IT.COM

Flippa domain catalogue

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Wondering if many others have had luck selling domains through the flippa domain catalogue.

I have had a total of 4 sales now directly through the service.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
may be a silly question, but is there a way to see all of the domains listed in someones catalog? Or to be able to link to my domain catalog through a url?

•••
check my link in my sig ;) i think you can also see them all by clicking on the persons domain then it will display a link for their catalog

•••
•••
both mate auctions and catalog listings

•••
think your right there mate just going to change the link now thanks

•••
I couldn't agree more there are hundreds of appraisals with the same thing being said over and over again and then there are others that actually take the time to really appraise others domains in a constructive way

Consider it done. I'll confirm when it is official.

•••
may be a silly question, but is there a way to see all of the domains listed in someones catalog? Or to be able to link to my domain catalog through a url?

Not silly at all.

It's actually something at the top of our list for 2015:

First thing's first -- domainers don't have Catalogs. They have Portfolios.
(right?!)

So we're going to be rebranding as such.

You and every other seller will have EASY access to your domain Portfolio within the Flippa marketplace. This link will be easy to find, your buyers will be easily able to locate it, and you will be easily able to share with others.

It will be free to upload your entire portfolio which, in the coming weeks/months, will see vast improvements -- including but not limited to Bulk Upload capabilities, Bulk Editing capabilities, and as always, the ability to push to auction at any time.

Lastly, we'll be delving into Portfolio Management tools and services down the line. I'm really hoping to have a dialogue with all of you as to what more you *need* or *want* in a domain marketplace, and how we can make your domain buying and selling experience easier, more intuitive and of course safer and less frustrating!

•••
•••
Also following an initial offer on a domain from a buyer, it would be nice to have access to contact that individual.

•••
Also following an initial offer on a domain from a buyer, it would be nice to have access to contact that individual.
Wouldn't some people attempt to finalize the sale outside of the sales channel?

As for portfolio management, the one that is easiest / most automated wins.
I use several registrars, some with 100's of names each. If a management tool can Hoover those all up, without me typing a lot, that is the winner.

•••
I definately concur with the hits/visitors counter suggested by bretttina.
It will go a long way in helping sellers monitor their catalogue and knowing which domain name is doing well and which one to push to auction at what time.
Kindly look into it @kevin, its very important.
Josh.

•••
Well I have had no luck with Flippa tried many times. Neither with listings on NamePros! So not sure what wrong I am doing.

•••
quick question:
In the catalog, if the min offer is listed for $1 does that mean, if somebody bids a dollar, it will be accepted? Ie i have to sell?

•••
I had 2 lowball ebay type offers so far and when I counter they cant even compete. honestly If Flippa wants to be a REAL player in the domain market and weasel out all the bad apples going forward any NEW member who is serious about buying either websites or domains will have to wire or send in a $500 deposit which can be used towards any purchase of a domain/website.

This way serious players in the game can show they can do this. Hell car auctions do the same thing. Could you imagine if they did not how many non payers they would have. Not to mention many domains go for way more then the purchase of a new or classic car.

•••
quick question:
In the catalog, if the min offer is listed for $1 does that mean, if somebody bids a dollar, it will be accepted? Ie i have to sell?
no, you can accept the $1 offer or counter it with a higher offer. I simply set my min offer to something over $100 and then you wont get lowballers. I also find it better to have a buy it now price too.

•••
Yes I agree to set a minimum base while selling so that you dont end up getting $1 bids every other day. The issue I feel is visibility. And other is domain perception. I sometimes see some silly names go for XXXX amounts and some great domains for not even mid or low XXX. I too have a number of domains on sale at flippa as also off and on list on namepros forum, but most offers if any are too low to even respond to. Not sure but I think someone with good marketing skills may do well at selling even basic domains for higher rates that you would.

•••
I decided to give this a go and added some of my names to my catalog. Will see how it goes.

•••
no, you can accept the $1 offer or counter it with a higher offer. I simply set my min offer to something over $100 and then you wont get lowballers. I also find it better to have a buy it now price too.
ahh awesome. Thanks :)

•••
The options are endless for the domain catalog.

I have had a few cases where i receive an offer eg. $40 i counter at $800, buyer comes up to $200, i counter at $750 and they reject. So, after all that the negotiations are done, no sale made, no more communication is allowed with buyer. I would like to see a few changes made to this process:

1. would be great if the seller could submit another counter offer, if one was rejected.
2. would be nice to be able to communicate with the buyer after they have rejected an offer
3. would be a great idea to be able to send the domain name to auction using the buyers highest offer as the starting bid, even if they rejected a counter offer, their highest offer is still binding. Both flippa and sellers would benefit from this.

Also so everyone here is aware, if you scroll way back in this thread i had asked flippa staff if it would be possible to add a views counter to domains listed in the domain catalog. Well, flippa has agreed it would help to create a better experience for their sellers and they are currently working on integrating this into the domain catalog. I have to say that flippa staff is by far the easiest to deal with of most marketplaces and they really appreciate feedback from sellers.

•••
Yep scroll back and as i said that it was very important to have a stats counter right from the beginning really is very important to monitoring all of our names

•••
The options are endless for the domain catalog.

I have had a few cases where i receive an offer eg. $40 i counter at $800, buyer comes up to $200, i counter at $750 and they reject. So, after all that the negotiations are done, no sale made, no more communication is allowed with buyer. I would like to see a few changes made to this process:

1. would be great if the seller could submit another counter offer, if one was rejected.
2. would be nice to be able to communicate with the buyer after they have rejected an offer
3. would be a great idea to be able to send the domain name to auction using the buyers highest offer as the starting bid, even if they rejected a counter offer, their highest offer is still binding. Both flippa and sellers would benefit from this.

Also so everyone here is aware, if you scroll way back in this thread i had asked flippa staff if it would be possible to add a views counter to domains listed in the domain catalog. Well, flippa has agreed it would help to create a better experience for their sellers and they are currently working on integrating this into the domain catalog. I have to say that flippa staff is by far the easiest to deal with of most marketplaces and they really appreciate feedback from sellers.

Yep scroll back and as i said that it was very important to have a stats counter right from the beginning really is very important to monitoring all of our names

Thanks guys; we're definitely working to improve this, but our brokerage unit is off to the races so that's taking up heat at moment. Regarding @JudgeMind 's slate, #3 is probably most imminent (along with views/offers counter), and #1 should be explored, I agree. #2 is trickier because people will just transact offline if offers don't convert on platform the first go-round.

Things are quite busy, but I'm around to continue the dialogue...Be in touch

•••
:

when a potential buyer rejects the counter offer, then their last highest offer is "no longer binding".

as the sellers counter offer, if rejected, releases the buyer from obligation.

imo....

•••
What is the validity period of Flippa re-listing?

Last edited:
•••
What is the validity period of Flippa re-listing?

Not sure what you mean. This thread is for the Catalog (Portfolio) section.

Are you speaking of auction relistings?

•••
Again, I am reading about greedy domainers who want lots of money.
Only thing I gather from the replies on this thread.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back