IT.COM

Flippa: It's as crappy as it gets

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

joshny

Established Member
Impact
There were always reports and documentations of people selling fake,automated websites and trademarked domains, and people getting cheated on Flippa but i had till now had a good experience on it because i did not use it to buy/sell websites but only domains that too on a very small magnitude.
But I'm absolutely through with them now,
A friend of mine who is also on flippa had come to my place and so utilized my laptop to open his flippa account and that was that, two ours later i get a mail that my flippa account has been banned because of me having multiple accounts. The second account pointed out was the one which my friend logged in through.
Now i had won certain auction which i needed to pay for ,which I can't anymore so I am legally liable to the seller because flippa won't let me pay.
I have never had any negative feedback or an incomplete transaction on non -follow of a payment there.
This is utter non-sense and completely unprofessional from their side and the worst part,is that they do not listen to queries or tickets.
If anyone out is thinking of going out to fippa ,I WOULD RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT.
I've seen multiple people post their grievances, I wish I could sue them for this,but I can't.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A friend of mine who is also on flippa had come to my place ...

...account has been banned because of me having multiple accounts.

So surely, if Flippa were to examine the IP login history of the two accounts, there would be no overlap and/or none of them would track back to a proxy/VPN?

Sites that have policies against multi-account collusion (eBay, online gaming sites, etc) are pretty accustomed to the "NO, REALLY, A FRIEND CAME TO MY HOUSE AND USED MY COMPUTER IT'S NOT A MULTI-ACCOUNT, REALLY!!" excuse whenever someone is caught multi-accounting.

To me, if anything, this post inspires a much higher degree of confidence in the Flippa service.

•••
So have you and your 'friend' ever bid on each other's auctions?

•••
"So surely, if Flippa were to examine the IP login history of the two accounts, there would be no overlap and/or none of them would track back to a proxy/VPN?"

The whole point being that they are not willing to examine it,and the fact being that just an ip collision automatically just led to a ban without any investigation into the matter.
Have you ever not gone for a domaining conference,what if someone uses your laptop/or device,do you just get banned then?
I'm all good for security measures ,but when it leads to illogical banning ,then we all know how good the service is.
As for the flippa service ,it's reputation precedes itself anywhere.

•••
No,never,not bid,not even posted comments, before that day ,I didn't even know he was on flippa

•••
No,never,not bid,not even posted comments, before that day ,I didn't even know he was on flippa

Then you have the worst luck in the world.

Just think of the odds that you and one of your friends both buy and sell domains, both have accounts on a domain auction site, and he just happened to be at your house and happened to use your computer and happened to log into the same site you use without ever telling you about it, or you seeing it while it happened.

Worst luck in the world.

•••
no,he did tell me he's logging on .What i did not know was that they ban you,if two users log in from the same device.
I mean i've logged into many auctioning sites from people's devices while i was meeting them for something domaining related so i am very sure they used that device too,but getting banned for nothing,that's absolutely new

•••
Hi

I don't use flappa, but.....

I wouldn't want to make a deal with you, where you and your friend use the same account.... where one could use "plausible deniability" to say, I didn't make a deal with you, it was my friend.

one user per account, here, there, everywhere

imo....

•••
no,he did tell me he's logging on .What i did not know was that they ban you,if two users log in from the same device.
I mean i've logged into many auctioning sites from people's devices while i was meeting them for something domaining related so i am very sure they used that device too,but getting banned for nothing,that's absolutely new
That means you are saying, you too were already logged onto flippa with the same device, that he logged on with, on flippa.

You can always try to reason them with one strong argument that goes in your favour, the history of the ip's that you friend logged onto flippa with, coinciding with days you logged on there, but with your Unique IP.

Can ask your same friend to contact them on your behalf, and put forth your case.

All this if there is no jiggery-pokery, on your behalf.

•••
Yes ,which is what I did,but there has been no response whatsoever,which is why I said that their service is rubbish.

•••
Well in anycase you are better off with it.

Sooner or later it was bound to happen. I have guys who have backed out of the auctions after finishing the auction at BIN.

I do get a free relisting but relisting it 3 times is just too much and now even new bidders think that there is something wrong with the site itself and thus it is all messed up.

•••
Did your friend get banned also?

•••
No, he didn't, also a few days back,i got a mail from flippa support saying that they were banning accounts due to a lot of spam and would require me to send them ID proofs like passport , etc to collaborate my identity ,i was more than happy to and gave them the same,no reply since then.
And since then a seller whose auction i had won,has filed a dispute for non payment,but i can not pay,unless they reactivate my account

•••
Hey, I don't understand why you can't connect to flippa from the same IP adress. They are not so good.

We have 5 computers, laptop, tablet and phones that are connected to ebay here. Never had an issue. Flippa should be smarter...

•••
it's been a long time since i sent them my id proofs ,they even asked my friend to verify is account,
haven't got a reply from then after that even thoughi sent them repeated reminders about the fact that i has uploaded the documents

•••
I thought domainers didn't have friends in the real world ;)

•••
I don't think annoying them with "repeated reminders" is going to help your case any. You should also understand that Friday prior to Memorial Day weekend in the U.S. is probably one of the worst days to try and conduct business. It is the weekend, businesses are closed here in the states and also this Monday so my friendly advice would be to be patient and wait at least until Tuesday to pursue your matters.

•••
Forge,I did not message them on friday the reminder thing has ,i think i sent the first one on wednesday,but whatever the case,if they can't reply to issues within 48 business hours then the topic thread just hold even more relevant.
As for searchengineZ maybe,I think that would depend upon the social skills of the domainer ;)

•••
I think they do the same thing with Google Adsense.

You know, you have an Adsense account you use to login in the house. And your brother in the next room also has an Adsense account for his own blog site. You don't even share computers, but you use the same dsl modem.... bam!..... and you know, Google is even much harder to contact than Flippa i would presume.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back