NameSilo

First Thread of 2015: Which were Top Domain Parking Sites for 2014

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

zaki.ahmed

Established Member
Impact
Hello Friends, I am back with my post to share with you and know about your views on Best Parking Companies of 2014
Before that you can see the trends in Parking Companies and Users opinion since 2012 below.

I Shared the same Thread for the year 2012 here
https://www.namepros.com/threads/first-thread-of-2014-which-were-top-domain-parking-sites-for-2013.813192/

I Shared the similar Thread for the year 2013 here
https://www.namepros.com/threads/first-thread-of-2013-which-were-top-three-domain-parking-sites-for-2012.780394/

Please share which were the Top Domain Parking Sites for 2014 for your Domain portfolio. Please post why mentioned sites were good for your domain portfolio.

This will help us get familiar with the change in Domain Parking Sites, as few sites which were not so good early may come out good now and similarly vice-verse.

For me It was

Bodis ( Very Easiest to Signup/Approval, You can signup if you have couple of Domain Name also, Quickest Payout among others Nett 7 Days, NO Minimum Threshold if you earn 1 $ also you get paid.They keep coming with new updates and changes which is a good sign that Bodis is concerned about there users and there growth in future, recently I have not used Bodis in second Half of 2014, planning to start using again, Support has improved now and you have a active Support Thread here on NamePros Also

Voodoo ( Signup if you have 10 Good Domains at least, Support is very good, I wish Voodoo Change the Nett Pay from 30 Days to Nett 15 Days or 7 Days, Minimum Threshold is of 20 US $ to get paid

ParkingCrew ( Signup if you have Good quality Domains,Support is again very good and quick, ParkingCrew Pay Nett 13-15 Days. Same like Bodis, they have been making changes, updates regularly which is a good sign that ParkingCrew is concerned about there users and there growth in future and a sign of trying to provide best services to users. Minimum Threshold is of 20 US $ to get paid

DomainSponsor
DomainSponsor was taken over by RookMedia in 2014, after that there were many changes to website interface etc, They Pay Nett 7 Days Like Bodis, DomainSponsor signup and approval may take time for new users, and there first Payout may take time of upto 2-3 Months, after that they Pay Nett 7 Days, So new Domainers and first Time Domain Parking Users may have little problem, Here they can Go with Bodis.com
Minimum Threshold is of 50 US $ to get paid

RookMedia
RookMedia I have not used much, now RookMedia and DomainSponsor Interface looks little similar
Minimum Threshold is of 100 US $ to get paid

DomainNameSales.com
I have started using DNS in last few months of 2014, DNS is perfect platform for selling and Parking, They Pay Nett 30 Days and minimum threshold is 100 US$ , they are again on Two Click model, so its not fair to compare them with other Parking Company as revenue will be little higher, But they are Best for Sales+Parking solution, Approval is not easy and you may need good amount of quality Domains to get there approval.

Please share your view

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well, you are lucky. I managed to buy a couple of domains that got eventually banned bc of that exact thing.

Fortunately, I always let the parking services know from day one if I suspect that a domain behaves in a weird manner.
And kudos to all parking services that have responded to my warnings. They have been extremely helpful in keeping an eye on such domains and protecting both of us from unnecessary situations

I let them know as well however its usually after several days of seeing strange referer traffic. They're usually on it before I get to telling them. Such a pain!

•••
I let them know as well however its usually after several days of seeing strange referer traffic. They're usually on it before I get to telling them. Such a pain!

true... for me things are more simple, if I notice 100% type-in traffic on a domain that shouldn't have type-in traffic, it automatically triggers an alarm.

•••
can new registered name generate revenue when parked. if no which does? and where csn i get such names? thanks

•••
Newly registered domains won't generally generate any parking revenue except if they have been registered before and have existing backlinks. A far fetched example might be that you register a domain, and the exact match keywords suddenly comes into the news. Domains with backlinks are usually the domains which can generate revenue. You can usually pick these up in the expiring auctions. Be aware that the traffic mentioned on these auction websites, are usually not very accurate, and also the backlinks need to be relevant for your parking keywords.

