IT.COM

Flippa's ridiculous support

Spaceship
Watch

Lyubomir

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

I just wanted to share with you my experience with Flippa support.

On Wednesday at 20.21 o'clock I received an email with following content:

Hi ,

Your account has been suspended temporarily due to potential site rule/guideline violations.

A short explanation for the suspension is outlined below:

Links to user ***** -
If you believe a mistake has been made on our part, or if you would like to resolve this issue, please contact us at [email protected]

Sincerely,
Flippa Team

At 20.24 I wrote this to the support:

Hello,

I've just received an email telling me that my account is suspended with this explanation:
Links to user ***** -

Can someone explain me what is going on and why my account is suspended ?

Thanks,

At 20.55 I received this:

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out!

Apologies for the confusion. I'm going to escalate this to a supervisor as they are in a better position to help you with this. You can expect a response from them soon.

In the meantime, if you need further assistance, do let me know - I'm happy to help.

Cheers,

At 21.09 I wrote this:

Hello,

But I have active listings right now. How is this possible?! When I'll have more information? I think I'm a good customer to you and I've transferred couple of thousands of dollars to your company and now this?! When someone will explain me what is happening ?

Thanks

On Thursday at 10.34 I still had no answer and wrote this:

Hello,

Can someone explain me what is happening ? When my account will be available and can I help you with something ?

Thanks,

After more than 8 hours at 18.51 I received this:

Hello there,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm sorry about the delay in having this issue resolved. I would expect that you should not need to wait too much longer to know the status of your account.

In the meantime, so that we can consider reactivating your account, we need you to perform a few tasks that will allow us to confirm your identity. Please send in a picture or scanned copy of your primary photo ID, as well as a picture of you holding that ID with your face and the ID clearly visible to compare likeness. (See attached proper ID images) Our Marketplace Integrity Team will review this information and then respond to your reactivation request.

Hope this information helps. Do let me know if you need any further clarification or information.

Cheers,

At 19.15 I sent the data they wanted and wrote this:

Hello,

I've attached the images. I want to ask you couple of questions:

1. When my account will be ok again?
2. What happened?
3. Will I be compensated in some way?
4. Can you guarantee that this won't happen again? Because I don't need any additional stress and nerves like those ones you provided me yesterday and today.

Thanks

Thursday evening - no answer
Friday - no answer
Saturday - no answer
On Saturday at 14.57 I wrote this:

Hello,

Will someone explain me what is happening? I've attached the info and there are no actions from your side and my account is still suspended. What is going on?

Thanks

Later - no answer
Sunday - no answer
Monday - no answer

I think this is ridiculous and just wanted to share it with you. They fucked up my listings and everything and NOBODY tells me why. I've never cheated in my life and I feel offended from their behavior.

@FlippaDomains , I would love to hear your opinion on the case!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Really sorry things took so long to resolve. I'll need the ticket ID to look into this for you.

•••
Hope you get sorted soon. It is frustrating when these things happen, but that frustration is escalated when nothing is done about it and worse no responses. Things can and do go wrong, unavoidable for some issues to rear their heads, but it's how they're handled that counts. I imagine it'll be sorted quickly now given the above reply :)

•••
@FlippaDomains request ID is: 310782
@james haw , yes I agree with you! I know problems are happening and I know Flippa are trying to do their best for their customers. But when there is a problem the communication is very important part so the problem could be solved fast and smooth.

•••
Couple of hours ago miracle happened ! I've received an email from Flippa. The email is as follow:

Hi,
As per the suspension message you were suspended due to links to '*****' and we wanted to speak with you regarding this and see what you had to say about the links which you have not stated whether you know about the other account or not.

Kind Regards,
And I answered this:

Hello,
What links? What is happening ? How can I help so this can be sorted out ?

Thanks,

But this email doesn't help me at all. The is no information what/why/how is happening and it still is not sorter out, I'll keep you in the loop :)

•••
Yeah. They love this stuff. I also had my account suspended out of the blue a few month ago, because of some "links" to an user i had no idea who that was. It took like a week with all scans and pics and docs etc.

•••
@golan what happened in the end ? Because I've send the data they wanted 6 days ago.

•••
In the end they wrote that the evidence of the linkage "are strong", but since that happened a few years ago and i had some solid transactions since, they restored my acc...

•••
@Lyubomir - First, I want to apologize for how long it took to get initial clarity into this matter. It does NOT usually takes our support agents that long, and I assure you the delay was due to carefully looking into the suspicious links we found within your account. We also are short-staffed for this week, but that is a poor excuse. I have escalated the ticket so that you will receive a response today with more clarification.

•••
for swifter and better resolution of such cases, id not talk about compensations. jmo
gl

Last edited:
•••
@FlippaDomains , I received an email. But the email told me: we see some links with some 2 users. Who are they ? I have never heard of them. And I have no idea what/why you system is showing something like this. How we can sort this out ?

