IT.COM

Google copying myspace!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Orkut has been out for years. This is old news. Myspace wasn't the first social networking website, there were 100's before it.

•••
In Sweden we had a site like Myspace, called Skunk, around 1998. Seems like it took a while for the concept to spread :)
I really can't see how a site like this can get so popular. I mean just take a look at the horrible presentations that people make... pink backgrounds, animated gifs all over the page and of course some music playing in the background.

•••
:D i only knew of orkut, discovered myspace only recently..

•••
discovered myspace only recently..

they have been getting alot of publicity lately, even on television....

•••
col said:
In Sweden we had a site like Myspace, called Skunk, around 1998. Seems like it took a while for the concept to spread :)
I really can't see how a site like this can get so popular. I mean just take a look at the horrible presentations that people make... pink backgrounds, animated gifs all over the page and of course some music playing in the background.
Seriously. As an older gentleman, I avoid that place like the plague.

Caught my daughter on there awhile back trying to make a page.

NOT

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back