain name. They simply gave this domain name to another user, who did not placed any backorder, pay less money, and register domain name using API BOT.
Was it simply renewed? I use the backorder there but I don't actually request a backorder. I put them in my watchlist and then if they drop all the way I register them.

There are some that I can't live without. I usually win those.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back