Domain Empire

Flippa Domains and the Quest for a (Near) Perfect Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What's Your Preferred Way to Boost Exposure of Your Auction?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

FlippaDomains

Established Member
Flippa.com Staff
Impact
// Flippa Domains -- FAQs and Feature Requests //

Rules: stay on topic. If you have a valid feature request, it will be added to the original checklist. "Likes" and "Thanks" will help rank things higher. Anything critical that fails to deliver a suggestion for improvement and/or anything off topic or that doesn't stimulate the discussion will be deleted.

Let me be very clear that below are suggestions we've heard or are hearing about currently, and some we are already working on behind the scenes. I mostly want to hear from those I haven't spoken to yet.

///

Upgrades
  • What if we slashed their prices?
  • What if we got rid of them outright?
  • What if a seller had to apply to receive an upgrade?
  • etc
Bidder Aliases
  • Will this expose shill bidders?
Auction Saturation
  • What if we limited the number of auctions?
etc

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All your points are good except this one, in my opinion. One of the major things that people are complaining about is THIS exact issue. I mentioned earlier that I found a domain I liked with no reserve price. I placed my bid.Some other members also placed their bids. In the final two hours, I made another bid to make to me highest bidder. Out of the blue, a bidder with a supper seller status with $647 K transactions simply started making numerous bids instantly, I bid , he bids instantly, until I reached a position where I decided to stop it because it is very suspicious. He then stopped when I made my last bid and I won the auction. Now you might say... how can this be suspicious? The auction was run by a Flippa broker and since now I know that each one kept more than 2 accounts, it is very clear. I did not talk to Flippa cause I got angry and did not want to tell them since they would have said You are just suspecting and it is normal. If he did not start doing these things in the last two hours of the auction, I would have won the auction with a quarter of what I had to pay now.

So this needs to stop. I am against employees bidding on domains at ALL , then I again, I think we will never know because, a super seller can be a Flippa employee or broker or both. So I beg to differ , it will not be good for the buyer at all cause the price is hiked when in fact a buyer could get a domain or site in less than that.

My suspicions were right when you read the thread by @Shane Bellone

Even if bidders know who is bidding against them it is O.K in my opinion because at the end of the day , each one of us will pay what they feel comfortable with.

But still, I think there is no foul prove way to make sure that Flippa employees of any level WILL NOT under any circumstances bid on domains or anything being sold on their marketplace.

Appreciate your views.

Just wish to share a technical thing that is sometimes taken as suspicious.
It is like when an auction is at $10 & you see the next bid by Mr.A of $15, then you bid $20, instantaneously you see a bid of $25 by Mr.A, this instantaneous thing confuses people a lot & they take it as suspicious, What actually happened was that when the auction was at $10, Mr.A made a bid of $50, but it didnt show as $50 then, it incrementally came again & again by the system that is all right & things work this way.

So this might happened in your case when you pointed out the case when you were again & again outbid by that superseller, he was not coming again & again, he just put his maximum bid once.

Thanks again for the reply, pleasure connecting with you.

•••
Hello,

I like Flippa. Its a professional built platform. However, I've sold 5-10 times more via SEDO and Afternic, than via "My Domain Portfolio" on Flippa the last 10 months. Personally, I think all the attention is focused on the auctions.

I understand that the auctions are prioritized, but as Flippa benefits from all sales, I really would appreciate some more highlight on the regular listings. I would not mind a 15% success fee either.

•••
@FirstRated , you posted twice the same poat : D . My reply was not about the link that Flippa says might be there...for it says.. Possible Links. And dont take it personally but this is about trying to improve and trying to get common and fair treatment for all users. I saw first hand this week thw kinda of preferential treatment which super sellers get.

So again, I can see the sarcasm and no it is not about you specifically but if you insiat how come Jason lost a dispute and still have the account active? I know for sure Flippa bans permanently anyone who does serious things that are against their ToS.

Oh I get it , it is not applied to all people .. That is the only logical answer.

As for the person I was replying to , I dont know what you mean cat guy , but @Raindrops is female.

