IT.COM

Get Domain Back To My Godaddy Account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ahmedejaz

Impact
Hello on Jan 13 2023 I transferred from my GoDaddy account to another persons GoDaddy account

The dpmain is basically my website on which I work. This guy talked with me on Facebook messenger to buy this site and askede to transfer the domain.

I have transfered the domain and now he or she has blocked me. I have transfered to their godaddy account, please help me how can i get my domain back, i have already emailed undo godaddy havent got any reply,

Please if anybody has solutions

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Last edited:
•••
Dont forget to tag @GoDaddy, i just did so, for you.
thankyou i hope i get my domain back, i have change update, but i think when i transfered the whois also got updated

•••
I hope something can be done, but unfortunately it might be hard to undue a transfer that you voluntarily made.

If it was an unauthorized transfer, that is a different story.

Brad

•••
I hope something can be done, but unfortunately it might be hard to undue a transfer that you voluntarily made.

Brad
i shoot them an email godaddy undo right after 5 hours, i hope i get my domain, they just dont did this to me they have done this to many others.

They are based in bangladesh

•••

Brad
The person is asking 1500$, i have the site files still on my hosting, i still have the social accounts for the site, i have my purchase reciept etc

•••
i shoot them an email godaddy undo right after 5 hours, i hope i get my domain, they just dont did this to me they have done this to many others.

They are based in bangladesh
I feel bad for anyone that got scammed. I hope you can get your domain back.

The problem is when you voluntarily push the domain, it is just not that easy to undue.

That is not an unauthorized transfer.

If the other party does not pay you, that is more like a contractual dispute.

GoDaddy (and most companies) will normally not get involved in these type of situations.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I feel bad for anyone that got scammed. I hope you can get your domain back.

The problem is when you voluntarily push the domain, it is just not that easy to undue.

That is not an unauthorized transfer.

If the other party does not pay you, that is more like a contractual dispute.

GoDaddy (and most companies) will normally not get involved in these type of situations.

If it was
is there anything i can do other then godaddy

•••
is there anything i can do other then godaddy
I don't really know the specifics of what happened exactly.

You just pushed the domain to another party that promised to pay you, then they disappeared?

If that is the case, it is likely going to be hard to undue.

That is why people use some type of escrow service or marketplace when they sell domains.

It's always a risk when you trust some random person.

I wish I had some good solution to offer.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I don't really know the specifics of what happened exactly.

You just pushed the domain to another party that promised to pay you, then they disappeared?

If that is the case, it is likely going to be hard to undue.

That is why people use some type of escrow service or marketplace when they sell domains.

It's always a risk when you trust some random person.

I wish I had some good solution to offer.

Brad
i was thinking of contacting interpol

•••
i was thinking of contacting interpol
There are multiple authorities you can file complaints with, depending on jurisdiction.

However, in reality I can't see them doing much.

In the grand scheme of things, this is kind of a small potato situation.

Do you have the other parties actual information?

If so, are you sure it is accurate and not just some fake info they provided?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
T
There are multiple authorities you can file complaints with, depending on jurisdiction.

However, in reality I can't see them doing much.

In the grand scheme of things, this is kind of a small potato situation.

Do you have the other parties actual information?

If so, are you sure it is accurate and not just some fake info they provided?

Brad
They countinusly change their name, when i got deal his name was abrar khan and now its benjamin boos

•••
The trouble with these kind of authorised and legitimate transfers is that you are then asking Godaddy to act as Judge and Jury purely on what you say has happened. The fraud isn't in the domain transfer but in the failure to pay. I agree with all the other comments, I can only see you being able to bring a Civil action to remedy.

Last edited:
•••
The trouble with these kind of authorised and legitimate transactions is that you are then asking Godaddy to act as Judge and Jury purely on what you say has happened. The fraud isn't in the domain transfer but in the failure to pay. I agree with all the other comments, I can only see you being able to bring a Civil action to remedy.
how please guide, the domain is in the persons godaddy account, godaddy can revert it back to my account, the scammars cant do anything, i haave the reciept, i have my card that i used to buy

•••
I doubt you'll like the outcome . But your failure to receive payment is after the legitimate act of a domain transfer. It really is irrelevant where the domain is now held. I don't see this progressing the way you wish. Even if you manage to get Godaddy involved, they are more likely to direct you to the T&C's of the internal domain transfers which will annul them of any responsibility. IF the transfer itself was NOT fraudulent This was actioned by you so therefore clearly authorised. You can't blame Godaddy for your lack of your due care or due diligence over payment.
Think about it. The new owner has no obligation to explain to Godaddy his 'Purchase' (unpaid or Not) If he chooses he could equally come-up with a fictitious story about the purchase being completely legitimate. Can't see why he would bother though.

