Domain Empire

GreatDomains.com - Please Post Accepted and Denied Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
One of my names, PinotGrigiot.us, was recently accepted by GreatDomains.com after having several names denied. I had a small thread going about this before, but I'd like to start a larger thread where everyone can post which names they've submitted to Great Domains and the outcome. This may help us get a better understanding of how they select names.

I'll update this list as people post their names.

Accepted:
cashfactory biz
CoffeeBean biz
Droplist biz
411 cc
CocosIslands cc
codes cc
CountryClub cc
Fat CC
OnlineSchools cc
Poetry cc
Spiritual CC
AikidoClubs com
PokerPopular com
RapidBonus com
smartdieter com
brokers info
FitnessBlog net
iblogs net
MilitaryBlog net
MovieRelease net
PinotGrigio net
SupportUSA net
JustDiamonds org
hotmama org
Aging tv
BirthControl tv
comdeychannel tv
ComedyShows tv
CultClassics tv
Debates tv
Fifties tv
Forensics TV
insect tv
Joy tv
masterpiece tv
newsupdate tv
Nineties tv
pokergames tv
prehistoric tv
RealitySeries tv
spacestation tv
what tv
Bankers us
Check us
CourtRecords us
Dev us
Indian us
PhD us
PinotGrigio us

Declined:
CoffeeCompany biz
anyone cc
BalanceTransfer cc
capture cc
ComputerParts cc
default cc
driven cc
HealthandFitness cc
PokerStars cc
rates cc
tenant cc
acesong com
bestlatte com
billcop com
BiologyNotes com
CyclingBlog com
demonfairy com
ExpertElders com
hotfondue com
IRArates com
ITPrivacy com
Kidcycles com
mylatinbeat com
PokerCredits com
PokerPod com
PokerResorts com
retailblvd com
ReturningSoldiers com
RSSTrends com
SynagogueMusic com
TrainDirectory com
usdbox com
vegasgreens com
vGeek com
cellvirus info
BlogDiary net
hatchbacks net
NewDVDRelease net
SeaMap net
ShoppingBlog net
bestmobile org
boaters tv
breeders tv
classicmovie tv
Dual tv
GalleryGuide TV
InternetGambling TV
InternetPoker TV
MusicCharts tv
navigational tv
numeric tv
paname tv
PokerTip tv
robotic tv
socceram tv
tablets tv
TheHill Tv
TownCrier TV
ArtSupply us
CAK us
dietsmart us
pokerusa us
RTOS us

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
fonzie :)

Bingo. Either party (you or they) may cancel agreement (known by their funny legal terms - can we say "darn lawyers!" - as a "Premium Listing and Right to Transfer Agreement") with 30 days notice. But unless you make a habit of listing (get a few there, sell them elsewhere, have them removed, then think you are going to later request others be listed), you shouldn't run into any big GD guard-dog saying "No way fella!" :laugh: But, while even I have suggested possibly trying to sell elsewhere too (I have, when financially in the need to, myself)..GD is best for those with the patients to wait for the long-haul who can afford to pay renewal fees and have belief enough in their names that the right buyer will one day make it all worth the wait :imho:

Last edited:
•••
These amongst others were not accepted - you tell me how they choose them - I don't bother anymore , do it myself :td:

American.info

Geography.info

NEE.com

Expire.com ?

Dog.net ?

Oceania.tv

VoiceOverIP.tv

VideoOverIP.tv

Beverage.biz

Reduce.com ?

Reggae.us

Bridesmaid.us

Reduce.com SOLD by myself
Dog.net SOLD by Afternic
Expire.com they did eventually put it on six months after applying by which time I had SOLD it!

Last edited:
•••
PhD.us

Dev.us

I had both of those accepted, but I sold them (both to the same person, a fellow NP'er) before they ever got listed on the site. I only submitted 5. The two above were accepted, and the other 3 declined. DAM.us was one of the rejected ones, but I can't remember the other two right now. I will try to find the old emails....

wot - A couple of those you posted should have been shoe-ins. Very odd. :|

•••
AutoTalk.com Declined. That was a shock! To me anyway. lol

•••
hum,when i complete my greatdomain account,the phone number is necessary ,it's just for registred ? or a "vocal contact" is necessary for transaction...?
i speak a bad english :( (..write too..lol ..and sorry )