Hey brotha,
Yea I think it saved as draft because I got a phone call and did not realize it saved.
But anyways,
Sorry if it came of like sarcasm. Hope you got my PM.
I am Jason.
The Dispute was because someone won an auction and after the auction, they pm'd me saying they did not have the funds. So I sold the auction to the next highest winner.
But then the buyer decided he had the funds after we agreed the sale was off and after we discussed many options ect... then after I sold it, he filed a complaint against me. And the Dispute was in his favor, because the time frame rule. But I appealed it, because he won the auction, stated multiple times that he cannot pay ect... told flippa to look at the PM's ect... so then they must have looked into it, and apparently it stuck on my profile.
But whatever, it is what it is.

But yea, I can 100% agree.
I see hard core preferential treatment left and right on there.
I mean... it is ridiculous sometimes and not fair to us. We're actually paying the listing fees, which somehow went up/down/upside down now after the changes. And we are hoping that our auctions "at the very least" even out/break even if there is no ROI coming our way, and here go people getting (without a doubt, because it just does not financially add up) free listings, upgrades ect... selling their auctions wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy under what can be an ROI, "EVEN" if they received the domain ect... for free.
Something has happened to the marketplace...
And not just preferential treatment wise.
This has a major effect on the industry in general.
Which are peoples lively hoods, livings and way of life.
And when I say that, there is so many individuals who are just crashing because the listing fees, the boosts and more, and others are just beating them down the lists for absolutely free of charge, and taking away their exposure, while at the same time, it seems as though they can post an unlimited amount of domains, sites, apps (or whatever the property is) which is general devaluing the crap out of other properties. Especially the domain industry.
I mean....
I am seeing the people who are getting that treatment, sell domains for great money.
Then seeing domains that are truly valuable, from someone who is not getting that treatment and they are just seeing a bust.
So in general.
I agree.
Changes can indeed be made, in many many ways.
And once again,
I apologize for any means of sarcasm, as I was truly thanking you, but I guess it was my sense of humor, followed by the other post of being bashed on for no good reason.
I am sure if any individual here was in my shoes, they would have felt defensive as well, since my partner and I are getting spoken about in an improper manner and no one even took the liberty of simply contacting one of us and inquiring about the situation, and just shoot for the jugular.
Josh and I are just hoping to gain some capital for a project we are working on/this new venture and coming up with "Bundle Auction" seemed like a great idea for us to combine our names since we're partners and see if that would help.
But in a nutshell.
They are the marketplace. So as of now, unless we all decide to unite or something... all we can do is either roll with the punches, figure out solutions, communicate with one another, gather up or just team up with serious domainers/flippers ect.. and create another marketplace of some sort, with a twist, something unique that they don't have and more. All while applying the proper verification ect... within it.
Safety is key and that is all. Especially buying and selling.
And for the shistey bidders, shady profiles ect...
Everyone needs to be aware an keep an eye out for users grammar on there, their bidding habits, possible links, the way they comment, and try to pick up the little things that will give what the fast ones they are trying to pull away and raise a red flag. I have identified A LOT of users like that.
It's not Flippas security/verification.
But ya know what...
It's your gut feeling. And 2 sense. Ya gotta follow it for sure.
This can really help identify people who are there to screw things up.
But anyways,
Hope you understand I wasn't being sarcastic and hope you understand that I am only about professionalism over here, both Josh and I.
And if anyone has any questions,
please feel free to PM me or Josh anytime.
And also, if anyone is serious about a marketplace (not competing with namepros) <--- this way this is not taken out of context by anyone, please... by all means... let's talk.

•••
Just have a couple of questions.

1. What are the requirements for achieving Super Seller status? I've sold quite a number of domains on the platform (about 20 to 25, I think) but nothing's changed.

2. I tried contacting [email protected] a few times regarding brokerage of certain domains, but this was during the DNHoldings acquisition and my messages seem to have been forgotten. Does Flippa still offer the domain brokerage option?

•••
First, I noticed you have names now for bidders, so that's great, now the bad.

Why, do you still have the auctions extended by an hour each time a new bid comes in? The domain sales are a drop in the bucket compared to other sites with domain auctions and a new bid only extends the auction a few minutes. There is a reason why they do this. The back and forth gets the excitement going, the competitive juices flowing, an hour puts people to sleep. It's a sales killer. Is that going to get fixed sometime soon?

Can you link me to what you mean? We hadn't changed that yet.

As for the extension time, I happen to agree with you, but for some reason our research suggests otherwise. I'd like this to be changed, but am unsure it will happen at moment.

•••
@FlippaDomains - Just tried your app out for the first time yesterday.

First, it was hard to login (iphone) once I filled out username, the password part went way and vice versa. Forgot how I eventually got signed in.