•••
@FlippaDomains , I received an email. But the email told me: we see some links with some 2 users. Who are they ? I have never heard of them. And I have no idea what/why you system is showing something like this. How we can sort this out ?

These notifications occur because the system picks up on links to other accounts, whether through your involvement or not.

Did someone use the same computer as you, or did you help someone create their account through your IP?

•••
The link to another account on Flippa also happen based on below scenario. Their logic on this linkage is BS. But they are linking accounts based on Whois details.

1. You list your domain on Flippa. The domain doesn't get sold.
2. So, you sell the domain somewhere else (e.g Namepros)
3. The person whom you have sold the domain name also lists this domain in his Flippa account. Which means now there are two accounts having one domain name. (one is the new registrant and the other is old registrant)
4. Flippa links between these two accounts.

It makes no sense because a domain is sold, whois has been updated and now you are linking these two accounts based on this logic. How many linkages are you going to create based on this logic?

•••
@FlippaDomains , I can guarantee that nobody used my PC and I haven't helped nobody to register in Flippa. But according to your words if I have dynamic IP from my provider or if someone crack my WiFi or my girlfriend register in Flippa with the same IP your system will flag me as suspended, is that correct ? Because if this is correct you MUST change your system. We live in 2016 and blocking users based some IP is not a very good decision, because IPs are easy and inexpensive to change and they do not prove anything. Also I send you over my ID and all data needed, I cannot see where is the problem right now? Please advice what are the next steps. Thanks

•••
The link to another account on Flippa also happen based on below scenario. Their logic on this linkage is BS. But they are linking accounts based on Whois details.

3. The person whom you have sold the domain name also lists this domain in his Flippa account. Which means now there are two accounts having one domain name. (one is the new registrant and the other is old registrant)

It makes no sense because a domain is sold, whois has been updated and now you are linking these two accounts based on this logic. How many linkages are you going to create based on this logic?

@Messiah I think you're mistaken, because we do not flag based on WhoIs, otherwise we'd have tens of thousands of false positives.

@FlippaDomains , I can guarantee that nobody used my PC and I haven't helped nobody to register in Flippa. But according to your words if I have dynamic IP from my provider or if someone crack my WiFi or my girlfriend register in Flippa with the same IP your system will flag me as suspended, is that correct ? Because if this is correct you MUST change your system. We live in 2016 and blocking users based some IP is not a very good decision, because IPs are easy and inexpensive to change and they do not prove anything. Also I send you over my ID and all data needed, I cannot see where is the problem right now? Please advice what are the next steps. Thanks

@Lyubomir I understand your frustration and am working with my team to confirm what the underlying issue may be. Standby.

•••
@Messiah I think you're mistaken, because we do not flag based on WhoIs, otherwise we'd have tens of thousands of false positives.
Not mistaken. It was told to me by Josh W who is Flippa Integrity Supervisor and here is his quote.

Hi,
The link is based on whois details,it appears you have listed a domain in the last month that showed them as the registrant.

Please let us know if you need further information or assistance.

Kind Regards,
Josh W
Marketplace Integrity Supervisor

•••
@FlippaDomains , I'm on standby for 8th day in a row. How much it would take ? How much do you think is normal for such problem to be resolved? And who/how can guarantee me that this won't happen again? Thanks

•••
Not mistaken. It was told to me by Josh W who is Flippa Integrity Supervisor and here is his quote.

I misunderstood what you meant, sorry. This is to ensure sellers do not list domains they do not own. I do not hear of this happening often - cannot edit above, but certainly not tens of thousands of times. Disregard!

@FlippaDomains , I'm on standby for 8th day in a row. How much it would take ? How much do you think is normal for such problem to be resolved? And who/how can guarantee me that this won't happen again? Thanks

I'm checking for you now.

•••
@FlippaDomains , my account is restored now, thanks! Please make another process for bad customers and scams. You can first send an email and ask to person to reply with some data for X hours and then suspend them.

•••
@FlippaDomains , my account is restored now, thanks! Please make another process for bad customers and scams. You can first send an email and ask to person to reply with some data for X hours and then suspend them.
We are working on revising, yes. I apologize again for how long it took to hear back from someone - let alone resolve.

•••
Same here... two auctions are paid for, money gone from my Paypal and they did not go live, support not really helping.

•••
•••
I've had a few issues on Flippa and the support was usually quick and very helpful.

•••

I don't think that this is the reason, what you describe here has happened to me before where I sell a domain that I had previously listed on Flippa to someone outside and I didn't get my account flagged.
And it's happened a few times where I buy a domain somewhere else and then go to list it on Flippa but the previous owner still has it as an active listing. This is usually very easily resolved.

@Lyubomir sorry to hear about your troubles, hope all worked out in the end.

Personally I must say that I'm most pleased with Flippa support, I've contacted them on numerous occasions and every time my issue was resolved extremely fast.

Last edited:
•••
Same here... two auctions are paid for, money gone from my Paypal and they did not go live, support not really helping.

An agent assisted you today, I can confirm. Let us know if you still need anything.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back