•••
actelvision said:
hum,when i complete my greatdomain account,the phone number is necessary ,it's just for registred ? or a "vocal contact" is necessary for transaction...?
i speak a bad english :( (..write too..lol ..and sorry )
GD never called me at all. I think it is just so they have all your contact info. They did everything over email with me. They emailed me a copy of the contract, I signed it and faxed it to them. They in return are suppose to be emailing me a signed copy of the contract. FYI, smartdieter.com is listed now:
http://www.greatdomains.com/en-def-d5338ce640e7/cgi-bin/makeOffer.cgi?domain=smartdieter&tld=com

•••
•••
wot said:
These amongst others were not accepted - you tell me how they choose them - I don't bother anymore , do it myself :td:

American.info

Geography.info

NEE.com

Expire.com ?

Dog.net ?

Oceania.tv

VoiceOverIP.tv

VideoOverIP.tv

Beverage.biz

Reduce.com ?

Reggae.us

Bridesmaid.us

Reduce.com SOLD by myself
Dog.net SOLD by Afternic
Expire.com they did eventually put it on six months after applying by which time I had SOLD it!

I was shocked. Dog.net, declined? Geography.info??? Even when .info's were new that would've been a premium name. Hmm...maybe we should get Duke to interview GD and get an official response.

List updated. Any ideas on how we should organize the list? Maybe by # of char and by TLD?

-Jorge

•••
Anyone ever lucky enough to make a sale at GD?

•••
SKG said:
Anyone ever lucky enough to make a sale at GD?

I know that Plasma.TV was sold on GD by a NamePros member.

AmCy

•••
hotmama.org - accepted
comedyshow.tv - rejected
ichat.tv - rejected

•••
worldpokerwars.com

worldpokerwars.com ... Accepted....They are in the proccess of sending papers...I might try other avenues before listing? I am interested in getting info on what anyone thinks the value might be....GD wants to list it for 15,000

Last edited:
•••
O2B1 said:
worldpokerwars.com ... Accepted

Nothing against you or your domain, but I'm really surprised they accepted that one.
I don't think many, (if any) 3 word domains are listed on there. Of course, I could be wrong, but I haven't seen any yet. And "world poker wars" only has 1 result in Google.

•••
private message

3 name domains might not be the norm.But watching the fulltiltpoker.com invitational,in Monte Carlo(live on tv on now)they say that 34 million people are watching it.And poker has circled the world and growing every day.Just try and get a good poker name a .com,very difficult to get...So I guess we will see.....I hope it will work for me.. also have NFLJAM.COM and several others

Last edited:
•••
May I ask why people choose not to list with GD? Are people worried about the 10% commission or that they can get more for the domain than GD will list it for?

•••
Listing with GD is like tipping your hat to what you would accept. Lets folks know what your "real" reserve is.
Also, they might not want to list the domain at the price that GD wants to.
Any number of reasons.
-Allan

•••
Rejected:
awful.tv
fictional.tv
lineofcredit.cc

•••
Rejected today: PokerVip.us
Urrrrrggghhhhh!

•••
Just submitted around 8 of my names. Will let you guys know what happens.

•••
I haven't figured out if it is wiser to submit one domain, wait a couple of days and then submit another one. Or, if it is better to submit a bunch at one time. I have tried both ways (submitting individually and in groups of 3) and don't think it has really mattered to my outcome.

•••
Rejected:
WeAintFunny.com
WeArentFunny.com

I figured they would be, but I was just trying it out. How do you submit more than one at a time? I found that fairly irratating, one-by-one.

•••
sjaguar13 said:
Rejected:
WeAintFunny.com
WeArentFunny.com

I figured they would be, but I was just trying it out. How do you submit more than one at a time? I found that fairly irratating, one-by-one.
You have to submit one by one. I don't know if anyone else has tried to email their customer service with a list, but I figure even if GD allowed that, it may not be as successful.

•••
cabernetsauvignon.us--declined

•••
lextalionis said:
cabernetsauvignon.us--declined

I wonder why they listed pinotgrigio but not cabernetsauvignon. Is there something to suggest wine names are doing well right now?

•••
RegFee said:
I wonder why they listed pinotgrigio but not cabernetsauvignon. Is there something to suggest wine names are doing well right now?
I couldn't answer that for you, other than cabernetsauvignon is quite a bit longer and more difficult to spell.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back