Start page, not a big deal but should be links to account, it's Established Sites, Starter Sites, Domains Names, Mobile Apps, click one of them to get to another screen where I can get to the link I want on the bottom, the Me link. The bottom row has 5 links, the Me link is the one missing from the start page.

Unless I'm missing it, I have no idea where to accept or reject new bidders from the app. There was nothing at all under Notifications where I figured it would be. Tried my watchlist, can't accept from there.

•••
I appreciate that. I did and it's now resolved - Thank you.

•••
The first auction in my sig, I now see names for bidders.

What research? Is it research you can share? Because I think Snap, NJ, GD have more data on that. And their extension time is very similar, just a few minutes. And if you've only done it one way, how could you have data on the shorter time? Was it shorter in the past?

How I wish Flippa would shorten auction extensions to 5 minutes. I know myself the fervor one gets at other auction sites. A lot of high bids are being lost by giving an hour long extension.

•••
On Aug 16,2015 I won domain LaboratoryTests.com being auctioned by D.Wells at flippa and promptly paid $405 to flippa for flippa escrow

The Seller wrote to me not to pay to flippa as he wanted to get some issues sorted out with flippa but I had already paid to flippa and told him so.

He sold domain out side of flippa and wrote to me that there was a bug in flippa system which prevented system from proper functioning.

On Aug 20 seller D.Wells wrote to me "Sorry for the inconvenience. This dispute has nothing to do with you. There was an error on Flippa side during the auction. Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you".

On Aug 21 flippa Customer Service wrote to me " The dispute you were involved in for listing #5371068 (LaboratoryTests.com) has been resolved. Sale cancelled, Seller sold to another user who did not bid. Dispute has been found against the seller and they have been suspended for their actions. Please let us know as soon as possible if there are any further problems at [email protected]

On Aug 27 I asked flippa to refund my money.

Kevin,please reply to these 2 questions (followed by suggestions) :

1. Flippa has NOT returned my $ 405 even though I wrote to Custimer Service and to you. Why ?

2. Customer Service wrote that seller D.Wells is being suspended. How come he is still active, has 100% feedback and domain name LaboratoryTests.com is still listed at flippa

I suggest that refund should be made within 1 working day in such cases even if the buyer has not asked for it.

Suspension should not be revoked for such sellers.

Feedback should show true picture.

Best,

Dave

•••
Hi Kevin

below are some points which i think flippa can consider to apply.

1. For Flippa Home page feature there has to be a time frame that for how much time your listing will be at first page.
2. Free relist option needs to be limited as you can list your domain for free 3-4 times max. it will stop the saturation in marketplace and wipe out the junk domains. i have seen some people who relist their domains just for one day so they can get more views in the ending soon tab.
3. You can give 1 free upgrade to serious sellers once in a 2-3 months.
4. There should be a limit for the maximum number of upgraded listings in a month so sellers can get more views.
5. Editor's choice should be stop as it gives more exposure to others and create confusion for partiality.

Thanks

•••
Hi Kevin,

Let me weigh in on all those issues. As a Super Seller, we have quite some experience.

I disagree with most of what's been said.

Upgrades--What if we slashed their prices?

If anything, raise the price of the $249 premium upgrade. This is the only thing that will get rid of the drivel.

Upgrades--What if we got rid of them outright?

Absolutism rarely produces good results.

Upgrades--What if a seller had to apply to receive an upgrade?

Very bad idea. Would lead to perceived favoritism very quickly.

Bidder Aliases--Will this expose shill bidders?

We're strongly in favor of exposing the bidders' identities. Many seasoned bidders are hesitant to bid against new profiles. However, some bidders prefer concealment for various reasons. If a bidder would like to stay anonymous, he'd have to get the express authorization from the Flippa Domains team.

What if we limited the number of auctions?

Not a good idea. If there are too many auctions, raise your prices.

--- Now to user comments: ---

Increase the starting auction price from $1 to $25 or even $50.

Getting rid of $1 no-reserve auctions? I don't think so.

Decrease the auction duration from 30 days to 14 days.

Horrendous idea. If this was implemented, we'd probably stop auctioning off our domains on Flippa. Such a change would literally put an end to $1 no-reserve auctions on Flippa.

i would only award the option to purchase premium upgrades to sellers who have reached "SUPER SELLER" status

You aren't being serious, right?

do away with sellers having the ability to decide whether or not to accept bids.

