IT.COM

Flippa wrongfully suspended my account..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tytus

Established Member
Impact
Flippa wrongfully suspended my account as I run multiple auctions everyday on multiple auction sites simultaneously and accidentally pasted the wrong info into my flippa auction which i eventually deleted when I caught on. My trader reviews were perfect.
Then about 10 days later when my auction finished unsold flippa suspended me. Now they want me to send my photo I.D, Photo Id and Picture of my face beside the id. What the hell. Flippa is dying and I rather not use it then go through this hassle.

Anyone heard of this before? Seems ridiculous

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Agreed. Already had my identity stolen by some jerkoff trying to get an apartment in Texas. Not sending my ID to anyone.

Next time watermark your id's with whoever you are sending it to in photoshop. So if for example namejet, just plaster a bunch of namejet.com watermarks on it. Almost impossible for them to do anything and easy to get the source.

•••
Are you saying an auction company that allows its employees to bid in its auctions unbeknownst to the Buyers is a "transparent platform?" That's the funniest sh*t I've heard all day.

Wow! Not a good standard. Shallow & hollow platform. Just my thoughts.

•••
Are you saying an auction company that allows its employees to bid in its auctions unbeknownst to the Buyers is a "transparent platform?" That's the funniest sh*t I've heard all day.

Hey Friend I don't know if employee of any company are biding for the auction. Never said that. It is very funny how you translate or how you gave different meaning to what I wanted to said. I just gave general statement. If we are honest then why would we worry about giving our identity to reputed platform?? Flippa is Alexa Rank 4000 which is very very good platform better than so many other Domain Trading platform. My explanation was general only and no other meaning. If anyone wants to give their own meaning to what I said then everyone has their own outlook and thought process which is not in my control. My intention and outlook towards anyone is positive.

Thanks

•••
The best thing that could happen to you ...
Use outher marketplaces !!! ;)
I read all the threads here and thought I was the lucky one, but since I had started using the support it was apparent that everything everyone has said about them was true. Now this was the final nail in the coffin for me. The only good thing about flippa was that you could find some good domains to flip sometimes, selling wise it's the worst platform.

•••
Flippa is the worst platform ever for sellers support, all they are interested is to have the buyers happy, not the sellers !

•••
Next time watermark your id's with whoever you are sending it to in photoshop. So if for example namejet, just plaster a bunch of namejet.com watermarks on it. Almost impossible for them to do anything and easy to get the source.
My identity was stolen long before I used Flippa. I am neither blaming them nor any other domain-related business for it. For all I know, it was a rental car company that made a copy of it. I'm just very careful now.

•••
Hey Friend I don't know if employee of any company are biding for the auction. Never said that. It is very funny how you translate or how you gave different meaning to what I wanted to said. I just gave general statement. If we are honest then why would we worry about giving our identity to reputed platform?? Flippa is Alexa Rank 4000 which is very very good platform better than so many other Domain Trading platform. My explanation was general only and no other meaning. If anyone wants to give their own meaning to what I said then everyone has their own outlook and thought process which is not in my control. My intention and outlook towards anyone is positive.

Thanks
You are extremely right about your thoughts and opinions; about such this and that. Reputed platform, stablished and overall company performance does counts. If we are honest about things and such, why we would worry about giving out all the info that they want us to provide? Some of us thoughts, it's not necessary for this kind of issue; and some of us thinks be cautions of giving out details info. All things considered; just my thoughts..

•••
Well it seems like I am the only one asked to do the face beside id photograph. I heard promisepay does this, but never flippa themselves.
You are extremely right about your thoughts and opinions; about such this and that. Reputed platform, stablished and overall company performance does counts. If we are honest about things and such, why we would worry about giving out all the info that they want us to provide? Some of us thoughts, it's not necessary for this kind of issue; and some of us thinks be cautions of giving out details info. All things considered; just my thoughts..

