Dynadot

advice Dan and Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainskilled

Impact
Hello everyone,

I've recently listed my domains on DAN, and they've been automatically listed on Afternic with the status "active listing." I'm curious, what's the difference if I had listed them on Afternic first instead? Do I need to manually list them on Afternic now, or is everything handled efficiently?

Additionally, I've changed the nameservers to DAN's nameservers, but even after a couple of hours, when I visit the domains, blank pages appear instead of DAN landing pages. DAN dashboard shows that the domains are parked, but the landing pages still appear blank for some reason. Should I wait longer?

Thank you for your insights!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
no LTO over godaddy if you list with dan first.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Hello everyone,

I've recently listed my domains on DAN, and they've been automatically listed on Afternic with the status "active listing." I'm curious, what's the difference if I had listed them on Afternic first instead? Do I need to manually list them on Afternic now, or is everything handled efficiently?

Additionally, I've changed the nameservers to DAN's nameservers, but even after a couple of hours, when I visit the domains, blank pages appear instead of DAN landing pages. DAN dashboard shows that the domains are parked, but the landing pages still appear blank for some reason. Should I wait longer?

Thank you for your insights!

Same question here... nobody seems to have the answer as their are multiple threads on this.

•••
Dan lists on afternic Standard network , If you want to List on Afternic FT you will have to list on afternic (After 2 months from reg the domain )

•••
So I do see a difference between listing on Afternic directly vs allowing Dan to list. Dan's names show as "Get It Now" and do not show a renewal fee (when typing into GD domain search). Instead, it shows as an "auction purchase" which, currently is $10.99 + the price of the premium name. When listing on Afternic directly the Price shows as Buy it Now +$21.99 renewal fee (again on GD).

Not sure if this will change once GD stops taking Auctions from customers or not. From a customer perspective it's ~$10 cheaper via Dan - although not sure that matters to an end user for a premium name

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back