NameSilo

poll Euro 2016....Who will you be supporting??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who will win Euro 2016

• 83 votes
  • Ended 8 years ago
  • Final results

AndyM

Web development services, visit KingdomDesign.comTop Member
Impact
I love this time of year. Weather it's the euros or the world cup, I'll watch any football (soccer) Unfortunately, as a Scotsman I've not had my home country to support since the world cup in France 1998 :(

Today see's the kick off of Euro 2016 and as a Scotsman it is even worse as every other home nation has qualified, England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland. Normally I support whoever is playing against England but, I think I have finally grown up and developed a respect and appreciation for England. This being said, it means in no way I'll be supporting them and cheering their goals but I wish them well.

I would like to see Belgium do well but I would be very happy to see Spain win the competition....

Who will you be supporting?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I said I wouldnt be surprised if I see Italy win and based on tonights evidence , I think suddenly they are strong candidates.

•••
I'm living in Lyon, France, and having a lot of fun every night in the fan zone. My city is hosting 5 or 6 games including a semi-final. Supporters from all over Europe are coming every day. Great atmosphere.

And of course, France will win. The two last times we hosted a big competition, we won (Euro 1984 ; World Cup 1998). :D[/QUOTE

France have got lots of talented players but they should try to score more goals and bench Giroud who misfires and waste chances.We'll see what happens when teams move to the next round.

•••
I said I wouldn't be surprised if I see Italy win and based on tonight's evidence,I think suddenly they are strong candidates.

I like Italy today and they won convincingly .Italy is known for their defense.Let's see what happens in next round.

•••
Today only saw 2 games played. The result were......

Austria 0 - 2 Hungary
Portugal 1 - 1 Iceland

•••
Portugal just didn't play as I expected and Ronaldo didn't do much .Nice game by Iceland.Hungary converted their chances nicely.

•••
Ok, so that's every country played one game, what do you think so far from what you've seen? I have adjusted the poll so if you want you change your vote for the next 24 hours, then it will be locked in.

Currently Germany lead with 16 votes and England in 2nd with 9 votes.

•••
Nice game by Slovakia scoring 2 stunning goals against Russia.It's getting hot out there.

•••
Slovakia won with wildlings.
2:1
Congrats to Slovakia!

•••
Portugal its everytime the same, too much belived, have one gool and players think win the game, aswell the trainer change the peopple to late to reverse the numbers

•••
My legs because they support me :P

•••
Today's results

Romania 1-1 Switzerland
Russia 1-2 Slovakia
France 2-0 Albania

•••
Nice game by France and benching Pogba was a huge mistake.Giroud shouldn't start as a striker next time.

•••
Portugal its everytime the same, too much belived, have one gool and players think win the game, aswell the trainer change the peopple to late to reverse the numbers
Next game Quaresma must play the full game. He is in great form at the moment and can destabilize any defense. Also maybe bring in Renato to midfield and substitute Vieirinha by Fonte at the back.

There you have it... the winning formula

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-07%20at%202,11,45%20PM.png

•••
Next game Quaresma must play the full game. He is in great form at the moment and can destabilize any defense. Also maybe bring in Renato to midfield and substitute Vieirinha by Fonte at the back.

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-07%20at%202,11,45%20PM.png

The problem with Portugal is they don't play like a team like Germany and France.Too much individual play upfront and they underrate other teams.I don't see them winning the Euro and it's better to get knocked out early so the game can be more interesting and Ronaldo can then blame the refs :P.

It's all about teamwork and not about one player.

•••
You missed Hungary from the poll! :-/

Could you change it with Netherlands so I can vote asap?

Thanks!B-)

•••

Its that, quaresma and renato enter to later, we could not win the euros but trust we will go far

The problem with Portugal is they don't play like a team like Germany and France.Too much individual play upfront and they underrate other teams.I don't see them winning the Euro and it's better to get knocked out early so the game can be more interesting and Ronaldo can then blame the refs :P.

you are very right, portugal its bit stagerous, also all team are in different club, hard to adapt all together.

it was only the first game! was nice france on own country dont play good, and to your information the
referee was not fear ! and i dont wanna say the other team dont play good, because was playing good, but all dont like all hard to understand, lets roll and i hope portugal can go far! today albania, maybe the last line team was play very nice with france!

•••

There's a famous quote by English football player Gary Lineker who said the following after losing the 1990 World Cup semifinal to Germany on penalties:

“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”

So, we all know that Germany is always a top contender, along with Italy, France, Spain and Holland, which unfortunately didn't make it this time.

Then you have the rest. Among the rest there is usually a surprise team that makes it to the last 4. Hopefully Portugal will make it, but for that to happen... the coach needs to read my previous post and he needs to bring these girls to all the training sessions:
bela_portuguesa.jpg

•••
There's a famous quote by English football player Gary Lineker who said the following after losing the 1990 World Cup semifinal to Germany on penalties:

“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”

So, we all know that Germany is always a top contender, along with Italy, France, Spain and Holland, which unfortunately didn't make it this time.

Then you have the rest. Among the rest there is usually a surprise team that makes it to the last 4. Hopefully Portugal will make it, but for that to happen... the coach needs to read my previous post and he needs to bring these girls to all the training session.

:P:P:P:P:P.Wouldn't the girls be a distraction to ''Speedo'' wearing Ronaldo?Next thing is to take them on his yacht and post pictures everywhere.

•••
German Team play way better and midfield reminds me of why Mercedez Benz drives so good.I won't underrate any team but I am sure there is an upset happening soon as we move to the next round.

•••
:P:P:P:P:P.Wouldn't the girls be a distraction to ''Speedo'' wearing Ronaldo?Next thing is to take them on his yacht and post pictures everywhere.
The girls would be to lift the spirits and other things of all Portuguese players.

Then we will put these girls dancing the "Macarena" or something "bouncy" behind our goalkeeper to distract our opponents. We could even rest CR7 for a few games.
l_c788fc5e.jpg

•••
The vardy goal was a clear offside.I dont see why the assistant referee wouldn't flag that. England won't win Euro anyway.

Wales should move on to draw next game or win.

•••
Came off the defenders head.. not offside ;)

•••
Came off the defenders head.. not offside ;)
Oh ok.Thanks for clarifying that as I was still awake and saw the highlight only when I woke up.Good luck to you and England :P.

•••
I thought Ukraine was going to win Northern Ireland? Competition is getting more interesting.Next Match Germany vs Poland.Let me see what the German Machines can do.

•••
Today's results

England 2-1 Wales
Ukraine 0-2 Northern Ireland
Germany 0-0 Poland

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back