Dynadot

Facebook 'Likes' reveal more about you than you think

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

latestn

Established Member
Impact
Using a dataset of more than 58,000 U.S. Facebook users, University of Cambridge researchers predicted race, age, IQ, sexuality, personality, substance use and political views using Likes alone.(source: usatoday)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You should link to the source article.

•••
It's nothing new. Youtube is also doing this.

•••
Yes, would like to read the source. Please post.

•••
•••
People have more than one facebook account, using them with different personalities. Doing such re-searches are just a waste of time.
It is way to normal to understand a person just by watching his movements.

•••
Facebook has already come out and stated that there are a predicted 83 million fake or duplicate FB accounts out there (source CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/02/tech/social-media/facebook-fake-accounts )

I hope the company doing research looked at all 58K to make sure they were actually real people. Not to mention, 58K is a tiny number when we are talking about Facebook..That's like what, a half of a percent of the people on there, lol.

•••
I saw this on the news recently.

I wish the researchers provided a reason as to how one's intelligence can be determined by liking curly fries or Lady Antebellum.
Let's say someone likes both. Would the person be considered as someone with an average intelligence because s/he likes curly fries which is an indication for high intelligence while Lady Antebellum denotes low intelligence?

•••
I guess i'lll like this post!

•••
High Tech Laminating Machines

Face is social media site & this is helpful in ranking. Sharing of information of blog post & Article in circle or friends who likes our sharing information & increase link building process.

•••
I saw this on the news recently.

I wish the researchers provided a reason as to how one's intelligence can be determined by liking curly fries or Lady Antebellum.
Let's say someone likes both. Would the person be considered as someone with an average intelligence because s/he likes curly fries which is an indication for high intelligence while Lady Antebellum denotes low intelligence?

Personally, I think anyone who likes anything is of low intelligence :) You're merely providing free market research so they can target you with better ads... You might as well just hand them your wallet.

•••
lets see the result for this....

•••
lets see...................

•••
yes, it is a good source of content popularity. Google also gives weightage to it.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

You should link to the source article.
which article you are talking about.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back