•••
Newly registered domains won't generally generate any parking revenue except if they have been registered before and have existing backlinks. A far fetched example might be that you register a domain, and the exact match keywords suddenly comes into the news. Domains with backlinks are usually the domains which can generate revenue. You can usually pick these up in the expiring auctions. Be aware that the traffic mentioned on these auction websites, are usually not very accurate, and also the backlinks need to be relevant for your parking keywords.
okay thanks
do you advice i go for deleted domains with backlinks or stick expiring auction
And the backlinks: is it external backlink or internal backlinks

Last edited:
•••
The obvious answer to that is the farther you get along the deletion path, the less attractive a domain is for parking. Pre-Release Auctions like GoDaddy and of SnapNames/Namejet, provide the best opportunities. After they are over, then Deleting Domains are mopping up the Pre-Release Auctions dregs. At the very bottom of the chain is the hand-registering of domains after they have dropped, and not picked up in the Deleting Domain Auctions or by the likes of HugeDomains. Of course you can always find exceptions, but they are few and far between. Not something you can rinse and repeat on a regular basis.

IMO, you can find domains with (external) backlinks both at Pre-Release and Deleting Domain Auctions, but probably those found in the Deleting Domain Auctions will generally be of inferior quality to those found in Pre-Release Auctions. YMMV.

•••
Domains purchased during auction are expensive, you should select properly

•••
than
The obvious answer to that is the farther you get along the deletion path, the less attractive a domain is for parking. Pre-Release Auctions like GoDaddy and of SnapNames/Namejet, provide the best opportunities. After they are over, then Deleting Domains are mopping up the Pre-Release Auctions dregs. At the very bottom of the chain is the hand-registering of domains after they have dropped, and not picked up in the Deleting Domain Auctions or by the likes of HugeDomains. Of course you can always find exceptions, but they are few and far between. Not something you can rinse and repeat on a regular basis.

IMO, you can find domains with (external) backlinks both at Pre-Release and Deleting Domain Auctions, but probably those found in the Deleting Domain Auctions will generally be of inferior quality to those found in Pre-Release Auctions. YMMV.
thanks for your help

•••
please more questions:

Aside quality backlinks
what other things should one check before buying a domain for parking.
thanks

•••
Is the domain banned by Google, fail.namewest.com. Were there any clicks and revenue recently (very difficult to establish). Number of Google Searches (>1000 - although searches are a completely different animal to visitors) the CPC (>$1 - which you might receive $0.2 on any future clicks), value of keywords. Even after checking all these, you still might not receive any visitors or clicks because you are buying on uncertain data.

•••
thanks very much.
Is the domain banned by Google, fail.namewest.com. Were there any clicks and revenue recently (very difficult to establish). Number of Google Searches (>1000 - although searches are a completely different animal to visitors) the CPC (>$1 - which you might receive $0.2 on any future clicks), value of keywords. Even after checking all these, you still might not receive any visitors or clicks because you are buying on uncertain data.
thanks alot for your time and advice.
would you mind Analyzing this domain for me: 97lm(dot)com
Sorry i already backordered it before i saw this thread. thanks

•••
Sorry, I don't do work, which you are supposed to do for yourself.

•••
thanks for everyones input on pages / topics like this. Given its a not a UC employee marketing (lol) , this really helps out lots of people (including me)with decisions on parking, should they sell a traffic domain or quick flip, where should they park, why, etc.. The point i liked the most was the continual updates, as yes, this shows that they are still walking forward and not standing still. Thats the main thing for me, park at a website, and conveniently right when your about to get paid that nice little lump they had a permanent unexpected shutdown and their TOS state if this was to occur the money accumulated up until then that wasn't already paid out would be waived, leaving them unliable. Im sure most paring sites have this and its only understandable, but when you see updates, making changes for the better, even on a monthly basis, gives you more peace of mind that they aren't going to cash in and shut down shop at any point in time. Anyways, thank you to OP and to all other contributing members to this and other informational threads. -- Chris D.

•••
internettraffic.com or voodoo.com...which would you choose? this would be purely for parking, not domain sales.

•••
internettraffic.com is very hard to be approved. ( need around 1000 domains :-o)
So voodoo will be wise.

•••
I can narrow it down a tad.. not sedo or Godaddy Unless you enjoy advertising web hosting on a Health domain and get .01 per every 6 clicks.. .. I am trying out ParkingCrew since yesterday so will take a while to tell whats going on. as of now I am getting no stats. I have 80 more to move their way if they show some action. I Have read countless forums across the net about PC so had to try. I have read more good about them than anyone else.

