Domain Empire

Getting affiliates for your CB ebook

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,

I'll soon be launching my first ebook on clickbank, and I was wondering how you would get affiliates to promote your product. It is a fairly small niche market and currently there are no competing products on CB.

I'm planning to google the keyword and contact the websites that show in the first 3 pages.
And maybe look for any newsletters/mailing lists that are relevant.

Any other tips?
Are there any sites/forums that you can submit your product to 'advertise it' to affiliates?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah contacting other webmasters and list owners is a good idea. The best way though is to build some kind of relationship with these people as a cold 'promote my stuff' email is likely to be ignored.

Make sure that your product is converting well though before you do this... that way you'll get affiliates that stay. It's one thing to recruit an affiliate but it's another to keep 'em. Plus if your product is converting and selling well you'll move up in gravity and popularity and will rank higher on the ClickBank marketplace for your chosen category putting your product in front of even more potential affiliate eyes.

Another thing that you should do is build a decent affiliate section where affiliates can find banners, pre-written sales emails and all of the perks listed to make it really easy and attractive to your affiliates. And don't be stingy on the commission either!

Also check out JV Notify Pro. It's a decent community for networking with other CB product owners.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Jay.

It is true that ideally the product is converting well before contacting potential affiliates, but I'll need to get affiliates for it to start converting no? I doubt it will get picked up if just let it sit on CB for a while.

Re commision, I'll be offering 75%, so each sale would make the affilate $20+...should be a good incentive!

Had never heard of JV Notify before, will check it out thanks!

•••
You can also try giving out review copies to bloggers to get some additional exposure.

•••
Thanks for the input Razor; ye I'm contacting bloggers who deal with the topic and offering them a free copy if they are interested in writing a review (plus they ll get 75% commission for every sale they make...).

Btw my book has gone online yesterday, still waiting for the first sale!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back