Dynadot

Do you also have error when opening Sedo parked page first month and later?

NameSilo
Watch

DmytroK.

Established Member
Impact
Recently, few years ago, I had hundreds of very liquid domains in my portfolio, and parked them for Offer Pages on Sedo. And... Had no offers at all for half a year. Sedo shown me lot of visits, thousands, tens of thousands, but no leads at all! And then I tried to open some of my parked domains like I am random visitor of Web in Internet Cafe. Sedo didn't know that it's me. And it shown me error page. Like domain is not parked at all. BOOM! - Thinked I. How can it be? I tried it with 3-4 other my domains. The same error. Page is not parked. But then, when I tried 10-th, 20-th domains page began to appear. And then everything became allright. Sedo shown me good parked pages.

Did you have same things with Sedo? Other selling platforms?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Parking is one thing , land page for sale is another thing
One of problems is parking is dead for many years

Sedo dont want to remove

If you set as parking a domain a potential buyer need to click twice or even 3 times to make a offer or click buynow so the buyer will go away

If you set land for sale show direct make offer or buy now

Last edited:
•••
Parking is one thing , land page for sale is another thing
One of problems is parking is dead for many years

Sedo dont want to remove

If you set as parking a domain a potential buyer need to click twice or even 3 times to make a offer or click buynow so the buyer will go away

If you set land for sale show direct make offer or buy now
I mean that pages were parked by nameservers, and every page was configured for "buy now for sale page". And I personally could not see them from other unassociated with me computer. Does it means that Sedo plays unfairly?

•••
You have to mention the error that you were seeing in the browser.

Was it an error related to TLS (https) - a missing or non-matching TLS certificate?

Last edited:
•••
You have to mention the error that you were seeing in the browser.

Was it an error related to TLS (https) - a missing TLS certificate?
I don't know. I always register domains with SSL included. No other way. It shown only "Bad Gateway" error message, nothing else.

•••
I don't know. I always register domains with SSL included. No other way. It shown only "Bad Gateway" error message, nothing else.
When you're parking your domains at Sedo, Sedo does the TLS for you.

This doesn't have anything to do with any TLS services you order with your domain at your registrar.

•••
It shown only "Bad Gateway" error message
This may indicate another problem: capacity or config problem with the backend-servers.

But next time, be sure to make a screeny with the exact error for us.

•••
Okay, thank You very much!!! (y)(y)(y)

•••
Last week I observed same. I tested by typing my domain names with Sedo lander buy it now. All 5 domains I typed couldn't open the landing pages. Just error. So, I tried SH same thing. I quicked directed all my names to Dan.

•••
Hello,
I encountered a similar issue. Every time I visited my domain parked on SEDO, SEDO directed me to random websites instead of mine. To fix this, I had to configure the domain settings on SEDO as shown in the attached image. After saving these settings, I waited for up to 15 minutes, and then everything worked correctly. I hope this solution helps you too! 😊

Attachments

• Schermata 2024-04-05 alle 11.49.41.png
    Schermata 2024-04-05 alle 11.49.41.png
    168.5 KB · Views: 17
•••
After a hour I used this advice(previous post), - changed NS to sedoparking, set SalesCrush lander, disabled search, 90% of my domains still have no ssl and show error bad gateway page. Only few domains registered at CosmoTown show good pages with ssl.

•••
If here are someone from Sedo - please help. I really like your platform, it's relevant to domains and serious for me, but with this all I cannot park domains with Sedo.

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back