•••
I can narrow it down a tad.. not sedo or Godaddy Unless you enjoy advertising web hosting on a Health domain and get .01 per every 6 clicks.. .. I am trying out ParkingCrew since yesterday so will take a while to tell whats going on. as of now I am getting no stats. I have 80 more to move their way if they show some action. I Have read countless forums across the net about PC so had to try. I have read more good about them than anyone else.

I got banned twice from them in the first 2 weeks over a name that was doing almost nothing at Voodoo and at Bodis. Never been banned from anywhere since I started parking in 2003! Twice in 2 weeks in 2015. Moved my entire portfolio to PC and about 6-7 days in I could no long log in. Then it happened again after I asked them to remove the offending name. Somehow the name was added back and I hadnt changed the name servers yet. I do not control the traffic going to these names.

With nearly 500 names its not easy to track them all and see if the traffic is "good". I dont even know what bad traffic looks like. Simple thing is to ban the name, delete it for me - something, but ban my account? After the 2nd ban all of my other names stopped performing. Moved back to Bodis, very happy there.

•••
I got banned twice from them in the first 2 weeks over a name that was doing almost nothing at Voodoo and at Bodis. Never been banned from anywhere since I started parking in 2003! Twice in 2 weeks in 2015. Moved my entire portfolio to PC and about 6-7 days in I could no long log in. Then it happened again after I asked them to remove the offending name. Somehow the name was added back and I hadnt changed the name servers yet. I do not control the traffic going to these names.

With nearly 500 names its not easy to track them all and see if the traffic is "good". I dont even know what bad traffic looks like. Simple thing is to ban the name, delete it for me - something, but ban my account? After the 2nd ban all of my other names stopped performing. Moved back to Bodis, very happy there.
If I was in you I'll be really interested to go deep in this case because bodis Is great but tipically PC bring higher revenues (also more than 2 times) so you are losing money.
Usually an account ban happens when your charge back would be higher than 100% of your revenues.
So you should see a domain or a bulk of names that have an irregular behavior (example 10 times the bodis revenues, traffic from irrelevant backlinks and so on)

•••
Probably was more than 100% of the revenues as the account was new. I may revisit them if you say they're overall better, but that was not a pleasant experience.

•••
Probably was more than 100% of the revenues as the account was new. I may revisit them if you say they're overall better, but that was not a pleasant experience.
i've been buying domains for parking purpose only during last 4 years so i'm 100% sure that PC and voodoo rocks for parking revenues.
Also bodis is not bad for certain domains and earn more than other places but for the average PC is the king, at least for my traffic but i'm sure there are tons of other people that could you confirm this.

Only in order to give the best advice, how much are you making in parking with bodis for 500 domains?
i think also that you buy names in order to resell them, am I right?

•••
i've been buying domains for parking purpose only during last 4 years so i'm 100% sure that PC and voodoo rocks for parking revenues.
Also bodis is not bad for certain domains and earn more than other places but for the average PC is the king, at least for my traffic but i'm sure there are tons of other people that could you confirm this.

Only in order to give the best advice, how much are you making in parking with bodis for 500 domains?
i think also that you buy names in order to resell them, am I right?

I would much rather sell them. Back in the day, 2003-04-05, even into 06, parking was doing me very well. Close to $1000 a month. I sold many of those names AND parking itself have changed many times since 06, so I wont try to compare anymore. But for my portfolio to make about $10-15 a month at Voodoo or Bodis is depressing. So yea, I'd rather sell the names. I enjoy the sales process and I will never see that sort of ROI in parking.

•••
ParkingCrew made many new changes this year based on feedback from the user.
Recent one is stats showing the number of times for Sale link was viewed/clicked.

•••
I believe there is no black or white answer. Users simply have to try which domain works best on each platform, so there shouldnt be generalisations. Where domain will work the best depends on many factors, like the country of origin of traffic, the number of visitors, the CPC and keywords, whether domain is on primary or secondary feed and so on. So new users shouldnt generalise and should try to get into at least 4,5 parking providers and try them for at least 1 month. Later on gaining experience, you could luckily guess which 2 would outperform with given parameters.

•••
The New DNS blue lander page converts well, did anyone experienced positive change after recent DNS updates
DNS= DomainNameSales(.com)

•••
Has anyone tried above.com for optimisation? It sounds great in theory. How did it work out in practice?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back