Dynadot

status-monitor Give Domain Lists Forums same Edit Privileges as Sales Forums

Spaceship
Watch

Ategy

Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.comTop Member
Impact
Hi again .. today I was approached by somebody who follows my daily lists of auctions and closeouts who bought one of the closeout domains listed asking me to edit-out the domain so it wouldn't be indexed by Google as a closeout. I would have been more than happy to, but because I posted the domain on Auction days before and on closeout hours before, it was beyond the 30 minute limit.

Although I see how it wan't really thought of before, it kinda makes sense that the privileges be the same as the sales forums.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks for the suggestion,

We are considering adjusting the edit time limits of that forum.

•••
Cool .. Some domains I share both at Auction, then at $5 Closeout 6 days later .. so if it's not unlmited like the sales forums(which would be simpler), then it would need to be at least 6 days .. plus extra for the person to contact the list makers .. then more to give us time to edit in case we aren't around a couple of days.

•••
Any development on this? (aka bump ;) )

•••
Currently management doesn't plan to change it, but I'm still pushing on it for you. ;)

•••
•••
I'm a community administrator.
The management team must be in agreement before I can make this change. ;)

•••
Still would love to have this .. so yeah .. bump for that first and foremost .. lol .. but in related news ...

If there is a way to extend the privilege to the thread level .. then it would be great to have the "Sandbox" not be limited to 30 minutes so that I can tinker and re-tinker and not worry about testing everything I need to test in 30 minutes or less .. something things aren't as simple as pizza delivery! ;)

•••
it would be great to have the "Sandbox" not be limited to 30 minutes so that I can tinker and re-tinker and not worry about testing everything I need to test in 30 minutes or less .. something things aren't as simple as pizza delivery! ;)
lol Funny. Unfortunately, we don't have a way to apply limits to a specific thread (they're based on categories/forums).

However, we've created a members-only forum for it:
Posts can be edited without time limits in there and members can create test threads.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back