Dynadot

GoDaddy and backorder!?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello all..

I am confuse about godaddy backorders policy!!
Recently I backorder 3 domains at godaddy and they already charged 56.97 from my paypal??

What if I am unable to get those domain names? will I get back the amount which godaddy took from my paypal account?

Appreciate your help :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unfortunately not. GoDaddy will give you a 'backorder credit' to use on future backorders. I've had one for nearly two years and have not even successfully caught a dropping name held at GoDaddy.

•••
ITsurfers said:
Hello all..

I am confuse about godaddy backorders policy!!
Recently I backorder 3 domains at godaddy and they already charged 56.97 from my paypal??

What if I am unable to get those domain names? will I get back the amount which godaddy took from my paypal account?

Appreciate your help :)

When the domain drops and it's picked up by GoDaddy it then goes to the auction. The backorder you placed guarantees you the first bid on that domain. If no other user bids higher than you then the domain is yours. AFAIK

I'm not sure about the refund policy but I think they're gonna give you a hard time for it. It's a good idea to check their policies and TOS for more details.

•••
AHA7 said:
The backorder you placed guarantees you the first bid on that domain. If no other user bids higher than you then the domain is yours. AFAIK

That is the idea, but I've backordered a domain registered at GoDaddy with GoDaddy and ended up getting it at Snapnames after it dropped. I've seen this happen to others from here too.
Very frustrating.

•••
ohh.. thats strnage..
Actually they only should charge me once successfully backorder the domain..

Well.. so should I consider my $$ wasted?

•••
S~ said:
That is the idea, but I've backordered a domain registered at GoDaddy with GoDaddy and ended up getting it at Snapnames after it dropped. I've seen this happen to others from here too.
Very frustrating.

AFAIK it's the registry (ICANN) that drops all domains not the registrar (e.g. GoDaddy). So, a dropping domain that has been registered at GoDaddy has only a "better chance" to be picked up by GoDaddy as they know the exact dates and times of the different expiration process phases of that domain.

•••
I think the backorder fee is not refund?
But you can try to contact godaddy sales department.....

Backorder working only register by godaddy & reseller only?
If else backorder by other registrar. Example: Snapnames, pool.

•••
ITsurfers said:
ohh.. thats strnage..
Actually they only should charge me once successfully backorder the domain..

Well.. so should I consider my $$ wasted?

Well, just wait until the domains are dropped and see what you get. If you don't get them then contact GoDaddy support and tell them you misunderstood how their backordering process works and that you thought the backorders would guarantee you the domains after they drop (which didn't happen in this case). Ask them for refund and see how it goes...

•••
ok all..

Thanks for your time and advice .. :D

•••
Godaddy is not that popular for backorders, just like their paid parking service..

•••
so what service is good for backorders?

•••
Namejet.com, Snapnames.com, Pool.com

•••
Just a clarification for AHAZ, ICANN does not act as a registry. In the case of .com, the registry operator is Verisign and they are the ones who release deleted domains back into the market through the daily drop. No one single registrar has an advantage over another as all the "deleting" domains are published by Verisign. The only situation where a registrar has an advantage is when the domain has expired but has not yet deleted. The registrar can still renew and sell to someon else.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back