Dynadot

question Few Crazy Questions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vindo

Established Member
Impact
Hello Experts,

I am going to ask you a question, it may be a basic question for many of you but sometimes I am trapped in it. Please, try to answer the questions considering I am just a 'New Member'. By the way I tried to contact some registrars regarding this but they do not answer to the point, maybe NamePros is 'The Place' to get my questions answered.

So, here is the case...

My mind makes a phrase and thinks for at least a search on the registrars' site to see whether it is 'Available' or not. When I search it, the registrar says 'Unavailable' / 'Premium' sometimes 'Make Offer'.

1...says 'Unavailable' :- Can I resister other available domain extensions if '.com' is unavailable ?

2...says 'Premium' :- Can I resister other available (Non-Premium) domains ?

3...says 'Make Offer' :- That means some third person/party is selling that domain. He/she may be someone like me (a domain investor). He/she has not registered any trademark and has No website running on That domain name. So,
Can I resister other domain extension on my name ?
Will it be any kind of Legal/ Trademark/ Copyright issue? As 'Trademarkia' cannot be used to evaluate their Trademark/Copyright status.

#Please do not avoid these questions. If in hurry just say few words.

Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes, No or maybe

But....10 thousands words...

Last edited:
•••
1. Yes, there are hundreds of other domain extensions that you can explore if the .com version is taken.

2. Yes, although the domain in that particular extension you searched for was a "premium" domain, the same keyword in other extensions might not be.

3. Yes of course you can. No, there will not be any kind of trademark issue. It's your name after all. Unless you're called like... Google or Tesla or Macbook. Not a trademark expert in ANY way but idk how that'll play out if your name is a registered trademark.

•••
•••
1. Yes, there are hundreds of other domain extensions that you can explore if the .com version is taken.

2. Yes, although the domain in that particular extension you searched for was a "premium" domain, the same keyword in other extensions might not be.

3. Yes of course you can. No, there will not be any kind of trademark issue. It's your name after all. Unless you're called like... Google or Tesla or Macbook. Not a trademark expert in ANY way but idk how that'll play out if your name is a registered trademark.

Sorry to create confusion by saying "Can I resister other domain extension on my name ?" By saying this, I simply means for my portfolio.

Let me clarify by taking an example...

If "Cat.com" is 'Unavailable' / 'Premium' / 'Make Offer' then
Are my questions:-
are Valid

#Please consider them after this.

•••
Sorry to create confusion by saying "Can I resister other domain extension on my name ?" By saying this, I simply means for my portfolio.

Let me clarify by taking an example...

If "Cat.com" is 'Unavailable' / 'Premium' / 'Make Offer' then
Are my questions:-
are Valid

#Please consider them after this.
It looks like a same question and answer, are you concerning more about trademark issue or your selling chances?

•••
It looks like a same question and answer, are you concerning more about trademark issue or your selling chances?
I think @ShawnTeo misunderstood my last question. So, I am just clarifying on that.

and @Jimmysun, I being a newbie, this trademark thing always haunts me.

Last edited:
•••
I think @ShawnTeo misunderstood my last question. So, I am just clarifying on that.

and @Jimmysun, I being a newbie, this trademark thing always haunts me.
Yeah, this is a question being discussing over and over again, depend on many factors and laws,
you can take a foray by watching this little video, and there are so many related articles in Nampros by searching keywords UDRP/WIPO in search bar.
https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-getting-started/trademark-basics

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back