Domain Empire

discuss Email marketing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

platey

Top Member
Impact
It won't be long before email marketing is banned

if some bod put takeaway menus or junk mail in your letterbox every 5 mins how long before the powers be removed them from your doorstep?

Weeks? Months?

within the hour more like

in the u k there are no cold calling zones which are pretty much everywhere and rightly so

a person s email inbox should also be a no cold calling zone

mine now is

every website design SEO logo service email is now recorded and compiled in to a file and monitored
and the names are probably fad etc as are probably the data used to register the email addresses etc but i am concentrating more on the patterns and sequences and times that the emails are sent

there should be a $10,000 fine per junk email sent

but more importantly especially in the u k there should be a junk email service where people can simply print off the spam email and remove their own details and post the spam
email for free to the powers that be
so that the people sending the dire rubbish and being a general nuisance to society can be Finland made go stop

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
as much as i like domain names etc i enjoy the finding of domains the fun bit but websites aren't really necessary -
back in the day people still done business and probably more business was done then because people used common sense and didn't have to waste half their day deleting repetitive unwanted rubbish from their email inbox

•••
Email marketing is sending a commercial message, typically to a group of people, using email. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing. It usually involves using email to send advertisements, request business, or solicit sales or donations, and is meant to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness. Email marketing can be done to either sold lists or a current customer database. Broadly, the term is usually used to refer to sending email messages with the purpose of enhancing the relationship of a merchant with its current or previous customers, to encourage customer loyalty and repeat business, acquiring new customers or convincing current customers to purchase something immediately, and adding ads to email messages sent by other companies to their customers.

•••
well thought out post

but if a person deems it as spam after it first appears in their email
which they are entitled to do as it is their email inbox and they should be able to decide not to receive rubbish sent daily every single day

the problem is that the person receiving the spam rubbish every day currently has no way of stopping it from being sent

although it won't be that long before people just print of the spam rubbish and hand it to their lawyers to deal with and prosecute
for compo

due to email providers not being able to prevent such continual rubbish appearing in peoples email inboxes

Last edited:
•••
It all boils down to economics. Sending one billion spams costs next to nothing. One day maybe there will be a charge for each E-mail sent and the days of Internet neutrality will be over too.

The current whois system also leaves domain holders open to abuse and spam, because privacy is not built-in.
Contrast this with the models followed with some ccTLD: they either don't show full details like E-mail address or you have to solve a captcha on the registry website to obtain more information. Result: no bulk access to personal data and spammers are frustrated.
Icann, are you listening ?

•••
no one minds a genuine one off inbound offer of a decent domain name or to make a firm offer to buy a domain etc

but constant website SEO and logo spam only destroys the reputation of the industry they represent

whois listing should be privacy enabled as standard and domain name owners communicate directly with their registrars stating what emails if any they allow to be received etc

•••
Email marketing is delivering a commercial message, typically to a people, using e-mail. In its broadest, every e-mail sent to a potential or current customer could be considered e-mail promoting.

•••
Copied straight from Wikipedia...https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_marketing

Email marketing is sending a commercial message, typically to a group of people, using email. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing. It usually involves using email to send advertisements, request business, or solicit sales or donations, and is meant to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness. Email marketing can be done to either sold lists or a current customer database. Broadly, the term is usually used to refer to sending email messages with the purpose of enhancing the relationship of a merchant with its current or previous customers, to encourage customer loyalty and repeat business, acquiring new customers or convincing current customers to purchase something immediately, and adding ads to email messages sent by other companies to their customers

•••
•••
I used to send 100-150 mails per day manually using 3-4 email accounts but now, it is now allowed to send more than 10 emails.

•••
It all boils down to economics. Sending one billion spams costs next to nothing. One day maybe there will be a charge for each E-mail sent and the days of Internet neutrality will be over too.

The current whois system also leaves domain holders open to abuse and spam, because privacy is not built-in.
Contrast this with the models followed with some ccTLD: they either don't show full details like E-mail address or you have to solve a captcha on the registry website to obtain more information. Result: no bulk access to personal data and spammers are frustrated.
Icann, are you listening ?

This.

When I register a .ca domain, I get no spam/offers whatsoever.

&Interested parties can still contact me using: https://services.cira.ca/agree/mdf/index.action

It's beautiful. :xf.love:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back