NameSilo

Getting my Domain Back?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Okay, About a year ago I exchanged a domain of mine with a large company in exchange for $75, which was the cost I paid for the domain. I handed the domain over to the webmaster of the large corporation and waited for my check. Check was invalid, and so they said they would send me a replacement check. They did not. Several months late I get a bankruptcy notice stating that the Law Firm representing the large company would be unable to pay me my $75. Given that, am I entitled to request the domain back?

Sadly the domain MIGHT be considered an instant WIPO loss, but I do think I should recieve compensation for the domain.

Thanks for any advice.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd think if they had no intention of ever paying you, that would be fraud, and something illegal isn't covered by bankruptcy I don't think...

•••
The company may be fooling you that they are bankrupt. Anyways, they're still supposed to pay you in a way even if they are bankrupt. I would say this is fraud also.

•••
What pisses me off is the Larger COmpany is a Billion Dollar Multi-national company, and the law firm they used is a Fortun 500 Comapny, yet they most likely spent thousands of dollars to TAKE my domain from me, when I just wanted $75 :(

•••
what is the company? it is easy to check if they filled.

•••
•••
If I remember, the original thread was about Segagames.com...

•••
Sorry, But i cant control my laugh.

A big company cant pay just 75$.

THatz bad

•••
Yah, It is SegaGames.com

In case this thread could be used to show bad intent, I wont say that it was a clear-cut Winner for me, but I am a fan of Sega and would have happily given them the domain if they gave me the $75 that they said they would in the papers.

Since they have not paid the $75 as per their obligation, they should re-imburse me.

Perhaps something I should call their lawyers (If they are still aroudn), or them about?

•••
You could sue them in small claims court of course for breaking your agreement, if its worth it to you. Costs around $5 in most counties to file a case.

•••
Dont let them go away with it. They are doing it on purpose it seems.

•••
Why did you give it up in the first place? Did they legally threaten you? Did they represent Sega? If so, then forget it..

You'd have to go to their state to file a small claims case, so it wouldn't really be worth the money. Probably should chock it up as a learning experience and move on.

•••
contact your local newspapers
they will write an article on it, some of them have internet wired sections.

u will then get a reaction from sega , and also some revenge

•••
I would contact them once more saying that it isn't leagal and if they don't reply then I would take them to court. It is not fair what they did to you. It more than a domain at stake here, it is morals. :)
Melinda

•••
I would agree. Best thing to do right now.

•••
Originally posted by dax
Sue them for fraud.

Agreed.. They made an agreement you sent the domain and never got paid for it.. its fraud.. File it with a small claims court...

•••
get uhmmmmmm

Yes its not really legal

yet companies do stupid stuff like this all the time, because very few people fight them

•••
Actually SegaGames did not go bankrupt, they stopped making dreamcasts. They continue to make games for consoles though.

•••
HI

You say in your posts that you have papers,,,, do you mean you have a copy of papers they sent you stating they would pay you $75 for the domain name, if so I would contact them again asking for the funds, other wise I would say I would contact my local newspaper.. and then you could also use one of your other domain names to get free publicity for it, LOL

I bet the publicity would be worth more then the $75 owed to you :)

Good Luck,

Thanks
Tom Dahne

Expired Domain Spy

http://www.expireddomainspy.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back