Terrible idea. We always send out a standard message to new bidders asking them various things. If they don't answer or answer inconsequently, we won't let them bid.

Maybe have all domains be voted/appraised on before they can be auctioned on flippa.

Terrible idea. Again, if there are too many auctions, just raise the upgrade prices.

Running all auctions equally would probably exacerbate the flooding problems, and there'd be no chance to stand out in front of thousands of other "equal" auctions. At the same time, the few that do stand out would be because of the actual value of a domain and market interest instead of say, paid upgrades for added visibility and promotion tools.

The Most Active list.

On a different note, i recently noticed, when you click on the websites page, it takes you to Flippa.com/websites however when you click the domains page it takes you to Flippa.com/domains/all

Not sure if it's an error or that's how it's meant to be, however that's a great dis-advantage to sellers who have bought the 50 bucks upgrade. (I also bought it yesterday and to surprise barely saw any difference) thus noticing this.

Very true.

Switch flippa to back to the previous Homepage where domains and websites listing are featured EQUALLY with the Listing Title is Must.

The current design is much better.

Reduce the price of upgrades. Upgrade feature is not an issue. But price is high. Listing price +Some upgrade + Success fees +Domain price one doesn't manage to make profit instead loss occur most of the time.

If you incur a loss with the upgrades, your domain is not worth listing.

Other issues with the Domains section:

flippa.com/domains/all loads *much slower* than flippa.com/websites/all . This is due to the completely unnecessary use of Ajax. Moreover, it breaks the back button. A terrible design choice in every possible way. (No, our computer isn't slow.)

KEEP IT FREE. KEEP IT FAIR.

/Filip

Last edited:
•••
@FlippaDomains

Bidder Aliases : This will be good. It will help with exposing shill bidders.
I was once bidding in a domajn which was being sold by a broker if flippas new broker business. Few minutes before the final hour, someone with $641 K sales just started upping the price and it was between that person and me. The person wanted the orice to reach certain level only and was not going to buy and I wws certain it was shill bidding with the bidder using their other non brokerage account. I was forced to buy the domain at that price when in fact if that person did not intervene I would have had it for the quarter of the price I paid cause the auction had no reserve and two hours to go with no many people bidding on it.

For me I believe even letting people bid and lettung others see their real account. No such thung as.biddr1 bidder 2 etc.

Forget upgrades, let's just have all auctions run equally. YES. I voted for that. At the end of the day , buyers can choise what they want so scrap the uogrades compeletely.

If you insist on having upgrades then it should be better. For example I more than one time bought. Home page feature a d less than 10 minutes my domain disappeared. When I asked I was told as more people buy upgrades the earlier domains disappear from the homepage. So for $50 a domain it was a waste. How about circulating them so that the earlier domains also get back on the homepage?

I lost more than $300 in home page features and not even a domain stayed there for 30 mins. So I am still with the scraping uogrades thing.

Of course you can provide newsletter and twitter upgrades only but in the site run all auctions equally and rotate them on the home page..say like each 20 domains get on the home page for 30 mins and so on.

Feature request : Let all auctions get logos. At least in the description.

Domain catalog feature : Give us the chance to offer offers to the watchers of a certain domain. The other day I saw that two people were watching a domain that was in my catalog. I want to end it so I can offer them an offer. Once I ended , I was not.able.to reach them at all. I added the domain again to the catalog but they never came back. In normal auctions when I end an auction I have the chance to make offer to the buyers watching.

Those are my thoughts for the mkment

•••
I wish this discussion could help Flippa Team, Developers & Flippa Users to turn flippa into the best user experience guaranteeing platform.
Would be happy to place my opinions soon. Thanks

•••
Offer a listing setup service, ie writing domain description etc

Maybe you could offer it for free if the domain has the potential to sell for $1000+.

•••
Make the username of the user making an offer via the portfolio section linkable to their Flippa profile page so we can review if they are reputable.

Last edited:
•••
On Aug 16,2015 I won domain LaboratoryTests.com being auctioned by D.Wells at flippa and promptly paid $405 to flippa for flippa escrow

The Seller wrote to me not to pay to flippa as he wanted to get some issues sorted out with flippa but I had already paid to flippa and told him so.

He sold domain out side of flippa and wrote to me that there was a bug in flippa system which prevented system from proper functioning.

