NameSilo

news GoDaddy Not Allowing Transfers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ulterios

The Bear is Sticky with HoneyTop Member
Impact
I went to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to Namesilo a little while ago and after checking out and paying I received this message in my Namesilo transfer manager:

Please note that Godaddy has been having problems with their WHOIS service for nearly 4 days. Therefore, if you are transferring domains from Godaddy and the status of your transfers show "Retrieving Administrative Contact Email", this is due to the problems with Godaddy. Unfortunately, per ICANN rules, we are required to get WHOIS information directly from the losing registrar. We have notified Godaddy, but they have failed to reply or even acknowledge the problem. We hope they do so soon so that domains can be transferred.

If you have been waiting more than a few hours, we encourage you to file a formal complaint with ICANN against Godaddy for not allowing you to transfer your domains.

Has anyone else gotten a message like this or had problem transferring out of GoDaddy the last day or two?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I haven't tried to transfer anything, but I do know I have been having trouble with the whois export for the last two days. It isn't working. Called support who created a tech ticket....

•••
Yesterday I had a weird problem with whois of several GoDaddy domains: I submitted them to Sedo and Flippa and received messages that domain ownership can not be verified.

•••
Yesterday I had a weird problem with whois of several GoDaddy domains: I submitted them to Sedo and Flippa and received messages that domain ownership can not be verified.
I got the same message.

•••
Their Whois seems to be working currently. Maybe try it again?

•••
Don't know why this happened to you but I had successfully transferred my domain from godaddy to Bigrock few week ago.

•••
There was actually a temporary problem with Whois services in the past couple days.. should be fixed already by now..

•••
This happened to me the other day and it is a problem with the Auth codes. I got that same message and I removed a dot (.)that was the end of the Auth code and I was able to transfer.

•••
I am still unable to export whois searches for my domains.

•••
I transferred a domain over the weekend, and it seemed to work OK

•••

That explains things... I submitted 12 domains no less than 3 times AND provided screen grabs to verify, all were rejected.

•••
•••
Just got into the office I will take a look at it.

•••
We are having whois issues. Our senior leadership is aware of it and we are working hard to resolve the issue right now. I don't have an eta but they are working on the issue to get a resolution as quickly as possible. We are doing all we can to resolve it quickly.

•••
Transferring out a domain from GoDaddy, have passed several hours and didn't even received transfer email.

Usually its a matter of just 15 minutes to transfer out domains from GoDaddy. Hope it will be solved soon.

•••
I also want to thank the @Bearded Goat for pointing it out to me early this morning via pm so I was sure to see it and @Jen-Sin for tagging me. I really appreciate the heads up and help so we can let everyone know when it is resolved.

•••
It should now be resolved. I did a couple tests on my own and it was working for me on the tests. Let me know if you see any other issues. Thanks.

•••
I transferred some names away from godaddy this morning. It worked just fine.

I wont be surprised if it works sometimes and doesnt work other times. Seems like ever since godaddy went public the lack of quality and outages are happening more often. This is why I'm moving all my domains & services away from godaddy.

•••
I transferred some names away from godaddy this morning. It worked just fine.

I wont be surprised if it works sometimes and doesnt work other times. Seems like ever since godaddy went public the lack of quality and outages are happening more often. This is why I'm moving all my domains & services away from godaddy.
Well I hope you don't we would love to see you stay as a customer.

•••
Godaddy is also having extensive DNS issues. Forwarding is barely working for some, and this has gone on for weeks. So far they do not have a fix, its quite frustrating. When forwarding is slow, users will often just leave. One solution is to use non-godaddy DNS, but its a hassle if you have a lot to domains to change.

•••
Godaddy is also having extensive DNS issues. Forwarding is barely working for some, and this has gone on for weeks. So far they do not have a fix, its quite frustrating. When forwarding is slow, users will often just leave. One solution is to use non-godaddy DNS, but its a hassle if you have a lot to domains to change.

@Coffeeman you are correct. When a service or product I use stops working or causes me extra work, I simply move on. I'm sure many others will be doing the same. Its too bad because they are always good to me, but its just been one thing after another and therefore I'm out.

•••
@Coffeeman you are correct. When a service or product I use stops working or causes me extra work, I simply move on. I'm sure many others will be doing the same. Its too bad because they are always good to me, but its just been one thing after another and therefore I'm out.

And its strange how long it is taking them, to figure it out.

•••
This is the first I heard of any DNS problems. How long has it been impacting you and have you given anyone the details to look into? Thanks.

•••
Yes, godaddy support is looking into it.

•••
OK if you feel like you need to reach out you can always PM me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back