Dynadot

news GoDaddy to acquire domain sales platform dan.com!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Two members of GoDaddy's C-Suite team (CAO & CLO) formally took office as a Director of DAN.com on July 15th, 2022.

Congratulations to buyer and seller.

Last edited:
•••
Two members of GoDaddy's C-Suite team (CAO & CLO) formally took office as a Director of DAN.com on July 15th, 2022.

Congratulations to buyer and seller.

replacing who exactly?

•••
In the footer on DAN.com since today: "GoDaddy Europe Limited."
I haven't tracked it daily, but today I noticed that --for whatever reason-- this has changed back to "Dan.com an Undeveloped BV subsidiary."

•••
I haven't tracked it daily, but today I noticed that --for whatever reason-- this has changed back to "Dan.com an Undeveloped BV subsidiary."
The DAN.com footer is still changing regularly. One day it says "Undeveloped BV subsidiary", the other day it says part of "GoDaddy Europe Limited", and then again "Undeveloped BV subsidiary". Is this a test or something?

I suggest that it permanently mentions "GoDaddy Europe" in the footer, as it is very confusing for buyers.

@LaszloSchenk @DAN.COM

1671551516736.png

Last edited:
•••
The DAN.com footer is still changing regularly. One day it says "Undeveloped BV subsidiary", the next day it says part of "GoDaddy Europe Limited". Is this a test or something?

I suggest that it permanently mentions "GoDaddy Europe" in the footer, as it is very confusing for buyers.

@LaszloSchenk @DAN.COM

Show attachment 229001
I'm sure it will say whatever it is supposed to say based on the structure of their org. It could say Dog Biscuits if they want it to and they want to call their subsidiary that...

•••
I'm sure it will say whatever it is supposed to say based on the structure of their org. It could say Dog Biscuits if they want it to and they want to call their subsidiary that...
Do you think the footer should change that often, even more often than the legal structure?

•••
Do you think the footer should change that often, even more often than the legal structure?
Do you really think that there is at least one end user who is checking the dan footer daily? I doubt that there are even domainers checking the footer. As a side note, I've sold tens of domains at dan, which were listed in the same time at afternic/godaddy and nobody cared, so probably 99% of them will not care if it says godaddy or xxx.

Last edited:
•••
Do you really think that there is at least one end user who is checking the dan footer daily?
Absolutely. It's part of screening if a company is legit, before moving a lot of money to them.

•••
Absolutely. It's part of screening if a company is legit, before moving a lot of money to them.
For that they will check the public annual balances, profit and others. I don't think that they will care if they sold 1 million, 10 or 1 billions worth of domains, the process is something the same. Even more, the first step will be to google the company and believe me that they will find tens of more complains about godaddy, than about dan, just because godaddy is bigger( and with more issues in most of the areas).

Last edited:
•••
@boker

Maybe small things to you, but domain marketplaces and domain parking companies are constantly testing landers to measure what gives the best results. Let me be clear about why I'm tracking this, and posting about it.

GoDaddy is a much stronger brand than Undeveloped. Seeing GoDaddy in both the header and footer may be benificial for sales. Now it's DAN.com + GoDaddy + Undeveloped, which is confusing at least.

Last edited:
•••
@boker

Maybe small things to you, but domain marketplaces and domain parking companies are constantly testing landers to measure what gives the best results. Let me be clear about why I'm tracking this, and posting about it.

GoDaddy is a much stronger brand than Undeveloped. Seeing GoDaddy in both the header and footer may be benificial for sales. Now it's DAN.com + GoDaddy + Undeveloped, which is confusing at least.
This is what you think about it, but reality is not always the same. Do you know how many companies godaddy has bought in Europe and which never felt the extra vibe of godaddy? Do you know that there are registrars in Europe owned by godaddy and nobody cares about them? Do you know that outside US, UK, India and a couple of other countries, godaddy and dan brand value doesn't make a difference? Do you know that even in US, there are lots of end users who are running away from godaddy? Godaddy is mostly important for small websites, not big players.
PS: it will be nice to know how many companies from top 100-1000 are using godaddy as their only registrar, I can bet that there are not that many of them.

Last edited:
•••
I don't care for DAN unless they change that information of 21% VAT from Germany
which is the Netherlands VA but not the German
Germany has 19%
but DAN doesn't care for years

•••
I don't care for DAN unless they change that information of 21% VAT from Germany
Germany has 19%
Hi @LaszloSchenk is that the case?

•••
•••
•••
Germany has 19%
I dont know about EU or Netherlands laws.
But maybe a Dutch company in Netherlands selling a domain to a German customer in Germany has to apply Netherlands VAT and not Germany VAT.
?

•••
I dont know about EU or Netherlands laws.
But maybe a Dutch company in Netherlands selling a domain to a German customer in Germany has to apply Netherlands VAT and not Germany VAT.
?
no
I am selling the domain as a German to a German 19% if business or not
Dutch selling to a German Business 0% to a German Private 21%
Me selling to international People Business or not 0%
their system knows and works

just the help text is wrong
and superfluous

as everbody knows what VAT (MwSt) is and how much
everbody

•••
•••
I think they should provide more details. This slow reveal and uncertainty is not good. In fairness, on GD announcement they said this deal will complete ”last quarter of 2022” so there should be plenty of time to make adjustments to our portfolios if needed.

I think they should provide more details. This slow reveal and uncertainty is not good. In fairness, on GD announcement they said this deal will complete ”last quarter of 2022” so there should be plenty of time to make adjustments to our portfolios if needed.
I have a system that sales idea that will blow godaddy afternic dan out of the water ,its so simple they probably know about it already ,thing is they just want confusion ,the more confusion the more frustration the more chance someone does not renew and the auction path stays healthy ,these mf cost people a lot of time with listing rejection that basic technology should remedy,h t fu-- cant I register a domain thats not registered and dropped a week ago and 95 percent of these pu--y other registers reroot it to an afternic for sale page ,this is fu----- pathetic

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back