Domain Empire

Forum Voice Development

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
People. :cy:

I own the domain name ForumVoice.com, and I would really like to develop it. I have one problem though, I'm not sure about anything specific I can develop with it...

Obviously, with the name having 'forum' apart of it, I'd be looking into starting up a forum, but the 'voice' doesn't leave me with many options.

The only really thing I could think around 'voice' would be multimedia and opinions. I'm not sure about multimedia, because thats a big wide cateorgy, and there would only be soo much development I could do with it. I don't have anything specific for an opinionated forum.

I'd appreciate if you guys have any opinions on what I could use this domain for. I would like to develop it for a long running website, rather than just to up the value of the domain.

Thanks alot for any replies in advance.

Darren

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just a suggestion :)

You could develop it into a serious forum tackling serious political, social, economic, etc... issues.
There could be a section for "Racism", another for "Homosexuality", and sections for other serious issues. The discussions could target specific organizations responsible for an specific issue.
Then your forum would have a "Voice" :) Just like, people should have a say in issues concerning them.

Am I on the right track? :(

Good Luck!

•••
Thanks Ed.

Somebody has already mentioned this, aswell as I have given some thought to it. I'm not really a political person nor do I have such a big interest in politics, so this wouldn't be such a good start for me.

Also, for a forum to have such an input in several different area's of politics, I feel it would be hard to keep things under control aswell. Great for people sharing their opinions and having their say, but still, everybody takes things differently.

I had a random thought earlier of making it into a website where people could come and share their emotional and physical problems, and have other people give them advice on what to do, and share opinions of the situation.

Thanks again for your help, and anybody else that replies.

•••
You're right. No sense in putting up a forum for the issues I mentioned. I can just imagine the amount and level of disagreement going to be present :)

You're welcome.

•••
•••
you can build this forum on "forum" like build a forum, forum mods total upon forum development.

•••
Originally posted by webscorpion
You're right. No sense in putting up a forum for the issues I mentioned. I can just imagine the amount and level of disagreement going to be present :)

But disagreement, as long as they're the constructive ones (and not flames) isn't all that bad at all.. and in fact might yield to make the place more "interesting"... although it's usually the flame type of thing I must admit that it ultimately results to...

•••
you can build this forum on "forum" like build a forum, forum mods total upon forum development.

Thats quite a nice idea. I've been thinking sometime about doing some kind of 'development' thing. Ideas of different development structures to take on certain areas of a website; forum development, content development, design development etc...

A forum dedicated to 'forum development' for people to share opinions, scripts and design on others forum work could actually work.

I'd just be so-so about this idea, as I know of a few people setting up a forum evolving around the same type of thing.

But disagreement, as long as they're the constructive ones (and not flames) isn't all that bad at all.. and in fact might yield to make the place more "interesting"... although it's usually the flame type of thing I must admit that it ultimately results to...

No matter what forum your on, there is always a rule or statement that basically says constructive criticism is welcome, however 'flaming' is not tolerated... Regardless of that statement, 'flaming' always happens, no matter what kind of forum it is. I'd expect the rate of 'flaming' to be much more higher on an opinionated polictics forum, unless there was a very strong set of rules put in force.

Even then, nobody wants a forum based on rules, because it can become too limited as to what you can do and say; On the other hand, this could maybe even be a good thing...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back