On Aug 20 seller D.Wells wrote to me "Sorry for the inconvenience. This dispute has nothing to do with you. There was an error on Flippa side during the auction. Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you".

On Aug 21 flippa Customer Service wrote to me " The dispute you were involved in for listing #5371068 (LaboratoryTests.com) has been resolved. Sale cancelled, Seller sold to another user who did not bid. Dispute has been found against the seller and they have been suspended for their actions. Please let us know as soon as possible if there are any further problems at [email protected]

On Aug 27 I asked flippa to refund my money.

Kevin,please reply to these 2 questions (followed by suggestions) :

1. Flippa has NOT returned my $ 405 even though I wrote to Custimer Service and to you. Why ?

2. Customer Service wrote that seller D.Wells is being suspended. How come he is still active, has 100% feedback and domain name LaboratoryTests.com is still listed at flippa

I suggest that refund should be made within 1 working day in such cases even if the buyer has not asked for it.

Suspension should not be revoked for such sellers.

Feedback should show true picture.

Best,

Dave

Dave, I had the same problems twice but you should contact escrow@ flippa those are the guys who does the refund. I won two auctions and the swller refused to transfer the domains saying I should pay $5000 since the domakn worths that...he said. Both times.the sellers were not suspended .... They were banned. As for the feedback, yiu are only allowed to leave feesback once transaction is complete and this time no transaction is complete so you can leave fedback and they MUST ban as they always do...not suspend.

•••
Make it so sending a counter-offer to an offer received via the portfolio section doesn't rejected the original offer.

Asking for more, isn't the same as saying no.
Just the idea I wanted to write about then I read the posts and booom...someone wrote it.

•••
Kevin, I just don't like those stock photos that you're using. You obviously didn't buy them from me :)

(Kevin Yank would've! LOL)

•••
It would be nice to be able to contact the users (via either email or phone) who have made offers previously for domains that you have recently reduced your price on or whom you may have a new buyer for.
Priceless suggestions that will indeed make the marketplace better.

•••
  • Upgrade prices have to be slashed
  • Re-list for free? I paid $350 to list my domain and my free re-list is only worth $9 (I have to be honest Kevin, I feel scammed at this point)
  • You take 10% of a sale, Give me a premium upgrade for free and take 20-25% of the final sale.
  • Bidder alias should be shown to everyone.
  • Automatically accept bids from super sellers or bidders/buyers with good feedback (100%) and been using the platform for a long time.
  • Maybe sellers should have to apply for an upgrade? except super sellers, this would definitely get rid of some of the garbage you see on the home page if the domain has to vetted and is worthy of home page exposure.
I do enjoy flippa, but with the bad publicity on here, I feel as though something has to happen to restore my faith in the platform.

Domainivate

•••
Another thing I think would be nice is this :

When creating an auction, and I am asked for the auction description, instead of putting everything on one box and expecting me to format and everything , why not do this :-

Q1 what is the CPC of the domain? ( in h2 format for all questions)
So in this box I write the cpc of the domain

Q2 What is the broad search of the domain terms?
I write here the answer to this question

Q 3 What is the exact search terms (monthly) of this domain?
Answer goes here

Q4: What are the possible uses of this domain ?
Answer goes here

Q5: What are the comparable sales of this domain?

Q6 Add any other extra information that is related to this auction.

By doing it this way, it will give the buyer quick answers instead of having to get the answer from a big text that has all that information in one place

This is a bad idea. For most high-end domains, writing out this information is totally unnecessary and just distracts from the auction.

Change your default auction tab to one metric only and stick with it so people know what they're getting. You know you can't make it ' views, or bids, or amount' because those metrics can be.....influenced? Make it by ending time by default.

Turning Flippa into a clone of Sedo? It ain't gonna happen.

•••
This is a bad idea. For most high-end domains, writing out this information is totally unnecessary and just distracts from the auct.

You said for most High-End domains. So what about others? This will actually help buyers as they can quickly see what they need

•••
Appreciate your views.

Just wish to share a technical thing that is sometimes taken as suspicious.
It is like when an auction is at $10 & you see the next bid by Mr.A of $15, then you bid $20, instantaneously you see a bid of $25 by Mr.A, this instantaneous thing confuses people a lot & they take it as suspicious, What actually happened was that when the auction was at $10, Mr.A made a bid of $50, but it didnt show as $50 then, it incrementally came again & again by the system that is all right & things work this way.