Not sure if I understand what you mean but like I said I had 100% rating on flippa with a couple sales and buys and all of sudden they request picture of my face beside my id. This is overboard in my opinion. There is nothing to warrant this request as I have sold and bought things through the platform before. This is just to punish me or at least it feels that way because I made a small mistake which I corrected. It also seems they got mad my auction didn't get sold because I refused to reduce my reserve.
Also I met a user in private chat there from namepro's and discussed about a sale to do outside of flippa, maybe flippa read the discussion between us and got mad they won't receive commission and suspended me for that, but the reason they gave was to something unrelated to anything they mentioned.
Flippa is shady, I read about it on here before but I ignored it. Now I know

•••

Thanks
I don't think he was talking to you specifically. it was a satirical post because Flippa has had a problem with their own staff bidding on auctions...they admitted it. This was just one of many problems that have surfaced. Spend some time reading the posts here and you too will learn what has happened at Flippa in the past and why many people now avoid them.

•••
FLIPPA is a complete disaster. There were many posts on namepros how FLIPPA CHEATED their customers. DO NOT SEND THEM YOUR PHOTO ID!!!!

•••

Thanks

Good for you! You go get 'em!

•••
If we are honest then why would we worry about giving our identity to reputed platform??

US being honest has nothing to do with anyone ELSE being honest.

•••
US being honest has nothing to do with anyone ELSE being honest.

Exactly, I can only trust myself and very few other people. You really don't know what they do behind closed doors with your information. Giving I.D is already too much, but why I.D and I.D beside face picture. I never heard this in my life. Even when filling out for passport renewal online. This is why I always grill whoever is asking for my id online about data encryption, storage of my personal details and what they hold on to after deletion of account.
Many of these companies sell your details to other companies.
Flippa acts very shifty from the start so they are not reputable. It feels like a huge risk sharing any information with them. I requested to have my account removed with them but I doubt they will oblige.
Also why else would they want this information suddenly, if I already have 100% rating from users. It's not like I scammed someone or never paid. Makes no sense other than to collect my personal information and do something unexplained with it.

•••
Exactly, I can only trust myself and very few other people. You really don't know what they do behind closed doors with your information. Giving I.D is already too much, but why I.D and I.D beside face picture. I never heard this in my life. Even when filling out for passport renewal online. This is why I always grill whoever is asking for my id online about data encryption, storage of my personal details and what they hold on to after deletion of account.
Many of these companies sell your details to other companies.
Flippa acts very shifty from the start so they are not reputable. It feels like a huge risk sharing any information with them. I requested to have my account removed with them but I doubt they will oblige.
Also why else would they want this information suddenly, if I already have 100% rating from users. It's not like I scammed someone or never paid. Makes no sense other than to collect my personal information and do something unexplained with it.
Titus, according to the rules & policy of domains; our info are published? This if you don't pay fee to keep your info private. So 98% of our info are out there; and are being recycled. These rules & procedures by such domains companies and the like are somehow controlling, monetary and can create more issues on behalf of you, me and others that didn't pay fee for keeping our info private. But wait, Google, yahoo, Aol, Bing and other free email address providers; they also published your info. Either way we are a victims of such act. They should not published our info without our permissions and concent; however they do! All we can do is to be fair and reasonable to all. This is my last thoughts for this topic.

Last edited:
•••
I once bought a few names from the same seller who in the end sold them off to someone else after I clicked BIN. Seller filed dispute for payment of other domains, however I had made payment (which was sitting in escrow) but I was not releasing till I got the domains I paid for.

With me being new to flippa I was unaware I had to respond to every dispute individually, I however did respond to the first dispute initiated and explained my version of events.

In the end, the seller won the dispute due to me not replying to every dispute individually, lol. (Keep in mind it would of been the same reply for all disputes) and my account was suspended.

Nice going flippa,

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Something hilarious just happened, I message flippa about 3 hours ago and told them to delete my account because these I.D requests are ridiculous after I made them money with my past buys (mostly) and sales and now they treat me like garbage. So I just logged in to see if my account was deleted and viola they removed my suspension.
So it looks like it was just a tactic to annoy me. Like I said, I believe they read my private messages between myself and a namepros user where I made a deal with the person and told them to go outside flippa. They got pissed off and made some BS reason and suspended me. Does this sound professional?
I'm done with flippa, feels like a bunch of children running things over there.