Personally I think you have said goodbye to this domain without expensive civil court action. I wish I could conclude a better outcome for you but, I really don't see how. Actioning a domain sale on purely trust rather than an escrow service is never ever a good idea.

Last edited:
•••
This is why sellers rely on escrow services rather than the good faith of the people of the Internet.

It's especially troublesome if it's an international dispute.

i haave the reciept, i have my card that i used to buy
What are you talking about? You transferred without payment, so how can you have a receipt for said payment.

Let's be blunt. You were scammed, and there's no easy way of getting your domain back.

Last edited:
•••
This is why sellers rely on escrow services rather than the good faith of the people of the Internet.

It's especially troublesome if it's an international dispute.

What are you talking about? You transferred without payment, so how can you have a receipt for said payment.

Let's be blunt. You were scammed, and there's no easy way of getting your domain back.
i mean i have my godaddy reciept of domain purchase and my card

•••
i mean i have my godaddy reciept of domain purchase and my card.

I know you mean the original purchase. But that has no relevance to you transferring your domain onwards.. All that godaddy can see is the original record of purchase and a Correctly actioned and legitimate Push between accounts.. Everything else between the parties becomes just hear-say and speculation. Whatever else you produce is NOT a legally valid document. Godaddy were never aparty to your original agreement with this fraudulent individual.

Imagine what could happen if they transferred the domain back to you on your say-so or in any other case. They would open themselves up to all sorts of litigation for fraudulent transfers. Court order to implement is a different matter and that's pretty much the end of it

Last edited:
•••
i mean i have my godaddy reciept of domain purchase and my card
That doesn't matter because you could've purchased the domain from Godaddy (registration or aftermarket) and then given it away to someone else. Godaddy doesn't have the right to transfer back the domain, because then they'd be liable for a lawsuit.

This is now a matter that has to be settled in court.

If you intended to sell the domain you should've used an escrow service or relied on an aftermarket platform.

Last edited:
•••
Hello on Jan 13 2023 I transferred from my GoDaddy account to another persons GoDaddy account
Sorry to say, but you made a costly mistake here.

With the internal account transfer of your domain, you agreed to the GoDaddy ToS, and I'm afraid GoDaddy will not be able to help you further. For GoDaddy it's irrelevant if the domain was sold or transferred for free, it's only relevant that you initiated the domain transfer and accepted their ToS.

In the future, do not transfer any domain without first having received payment, or use an escow service.

In addition, Interpol won't be able to help you either. You should contact your local or national police, not Interpol. You can also start a legal procedure. For what price did you sell the domain?

Last edited:
•••
This is NOT what you want to hear but I'm going to say it anyway:

You acted foolishly.

You transferred a developed website to a random individual on the internet because they promised to pay. I bet he came out of nowhere and offered you a LOT more than the website is worth.

There are tons of platforms where websites can be sold and bought but you chose to ignore them all.

That is on you.

That said, this situation should qualify as some kind of Social Engineering scam. So, all may not be lost.

You receipt of purchase (and maybe, renewal) and the scammer has none. Follow up with GoDaddy and see what they have to see.

By the way, are you still in control of the hosting?

Also if the website is active with interactions from real people, you should post on the social media handles you control that the website is compromised at the moment.

You don't want more liabilities.

•••

You acted foolishly.

You transferred a developed website to a random individual on the internet because they promised to pay. I bet he came out of nowhere and offered you a LOT more than the website is worth.

There are tons of platforms where websites can be sold and bought but you chose to ignore them all.

That is on you.

That said, this situation should qualify as some kind of Social Engineering scam. So, all may not be lost.

You receipt of purchase (and maybe, renewal) and the scammer has none. Follow up with GoDaddy and see what they have to see.

Also if the website is active with interactions from real people, you should post on the social media handles you control that the website is compromised at the moment.

yes the site files are on my hosting, he just changes the nameservers.

•••

You acted foolishly.

That is on you.

you are right, he made sure that he is trust worthy, and its not just me, i have checked communities on facebook, and they are doing this from last few months the team is based in bangladesh and they are scamming people they also have a group of 129k people in to earn peoples trust

•••
Why in the world would you push a domain without receiving payment first? You have learned a costly mistake.

GoDaddy will not get involved over a voluntary push that you initiated. The details of you being scammed have nothing to do with the fact that you took a risky action and pushed a domain to an unknown entity without using an escrow service and receiving payment first.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back