Dynadot

Flippa support...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
2 months ago I decided to start my first auction on flippa. The website sold, but buyer never paid so I had to raise a dispute.
The sale canceled, and they credited my account (as they said - I couldn't see) with the $19 I paid as listing fee, in order to re-start an auction.
I decided not to loose one more month on a new auction, where the buyer might not pay again; so I asked them to send me back to my PayPal the $19 (listing fee) and the $50 (success fee) that they charged me. Untill today I haven't received neither. So I just paid $69, for losing 2 months...
I still trust them, so I believe I will get the refund, but I'm really dissapointed of their poor support. They delay on responding, most times I had to send a second email in order to get a reply, their anwers aren't clear, and obsiously they are not helping.
It's really bad for them, if you think that, in fact, that's the only thing they have to provide.

Did you have any similar experience with flippa?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The listing price is already $29. Greedy Flippa.

Also - the $50 featured on 1st page listing is a joke. Dont use it! This is also true for the $80 tweet to their followers.

Poor support with poor working time for such big site and business.

I dont like them - and I wont sell through them again !

•••
To keep you updated, they replied to me yesterday and credited my flippa account with 69 flippa credits; as they said that they can't refund my money any more in PayPal. Additionally they gave me 29 extra flippa credits "for alerting them to that issue regarding their PayPal refund system".
It was nice from them that they gave me 29 extra credits, but of course, I demand the $69 back to my PayPal. I will update when I have further news.

•••
Hi kosvam -- Ophelie from Flippa here.

Your recent experience concerned me a bit, so I went ahead and had a look at your account.

The reason we were not able to initiate a refund is that a dispute was already raised with PayPal. PayPal is notoriously slow to process disputes, and refunds via that avenue take much longer than via us, but the refund should eventually appear in your account.

sofiapartner -- when is the last time you've used our Customer Support? In the last year, we have added two more people to our support team, bringing response times to less than 24 hours.

One thing to remember is that we're located in Melbourne, Australia, and haven't outsourced our support team. This means that yes, it may take us a few hours to respond to tickets, but when we do we are in direct contact with our developers, and can get issues sorted out much more quickly than if we had skeleton support staff elsewhere in the world.

•••
Hi kosvam -- Ophelie from Flippa here.

Your recent experience concerned me a bit, so I went ahead and had a look at your account.

The reason we were not able to initiate a refund is that a dispute was already raised with PayPal. PayPal is notoriously slow to process disputes, and refunds via that avenue take much longer than via us, but the refund should eventually appear in your account.

sofiapartner -- when is the last time you've used our Customer Support? In the last year, we have added two more people to our support team, bringing response times to less than 24 hours.

One thing to remember is that we're located in Melbourne, Australia, and haven't outsourced our support team. This means that yes, it may take us a few hours to respond to tickets, but when we do we are in direct contact with our developers, and can get issues sorted out much more quickly than if we had skeleton support staff elsewhere in the world.

As i can see on my experiences, people from flippa like you, and also Andrew have Active enough to resolve a common issued that has been posted regarding bad review. I like it. Thats great movement for user engagement!

But i do have agree with kosvam posted. Your support is poor. I almost get scammed and your support doesnt take any action regarding what i reported. Even suspended current account that has not paid before. Im just get a chance for new relist. What do you think ?

And another opinion. I know a lil bit about how system ticket on zendesk has going. And i have read how your ticket support is working on time table.

But knowing that your support only answering a question on Ausie Work hour is POOR..

This is my opinion. You running a BIG MONEY, which is need to paid more attention than Hosting support like Hostgator with 24/7/365.

•••
Hi indowebber -- thanks for your feedback.

We look at every ticket individually, and evaluate all claims of fraud on a per-case basis. If there is clear fraud happening, the user is banned, as are any other accounts linked to them which we can detect.

If the case of fraud is less clear (if there's some "he said, she said" happening), the user is given a warning and put on a watchlist. Any other dodgy behaviour (including before a transaction occurs) and they are gone.

Our support guys work incredibly hard, even outside business hours (evenings and weekends). Where did you read that our support team only works Aussie work hours?

The choice to keep all of our support activities local to our office in Melbourne comes out of a concern for quality. Outsourced support can be great, but in our case they would simply give the illusion of round-the-clock help. We much prefer having highly efficient staff, who can get in touch with our web developers when needed.

•••
Hello Ophelie, thanks for joining the conversation.
I never raised any dispute in PayPal, but now I believe that I should had.
I understand that you are based in Australia, but I can't understand how this can cause a week of delay in responding... However, last days, I have to say that your support improved a lot - I had your replies in less than 24hours.
Last one was yesterday, from James, who informed me that you cannot refund me, as PayPal's 60days passed, and an external action would cause a serious book keeping error.
As you can understand, this isn't my fault. I only know that I paid some money, I issued a dispute before the 60 days passed, and because of your late support now you are saying that you can't send me back the money...
Honestly, do you believe that a high reputed company, would done ever that?

•••
Hi indowebber -- thanks for your feedback.

im glad to make conversation like this.

If the case of fraud is less clear (if there's some "he said, she said" happening), the user is given a warning and put on a watchlist. Any other dodgy behaviour (including before a transaction occurs) and they are gone.

I do have sent you a detail on a message. And i have started to watch for what would Ophelie from Flippa do from my Case after i dissapointed with how James reply handle my issued.

Our support guys work incredibly hard, even outside business hours (evenings and weekends). Where did you read that our support team only works Aussie work hours?

I do have experiences on it. Its more than 5 times i sent a message to support, and its always replied in work hours on ausie.

The choice to keep all of our support activities local to our office in Melbourne comes out of a concern for quality.

We are same running a real and serious business. If you dont have a plan to expand such as number of your support, answering on ausie hours, i believe much people will desperated on Flippa :)

•••
Just to inform anyone might interested in,
today I received a full refund, and a free listing as apology for the delay.

•••
I have reported two listings in the past month and both the listings were stopped within 24 hrs.

one user has also be suspended after i reported them to flippa.

The are doing a good job.

One thing i hate about flippa is the listing fee increased to $29 which actually sucks if you are thinking of selling a small niche website for $80-$100.

They should do something about it.

Regards,
Ashish

•••
Hello everyone,

Please suggest me, what should I do if flippa buyer (winning bidder) don't want to pay you (seller) with unbelievable reason: need money to pay medical bill.

This is my second auction at flippa, the first was going smoothly, transfer process fast and we give positive feedback each other. I have sent a question to flippa support but they don't answer until now.

What should I do? I have spent money to designer, fiverr gigs and do various backlinks to promote my auction and now, the buyer just drop it.

Please suggest me, what should I do?
Thank you

Ophelie - if you read my post, please reply me

•••
Report abuse. If the buyer won't pay, you will get free re-listing... and loose more time on this sale - unfortunatelly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back