Dynadot

Flippa Domains and the Quest for a (Near) Perfect Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What's Your Preferred Way to Boost Exposure of Your Auction?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

FlippaDomains

Established Member
Flippa.com Staff
Impact
// Flippa Domains -- FAQs and Feature Requests //

Rules: stay on topic. If you have a valid feature request, it will be added to the original checklist. "Likes" and "Thanks" will help rank things higher. Anything critical that fails to deliver a suggestion for improvement and/or anything off topic or that doesn't stimulate the discussion will be deleted.

Let me be very clear that below are suggestions we've heard or are hearing about currently, and some we are already working on behind the scenes. I mostly want to hear from those I haven't spoken to yet.

///

Upgrades
  • What if we slashed their prices?
  • What if we got rid of them outright?
  • What if a seller had to apply to receive an upgrade?
  • etc
Bidder Aliases
  • Will this expose shill bidders?
Auction Saturation
  • What if we limited the number of auctions?
etc

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why ? I think 10% is already a turn off when sellers already pay for listing and upgrades.

I meant from the domain portfolios, not from auctions. But obviously I prefer a low number as well.

•••
Lol, thank you dude. Someone with "common sense".
And I mean that in a respectful way.
Like really???
It blatantly says we're connected and does not take Sherlock to figure that out.
So thank you for responding back to that cat guy lol.
To everyone, so things are clear.
I am Jason and Josh is my Business Partner in many companies.

And we decided a good way to come up with capital for a new venture we are starting is by combining our domains for a Bundle Auction, to gain extra funds to proceed.

And yes, I do have to agree that flippa needs more verification.
Especially on large amount sales.
I get messaged by people all the time, who I know I have spoke to before with different user names and the profile being 1 month old or even new, and they have already placed bids on other auctions.
This is no good.
When it comes to this industry, networking is great, communicating with others is great and asking questions is great.
Nothing at all wrong with contacting Josh or Myself and just asking.
You would have kindly responded and answered your questions.
Just Partners looking to gain capital for an upcoming venture selling domains in a nice Bundle auction.
Other than that, if you guys have any more questions,
feel free to contact either Josh or Myself and we will be happy to clear up whatever misunderstanding or negative outlook you may have on us being business partners running a combined auction to gain extra capital for an up coming project we are looking to do.

Thank you,
Any questions,
Please feel free to contact either of us.
@FirstRated , you posted twice the same poat : D . My reply was not about the link that Flippa says might be there...for it says.. Possible Links. And dont take it personally but this is about trying to improve and trying to get common and fair treatment for all users. I saw first hand this week thw kinda of preferential treatment which super sellers get.

So again, I can see the sarcasm and no it is not about you specifically but if you insiat how come Jason lost a dispute and still have the account active? I know for sure Flippa bans permanently anyone who does serious things that are against their ToS.

Oh I get it , it is not applied to all people .. That is the only logical answer.

As for the person I was replying to , I dont know what you mean cat guy , but @Raindrops is female.

•••
Hey brotha,
Yea I think it saved as draft because I got a phone call and did not realize it saved.
But anyways,
Sorry if it came of like sarcasm. Hope you got my PM.
I am Jason.
The Dispute was because someone won an auction and after the auction, they pm'd me saying they did not have the funds. So I sold the auction to the next highest winner.
But then the buyer decided he had the funds after we agreed the sale was off and after we discussed many options ect... then after I sold it, he filed a complaint against me. And the Dispute was in his favor, because the time frame rule. But I appealed it, because he won the auction, stated multiple times that he cannot pay ect... told flippa to look at the PM's ect... so then they must have looked into it, and apparently it stuck on my profile.
But whatever, it is what it is.

