Dynadot

Furm.com appraisal formula

NameSilo
Watch

Randy93

Established Member
Impact
I have some questions in furm.com appraisal formula. Take this domain for example askyd .com why it is valued over 25K? Am I missing something or is there a hidden meaning.
1693214293522.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It’s not perfect but misspelt names will be priced high due to it being a brandable bias place

•••
Make
It’s not perfect but misspelt names will be priced high due to it being a brandable bias place
Make sense, but see these estimates from popular tools
godaddy - $1500
Furm - $25000 +
There is huge difference in domain appraisal tools which could be similar atleast 20% 30% but this is wild variation.

•••
not sure why askyd.com over 25k, I do some testing, .I checked asky.com it showing 8K around...askid.com over 25k, while zilla.com less 5k...so....do u think this AI is smart

Last edited:
•••
Not sure why FURM estimate it $25K, here is another popular appraisal site saw .com couldn't estimate the domain they responded we couldn't estimate your domain our staff looking into it. IMO
not sure why askyd.com over 25k, I do some testing, .I checked asky.com it showing 8K around...askid.com over 25k, while zilla.com less 5k...so....do u think this AI is smart

1693216290960.png

•••
It's all based on past sales, length, keywords and so on, alter/furm and godaddy have dramatically different data, it's just another proof that you shouldn't blindly rely on any appraisal service.

•••
It's all based on past sales, length, keywords and so on, alter/furm and godaddy have dramatically different data, it's just another proof that you shouldn't blindly rely on any appraisal service.
True, there are no realistic appraisal tool that gives at least 50% accurate value, minimum.

•••
Checking "Navy.se" it gave the value of "Around $21,975" compared to something like Fetch.se being around 200

It seems to value names oddly

•••
Checking "Navy.se" it gave the value of "Around $21,975" compared to something like Fetch.se being around 200

It seems to value names oddly
True, Do you know any other appraisal tool that provide reasonable fair value?

•••
Finally I understood why FURM valued $25000 for askyd.com! Ask your doctor. This is the only explanation I could relate to this massive appraisal value.

Last edited:
•••
•••
HumbleWorth is pretty cool
Sorry to say this, but most of the domains I try at HumbleWorth value zero. I don't know what metrics they using for valuations but mostly returns zero.

•••
•••
Sorry to say this, but most of the domains I try at HumbleWorth value zero. I don't know what metrics they using for valuations but mostly returns zero.
i ran ...humbleworth.com...through humbleworth.com, they said it was worthless!

•••
i ran ...humbleworth.com...through humbleworth.com, they said it was worthless!
Haha that’s epic! We got to appreciate their honesty 😅

•••
•••
True, there are no realistic appraisal tool that gives at least 50% accurate value, minimum.
I don't agree Dnrater.com do accurate appraisal check it on dnrater twitter account

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back