Dynadot

.me GoDaddy, Afilias & Me-Net to run .ME TLD

Spaceship
Watch
Godaddy, Afilias & Me-Net to run .ME TLD

Four months ago, ICANN/IANA assigned the .ME ccTLD to Montenegro. Once the news was out, the Internet community immediately realized the branding potential of the extension. The country declared independence in 2006 from the former state union Serbia and Montenegro. The government of Montenegro has selected Godaddy, Afilias & Me-Net (a local company) to run the .ME tld in partnership under their new alliance called doMEn. The contract lasts for 5 years I believe.

Godaddy will be marketing the .me domain and Afilias, which currently acts as the registry for .INFO, .ORG, and certain ccTLDs will provide the registry infrastructure for the new .ME domain.

More information
Godaddy Press Release
Dotsauce DNXpert.com

:)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you know when this cctld will be released?

•••
No exact launch date has been announced yet but sources say that it will be sometime in 2008.

•••
k1dprodigy said:
Do you know when this cctld will be released?
Late 2008 / beginning 2009

•••
There goes my enthousiasm for .ME :( I know they are having a lot of customers, but I have bad experiences with GD and simply don't trust them. Luckily though Afilias is the ones who will do the registrations apparently while GD only gets involved in promotional work? If that is the case I get more enthousiast, Afilias has been doing good work with .INFO. I would not trust a ccTLD administered by GD though, not even if it has potential like .ME surely has.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back