Domain Empire

Flippa's "Catalog" domain portfolio listings (Free to list and 10% commission)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NameFu

Professional Design ServicesTop Member
Impact
Maybe I'm super late on this, but I just noticed today that Flippa has a new service to compete with Sedo, allowing you to list your whole domain portfolio for free with a 10% commission on sales.

Have any of you listed your portfolio there yet, and how's your experience been so far?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
That's not at all the case. To where have you addressed your concern?

[email protected]

I sent out an email yesterday at 9:18 am explaining that I had made a counteroffer but that it wasn't appearing anywhere and that I didn't know how to tell if it had gone through. I got a response at 4:08pm telling me that there was no record in my account of a counteroffer. I immediately responded that that was exactly what I had been writing about ( ie that even though I had been placing counteroffers they weren't showing up in my account ). So far, no reply. Ok, so "non-existent" isn't technically accurate but your response time is hardly wonderful.

•••
Could it be that you had been logged out at the time you placed your counteroffer ? Has happened to me a couple times (not with Flippa)

•••
Could it be that you had been logged out at the time you placed your counteroffer ? Has happened to me a couple times (not with Flippa)

No. I figured it out and explained above. Immediately after placing my counteroffer I'd get taken to a page that would indicate that I needed to confirm my phone number but then also show that my phone number had already been confirmed. Below the phone number part was another message stating that I needed to verify my credit card before I'd be allowed to buy a domain worth more than $200. Since that second message didn't appear to apply to me, I just ignored it. As it turns out, you can't submit a counteroffer unless you first become a verified buyer and submit your credit card info. It's not terribly intuitive but becoming a verified buyer seems to have resolved the problem.

•••
•••
•••
After using Flippa Domain listing now for almost half a year i do have some suggestions for improvement as well:

1. Make it possible to add short description to each listing in the catalog (eg. explaining abbreviations in domain names, or listing possible use/business field) -> could be realized via an extra textfield column

2. Make it possible to change the sorting order individually for each listing in my catalog (not just alphabetically descending or ascending etc.) in case i want to present whole portfolios to interested suitors and list them in an order more readable/satisfying to the enduser's eye

Any chance of these improvements coming to the Domain catalog soon?

•••
Quick question, is it ok to list domains on "Make offer" on Flippa when the same domain are listed elsewhere as well? And if sold elsewhere I don't own Flippa anything?

•••
@GravityEleven

I greatly appreciate the feedback and suggestions; they are being taken into account, most definitely.

In addition, here are some general improvements coming very shortly:

— bulk upload capability
— bulk edit capability
— change of branding from ‘Catalog’ to ‘Portfolio’
— easier access for sellers to share and promote their Portfolios
— increased promotional efforts to broadcast sellers’ Portfolios

Any and all feedback is listened to, and in many cases, worked into the improvements. Please field all questions and suggestions to this post, anywhere on the Flippa blog posts, or directly to Help@Flippa

•••
•••
they don't use the term "push" but instead "convert"

-> you can find "convert to auction" quit at the top of the detail page of each domain name (click on domain name in your portfolio)

•••
they don't use the term "push" but instead "convert"

-> you can find "convert to auction" quit at the top of the detail page of each domain name (click on domain name in your portfolio)

I can see the link where you can convert it to auction:

We'll create a new draft auction with all the details you've given us.

This action will cancel the 1 pending offer on this listing when your Auction is launched.

This listing will be removed from your Domain Portfolio when you launch your Auction.

But I don't see the word convert in the 2 links I posted either, the Terms page, the Rules page. I'm looking for some section that will let me know the details of how this works before I do it.

•••
But I don't see the word convert in the 2 links I posted either, the Terms page, the Rules page. I'm looking for some section that will let me know the details of how this works before I do it.

The auction creation cancels the non-auction listing. Not sure what further clarification you need...?

•••
The auction creation cancels the non-auction listing. Not sure what further clarification you need...?
https://www.namepros.com/members/flippadomains.959487/
@FlippaDomains

Shouldn't stuff like that be in the Terms? Before I click the convert to auction button. Can I specify the ending date? How long does it go? Can I add selling points, title etc. The offer acts as the opening bid like a GD push the auction? I'm looking for something where you go into this. Is there a blog post or something?

Last edited:
•••
@FlippaDomains

I need to know soon since I only have 72 hours to make a decision.

Domain listed in the catalog gets an offer. I want to push to auction using that offer as opening bid. Can I pick how many days? What is the range? Last time I checked you can't pick the time? So I have to push it at the hour I want to end?

•••
@FlippaDomains

I tried support, seemed like a template response, didn't answer my question.

Domains listed in the catalog.

I get an offer on one of them.

Email give me 3 choices. 1 and 2 are actually the same choice. Accept, reject or return a counter offer was choice 1. Choice 2 says negotiate another price, which to me is counter offer. The 3rd is what I'm asking about, convert to auction. My question is this.

Does this work like how GoDaddy is setup? Where the initial offer turns into a binding opening bid? I get an offer at GoDaddy, I push to auction, offer is opening bid.

Or it just turns into a regular auction? Nothing happens with initial offer, it just vanishes?

•••
Does this work like how GoDaddy is setup? Where the initial offer turns into a binding opening bid? I get an offer at GoDaddy, I push to auction, offer is opening bid.

Or it just turns into a regular auction? Nothing happens with initial offer, it just vanishes?

First, I'm really sorry I didn't see this sooner and that CS couldn't help you further; but that is basically it - and correct, it just turns into a regular auction. The offer does not convert into an opening bid.

We have thought of mimicking the user experience where an offer becomes a binding bid, albeit *some* buyers don't always want it to go to auction and would cancel their bid before agreeing to a new format.

What would be your preferred experience?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back