Domain Empire

Estibot still relevant?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Since estibot says Instagram.com is worth $0, while giving related search results of $15k
is it a reliable tool for every domain or just dictionary words?
zkkbdi.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can see that its incorrect just click on where it shows 2,600 avg keyword Search ,You will see googles correct search ,googles results are About 4,900,000,000 results (0.67 seconds) ,I normally double check as well and also use http://domainindex.com/domains/instagram.com ,

Last edited:
•••
You can see that its incorrect just click on where it shows 2,600 avg keyword Search ,You will see googles correct search ,googles results are About 4,900,000,000 results (0.67 seconds) ,I normally double check as well and also use http://domainindex.com/domains/instagram.com ,
I'm going to suggest that you are confusing SEARCH with RESULTS.

Search is the number of times people search for a keyword/phrase.
Results are the number of pages that match the kw/phrase you have searched.

As to whether Estibot is "relevant", I don't think it has ever truly been "relevant". It's just a tool that can be used for many purposes both good and bad. (I use it mostly for entertainment...)

Pricing is not really a science with set of definable rules. It's more of a black art consisting of good instincts + negotiation skills + a fair portion amount of dumb luck.

My .02...

DISCLAIMER
I'm not calling in to question all the hard work the developers have put in to Estibot and its wealth of info. I'm just stating that I think the enduser has to understand what it is providing so that the of the site can use it most appropriately and effectively.

I thank the developers for creating the site respect what they've put together!

Last edited:
•••
Great content filler..

My domain(dot)whatever is appraised at x number at Estibot..

Basically just another tool to use when researching and or promoting.

Just my opinion

•••
Yes indeed, but there are people who demand certain estibot rating or wont even consider buying your domain, so in the end it's just their personal preference on tools? can we provide them with "alternative facts"? lol

•••
Since estibot says Instagram.com is worth $0, while giving related search results of $15k
is it a reliable tool for every domain or just dictionary words?
zkkbdi.png

I believe they purposely exclude blatant trademarks from returning a valuation result. Try Google.com, Nike.com.

Those related domains for sale are not valuations - they are merely the prices of those domains that are listed on marketplaces.

•••
can we provide them with
"alternative facts"? lol
Well.. you can overwhelm them with facts..Google/Bing searches, previous similar domain sales..Alexa ranking..way back history..even (if good salesman), your dog like it..

•••
Is it relevant? Sure. I use it every day.

Brad

•••
A name like Facebook would not have any value if Facebook had not developed it into a business, and nobody would ever need to evaluate Facebook because Facebook is not ever looking to sell. There is no way Facebook can ever permanently lose their domain because of legal protections. For this reason it is hard to make the case that the domain is a marketable "asset". If Facebook ceased to exist the domain's value would drop to almost nothing, and there is no way for Facebook to lose the domain as long as they exist as a company, so ascribing a value to the name here is not a useful activity for a valuation bot.

The words "face" and "book" do not relate to each other in any meaningful way, so the only way to make an algorithm compute the value correctly would be to manually insert an estimated net worth of the existing Facebook company into the data used by the program. Even to just get the data for every company in existence is way beyond feasibility and way outside the scope of developing a domain name valuation bot. You have to view Estibot as appraising a domain solely by the qualities of its name, without any significant insight into how the domain is currently being used. Estibot (in theory) can estimate the value of a name, but not a company.

Last edited:
•••
Yes indeed, but there are people who demand certain estibot rating or wont even consider buying your domain, so in the end it's just their personal preference on tools? can we provide them with "alternative facts"? lol
I SOOOO wish some buyers would have demanded an Estibot valuation for certain domains I've owned over the years.

I've had a handful that Estibot suggested a 5 digit range which I valued at low to mid 4 digits at best. But what do I know? Each week I am dumbfounded by the selling price of at least 1 or 2 domains (if not more) on DNJournal's weekly roundup of sales. :wtf:

I suppose if I was a better salesman and/or better dn picker I'd be retired by now. :arghh:

•••
Estibot is probably the most accurate of all the automated Appraisal sites I reckon.

It's about the only one where its valuations get frequently quoted on auction sites such as Flippa.

So, while it may not be perfect it does give some indication of a domain's worth.

•••
is it a reliable tool

With the exception of 4L .coms I have acquired, I have never purchased a domain in the modern era without running them through estibot.

It is clearly the best information provider of all the automated tools...it is always fun to see what it comes up with...glad they developed it and hope they continue tweaking the program.

btw, it would be nice if they (estibot) provide name pro members with a significant discount code!!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back