Domain Empire

Google AdSense

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi Guys.

In google adsense control panel. It says "impressions". does it mean unique or just hits.:?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's the number of times the adsense box was displayed on one of your pages. If one visitor went to your site and viewed it on 10 pages, it would show 10 impressions in your stats.

•••
so, it's not unique views?

•••
Originally posted by Webtwink
so, it's not unique views?

I want to be careful with the wording here, because the word 'unique' usually means different persons.

Every time a page loads and the adcode is shown to a visitor, it counts as an impression. It's not neccessarily a unique visitor, it could be one unique visitor generates multiple impressions.

•••
ok. also another question. if you have higher CTR, would you get more money for every click?

•••
ok. also another question. if you have higher CTR, would you get more money for every click?

As far as I know your CTR does not have a bearing on your per click revenue. That would be determined by what genre of site you have and the ads that your site runs.

However it could be that Google runs the higher paying ads on sites with better CTRs... much of the inner details are kept secret, but I don't think this is the case.

•••
As far as I know your CTR does not have a bearing on your per click revenue. That would be determined by what genre of site you have and the ads that your site runs.

This is my understanding as well. Google indexes each page on your site as best representing "some keywords". It will then display ads that are relevant to those keywords. The neat thing I have noticed is that google rotates advertisements from various categories (most pages will fit into more than one). Initially my pages were displaying a wide variety of ads, now they seem to have settled on particular ads. Along with that fact is that my click through rate has been getting higher over time.

Is google keeping track of ad clicks on particular ads/sites? I haven't really read that much about it, but it certainly seems to be the case.

Last edited:
•••
i have about xxx CTR but the prob is there are same ads over and over again. all they are targeted. i don't know how much helpful it would be if they are just the same ads. :(

Last edited:
•••
i have about xxx CTR but the prob is there are same ads over and over again. all they are targeted. i don't know how much helpful it would be if they are just the same ads. :(

Google's system is pretty smart. If they're showing the same ads over and over it's because those are the ones that perform well on your site.

Each time I use adsense on a site, it takes a couple weeks for it to figure out what the best ads are before it settles down.

•••
i have about * CTR but the prob is there are same ads over and over again.

Google Adsense TOS forbids disclosing of actual CTR, revenue stats, avg. payout/click, and any such specific details, etc. You could get banned for doing so. Just a friendly reminder...

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. I have made the necessary changes. Slashroot.com it would be great if you remove my ctr from your quotes. :) thanks a lot for the heads up. I means a lot to me, Both RJ and Shri

•••
•••
Thanks Slashroot.com for help and advice :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back