•••
If it was over 1K you need to its the law now.

•••
Like I said, I believe they read my private messages between myself and a namepros user where I made a deal with the person and told them to go outside flippa. They got pissed off and made some BS reason and suspended me. Does this sound professional?
I'm done with flippa, feels like a bunch of children running things over there.

First of all, I am sorry about your problems but let me tell you that is against their ToS when you ask someone to do business outside their patform. I suppose you know this and any platform would suspwbd or ban you.

Regarding the ID request, Not everyone can be happy about it but companies like Amazon, Paypal, and Namejet ask for it. Hell Paypal even asked me to Mail them colored if I wanted my account to be verified.

Recently, I was a number of users complaining about Flippa saying they are accused of multiple accounts. Saw some users fix the issue instantly and some jist kept saying they dont have multiple accounts.

I think the way the truck multiple accounts is through IP, phone , and name. The best thing is tp verify your name and phone once you set it up. Also, when they tell you you have multiple accounts, then ask them to show you the other account and how it is related to your account.

•••
@Joshua Mangan, this is the frequent disconnect between Flippa and your customers I mentioned in the other thread. And these are not rare but occurring from time to time.

It also does not appear that less than 3% of users require photo verification, seems much more. In addition, some users who do not use Flippa Escrow are asked for photo verification as well. Is this photo verification a Flippa verification or Flippa Escrow verification or both?

@FlippaDomains

•••
@Joshua Mangan, this is the frequent disconnect between Flippa and your customers I mentioned in the other thread. And these are not rare but occurring from time to time.

It also does not appear that less than 3% of users require photo verification, seems much more. In addition, some users who do not use Flippa Escrow are asked for photo verification as well. Is this photo verification a Flippa verification or Flippa Escrow verification or both?

@FlippaDomains

I haven't used flippa escrow (promisepay) at all so the answer must be both, as with the request they sent me. I have never heard of another user have to do this (that didn't use flippa escrow) photo with id and face.

•••
@ Abdullah Abdullah, I think the way the truck multiple accounts is through IP, phone , and name. The best thing is tp verify your name and phone once you set it up. Also, when they tell you you have multiple accounts, then ask them to show you the other account and how it is related to your account.
IP, phone , and name, email, Nil, I have none of this, yet I was banned after using flippa escrow with my money still in the vault at that time, reason, multiple account, I wonder if its a bug sending out such random message to random people. You ask for challenge, I will , if it comes to that, every data should be open here and else where to show how and where I operated a multiple account.

@ Tytus I haven't used flippa escrow (promisepay) at all so the answer must be both, as with the request they sent me. I have never heard of another user have to do this (that didn't use flippa escrow) photo with id and face.

I did this verification and I send face, data, Id and cards detail on their request ( Even on namejet , I was verified without that, much ado), Flippa sent me a message that I am successfully verified, Two days latter, I was banned.Someone said I was foolish to have done that, but I sincerely taught they need it for good. although my case is still with them , I have a lot for the world to hear. I have my integrity to watch and protect against any randomness.

Last edited:
•••
I think it is a very good step for this platform, Flippa needed to do this, not only with you but with each of the users.
Domain investment is a legal and professional activity, who for some reason does not understand, simply disappear.
I have had some suspicasia about some very bad domains, so I've seen that have many bids and inflated prices. Then no good names bid is strange behavior Flippa users.
They must be very extrico to enter any platform, so everything is kept and professionally run.
I conclusively that a user who does not have documentation should not be discharged. This would avoid that the users also harmed when bidding or buying a domain. Whether that be irritating. So the platforms to be absolutely transparent, they should begin reconciling information in the moment of signing.

•••
lol....do identity verify and ignore putting fake bid!

•••
Once got banned, Can we create another account. Just asking does anyone tried that?

•••
Once got banned, Can we create another account. Just asking does anyone tried that?
Nope you cant and even if you tried, they will find the new account

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back