So this might happened in your case when you pointed out the case when you were again & again outbid by that superseller, he was not coming again & again, he just put his maximum bid once.

Thanks again for the reply, pleasure connecting with you.

I appreciate your views too :)

I did not know Flippa does this. So what you mean is that Flippa kept his bid and at the final two hours it starting posting it as increments of $5 ? Strange to be honest cause it is very strange. The bids were an instant reply to my bids. I bid and I refresh and there is a bid. Somehow, I dont believe Flippa's system has something like this. I did hear they post the highest you bid once auction commences and that has now been stopped and you cannot do this now cause I tried and it exactly requires the increment or higher and posts the bid when it is approved instead of it say doing it in halfs, say for example I want to pay $1000 for a domain, then I first bid $10 , I have $990 still left which can be divided into many bids. It is not possible.

Based on this article, http://flippa.com/blog/new-on-flippa-automatic-bid-management/ dated JUNE 18, 2012 , that is when they introduced it. And again on this article http://flippa.com/blog/new-on-flippa-automatic-bid-management/ dated ON JUNE 18, 2012 is talking about the same thing.

If this feature is available for super sellers and not to the other members, then maybe there is but for me , it is not working.

Oh, on the same topic , Shill bidding, I found this article http://domainnamewire.com/2015/01/26/buying-bids-at-flippa/ , dated JANUARY 26, 2015 and titled "
Buying Bids at Flippa: A look at marketplace integrity "

It is talking about a site that existed where you could buy bids. The site's name http://flippabid.com/ ? The domain is now for sale through the Afternic marketplace. Quoting part of that article, it says "
To be absolutely clear, shill bidding “is strictly forbidden on Flippa“. Yet when Flippa does close down an account due to abuse, the company is unlikely to shine a spotlight on past fraudulent bids – bids that may have inflated purchase prices and which certainly diminished the visibility of concurrent, legitimate, paid-for listings. As long as suspicious cases are quietly reported to Flippa management and (at best) quietly shut down, the larger issue of ongoing shill bidding remains unaddressed.

Why does Flippa attract shill bidders, “buddy bidding”, and potentially fake comments?

Unlike most domain auction platforms, Flippa charges a base listing fee and pushes customers toward upgrades costing as much as $349 per auction. Standard Flippa listings have literally shrunk so that these days they’re harder to spot on the screen! Flippa gives out these $349 upgrades to some sellers at no cost and frequently includes their listings in promotional emails; so there’s considerable extra pressure to compete for visibility.

That leaves sellers with two options for boosting on-site exposure: expensive upgrades or bids."

"To be fair to Flippa, the company has taken some steps to improve marketplace transparency. For example, you can see how much a bidder has transacted through the platform; and Flippa also marks commenters as banned if they are ever removed from the system.

Still, without bidder aliases and an archive of past results, it’s hard to connect the dots.

Verification remains weak. Only a phone verification is required to place comments (which can be easily achieved with a Google Voice number). A credit card pre-authorization is required to bid above $200. Such credit card verifications don’t stop shills. GoDaddy Auctions recently essentially admitted that such verifications aren’t enough and added additional verification requirements to place meaningful bids.

One big step Flippa could take is to assign bidder aliases to each bidder, much like NameJet does."

Exact quotes from that article. Please read the article for more information.

•••
Create a MUCH BIGGER customer support team so that you can react faster. I know you're based in S.F. and Melbourne, but perhaps time to outsource to PH or IN.
I was interested in creating a listing, but it appears to be so vanilla dull. Perhaps add in a simple WSIWYG editor ?
So people who are creative can make their listing pages pop.

Also expand ways to verify traffic numbers.
I run a small traffic collecting info site and have ethical issues with adding in Google Analytics when I create a listing.
Google should not and is not the be all end all to understanding traffic numbers.
I don't think I'll mind paying for upgrades to stand out against crap sites, so I hope you don't take away these options.

•••
Hello,

I like Flippa. Its a professional built platform. However, I've sold 5-10 times more via SEDO and Afternic, than via "My Domain Portfolio" on Flippa the last 10 months. Personally, I think all the attention is focused on the auctions.

I understand that the auctions are prioritized, but as Flippa benefits from all sales, I really would appreciate some more highlight on the regular listings. I would not mind a 15% success fee either.

Why ? I think 10% is already a turn off when sellers already pay for listing and upgrades.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back