But yea, I can 100% agree.
I see hard core preferential treatment left and right on there.
I mean... it is ridiculous sometimes and not fair to us. We're actually paying the listing fees, which somehow went up/down/upside down now after the changes. And we are hoping that our auctions "at the very least" even out/break even if there is no ROI coming our way, and here go people getting (without a doubt, because it just does not financially add up) free listings, upgrades ect... selling their auctions wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy under what can be an ROI, "EVEN" if they received the domain ect... for free.
Something has happened to the marketplace...
And not just preferential treatment wise.
This has a major effect on the industry in general.
Which are peoples lively hoods, livings and way of life.
And when I say that, there is so many individuals who are just crashing because the listing fees, the boosts and more, and others are just beating them down the lists for absolutely free of charge, and taking away their exposure, while at the same time, it seems as though they can post an unlimited amount of domains, sites, apps (or whatever the property is) which is general devaluing the crap out of other properties. Especially the domain industry.
I mean....
I am seeing the people who are getting that treatment, sell domains for great money.
Then seeing domains that are truly valuable, from someone who is not getting that treatment and they are just seeing a bust.
So in general.
I agree.
Changes can indeed be made, in many many ways.
And once again,
I apologize for any means of sarcasm, as I was truly thanking you, but I guess it was my sense of humor, followed by the other post of being bashed on for no good reason.
I am sure if any individual here was in my shoes, they would have felt defensive as well, since my partner and I are getting spoken about in an improper manner and no one even took the liberty of simply contacting one of us and inquiring about the situation, and just shoot for the jugular.
Josh and I are just hoping to gain some capital for a project we are working on/this new venture and coming up with "Bundle Auction" seemed like a great idea for us to combine our names since we're partners and see if that would help.
But in a nutshell.
They are the marketplace. So as of now, unless we all decide to unite or something... all we can do is either roll with the punches, figure out solutions, communicate with one another, gather up or just team up with serious domainers/flippers ect.. and create another marketplace of some sort, with a twist, something unique that they don't have and more. All while applying the proper verification ect... within it.
Safety is key and that is all. Especially buying and selling.
And for the shistey bidders, shady profiles ect...
Everyone needs to be aware an keep an eye out for users grammar on there, their bidding habits, possible links, the way they comment, and try to pick up the little things that will give what the fast ones they are trying to pull away and raise a red flag. I have identified A LOT of users like that.
It's not Flippas security/verification.
But ya know what...
It's your gut feeling. And 2 sense. Ya gotta follow it for sure.
This can really help identify people who are there to screw things up.
But anyways,
Hope you understand I wasn't being sarcastic and hope you understand that I am only about professionalism over here, both Josh and I.
And if anyone has any questions,
please feel free to PM me or Josh anytime.
And also, if anyone is serious about a marketplace (not competing with namepros) <--- this way this is not taken out of context by anyone, please... by all means... let's talk.

All is clear . No problems ban. People were jut pointing out how Flippa treats super sellers since Shane brought that to out attention and no direct attack on Jason/Josh :)

Thank you for taking the time to post here and clarify things, specially , the dispute,

•••
Implement escrow of domain once the reserve is met.
Excellent Idea. I lost two domains I won when the seller backed out of the sale. This will be good.

•••
Do not allow sellers to accept pending bidder(s) after reserve met auctions end.

•••
•••
First, I noticed you have names now for bidders, so that's great, now the bad.

Why, do you still have the auctions extended by an hour each time a new bid comes in? The domain sales are a drop in the bucket compared to other sites with domain auctions and a new bid only extends the auction a few minutes. There is a reason why they do this. The back and forth gets the excitement going, the competitive juices flowing, an hour puts people to sleep. It's a sales killer. Is that going to get fixed sometime soon?

•••
Can you link me to what you mean? We hadn't changed that yet.

As for the extension time, I happen to agree with you, but for some reason our research suggests otherwise. I'd like this to be changed, but am unsure it will happen at moment.

The first auction in my sig, I now see names for bidders.

What research? Is it research you can share? Because I think Snap, NJ, GD have more data on that. And their extension time is very similar, just a few minutes. And if you've only done it one way, how could you have data on the shorter time? Was it shorter in the past?

•••
@menzl Get in touch so I can manually remove/hide those for you.

•••
What is the current Flippa policy with removing the sale price after the auction is over, both sold and unsold?

Aside from private listings, why is it the practice of Flippa to leave the price after the auction is over?

•••
What is the current Flippa policy with removing the sale price after the auction is over, both sold and unsold?

Aside from private listings, why is it the practice of Flippa to leave the price after the auction is over?

This may or may not change in the future, but for now it is just the way it is. I cannot speak of what the architects of the original platform intended; there are pros and cons to both sides.

If you need anything removed, just ask.

•••
I know I set this up and then pretty much abandoned it. I will be revisiting this soon as our development scope kicks into third gear. Some good things to share, no doubt.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back