NameSilo

GOLEM Domain Aftermarket - Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ladies and Gentlemen! Seniors et Senioritas!

For those who don’t know me, want to introduce myself – my name is Nick. Why in my opinion this information would be interesting for you? Because I hope we will cooperate.

Not long time ago I began to work for company called GOLEM Domain Aftermarket (www.golem.eu). Maybe some of you heard about it or even use or used it.

What is GOLEM?

GOLEM was created and based in Austria, it is the domain aftermarket. What we offer:

- You can sell domain names through GOLEM

- You can buy domain names through GOLEM

- External Escrow

- Parking

In general this is rather a standard package of services, that similar platforms are offering, but there are some in my opinion interesting features and options, that may be interesting for you. The details are below:

1. GOLEM’s commissions

Max. commissions amount is 13%, min. – 7%, default – 10%

How to get the min. commissions amount (7%)? It’s easy. You need to change your NS’s to ours (ns1.golem.eu, ns2.golem.eu, ns3.golem.eu).

Why would you need to pay max. fee amount (13%). Because you didn’t change NS’s to ours.

How it works. Example:

Today you added your domain to your GOLEM’s account. Domain is listed for sale. If you would sell this domain today you would need to pay us 10% (default fee amount). Default fee amount works only during the 24 hours after you added domain for sale.

There are 2 options now:

1. You added a domain and changed NS’s to GOLEM’s

2. You added a domain and you did not change NS’s to GOLEM’s

Ad. 1

In this situation you’re on the right way. Because each day the fee amount would go lower for 0,1% per day, till it reach the minimum possible amount (7%).

So, you listed domain for sale today. If you would sell this domain tomorrow, your fee would be – 9,9%, if you would sell it a day after tomorrow – 9,8%, in 2 weeks – 8,6%, in one month – 7%

Ad. 2

You listed a domain for sale and DID NOT change the NS’s to GOLEM’s. Not good, but not a tragedy.

If you would sell this domain tomorrow, you would need to pay – 10,1%, the day after tomorrow – 10,2%, in 2 weeks – 11,4%, in one month – 13% (the maximum).

What is important. We have the minimum fee amount that would be paid in any case (most of platforms have such minimum too). At GOLEM such minimum amount is:

- 15 EUR if you changed NS’s to GOLEM’s

- 25 EUR if you did not change NS’s to GOLEM’s

Example:

You sold a domain for 100 EUR. You would need to pay us in any case 15 EUR (if NS’s are changed) and 25 EUR (if NS’s are not changed). Even if for particular situation the fee is set at 7%. But for example if you would sell domain for 200 EUR (set fee is 7%), you would need to pay again 15 EUR or 25 EUR.

Anyway I guess it’s understandable, if the commissions’ amount is lower than minimum fixed amount (15 EUR or 25 EUR) – you would need to pay this amount (15 EUR or 25 EUR).

I guess all that EUR (not USD) stuff won’t bother you, because minimum amounts would work only for very low sales. Even mid. xxx sale would go based not on a minimum amounts, but on a %.

Important: when you’re creating an account you can choose in what currency you would your domains to be listed. Currently we have USD and EUR.

More about pricing - https://www.golem.eu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66&Itemid=153&lang=en

3. External Escrow

This is an interesting part. You can use us as and External Escrow Service. The fee is 3% (min. 15 EUR or 25 EUR). What you need to do? The seller and the buyer need to have an account at GOLEM. When accounts are created one of the parties (buyer or seller) need to send an email to “support (at) golem (dot) eu” with the info:

Buyer: email used as GOLEM’s login

Seller: email used as GOLEM’s login

Domain: the domain

Price: agreed price, currency and who pays the commissions

Such email could be send also to my personal email: “nick (at) golem (dot) eu”

If you would send such email to my personal email, I would assist the transaction personally, so it means I’m sure you (either you are a seller, or a buyer) would be satisfied :)

The External Escrow process is rather not complicated and known to most of you. As soon as the buyer paid (our GOLEM system automatically issued an invoice at purchase) and the seller has pushed the domain to our escrow account (for gTLD’s and some ccTLD’s) than we pay to the seller (once our system requests an invoice) and push or transfer a domain to the buyer’s account. Of course if the domain need to be transferred to the other registrar, the buyer pays for transfer. But it’s clear.

4. Parking

We cooperate with ParkingCrew. Here is the example of parked domain – www.eva.eu

You can create your parking account under “My account” – “Account details”. If you already have an account with ParkingCrew you can integrate it with us. We don’t earn any cent from your parking – you’re working directly with ParkingCrew but through us.

More about parking - https://www.golem.eu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=81&Itemid=185&lang=en

5. Saleslander

Everybody knows that the end user (the buyer) very often check first whether a domain is in use or not, to find out that this particular domain name is for sale. GOLEM gives you an opportunity to create such sale’s page (saleslander). It looks nice and works good. Here is an example: www.doberman.tv

How to make it? Just change your NS’s to GOLEM’s (ns1.golem.eu, ns2.golem.eu, ns3.golem.eu). By changing NS’s you’re getting such a nice saleslander and you’re getting discount in commissions (up to 7% in one month – as I described before).
You could use url forwarding as well. To foward your domain that is listed for sale at GOLEM you need to use the following link: domain.tld.golemsales.eu.

Example: doberman.tv.golemsales.eu.

But when you use url forwarding you can't get a discount in commissions, cause your NS's are not changed.

6. Payment for the purchased domain or for the sold domain

You can pay for the domain with your CC, bank wire and Skrill (former Moneybookers) is coming. You can receive your payment for the sold domain by wire transfer and Skrill. Currently we don’t work with PayPal (because of the problems in the past with them), but possibly in the future the cooperation would be continued. In a closet future new payment methods would be introduced too.

7. Some details regarding domains listed for sale at GOLEM

Currently the update of the platform is in a process. Auctions at this moment are not working. Means that if you received an offer on your domain name, you have 2 options: a) to accept an offer, b) to make a counter offer. At this moment you can’t push the domain to auction. This issue would be solved in a very closest future.

Frankly saying, my personal opinion about auctions (not at GOLEM but at any platform), is that auctions these days is not a great and effective instrument, comparing to the situation say 3 years ago.

And now the most-most important. I am here to help you. I’m online almost all the time.

You can contact me in any case regarding GOLEM. I’ll do my best to help you. Again, my email is: “nick (at) golem (dot) eu”

You can PM me any comments, questions, anything else or left them here in this thread.

Thanks to everybody for attention :)

At www.golem.eu you can read about opportunities and our services as well.

At the end I wanted to notice that in a closest future we will introduce more interesting options. I will inform you about them.

Don’t waste your time and create an account with www.golem.eu

Let’s cooperate! :)

Cheers, Nick

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back